Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Brother going to airforce, any usefull gift ideas?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brother going to airforce, any usefull gift ideas?

My brother has joined the airforce national gaurd, im trying to decide what to get him for xmas. Im sure some of you guys have military experence, is there anything you can think of that might be useful for him after basic? Ive read the list of approved items you can take to basic and thats all personal care stuff, so no leway there.

Im thinking maybe a decent knife, maybe a decent military looking bag for carrying his shit around in. Im sure standard issue stuff is lacking on quality or quantity, so any suggestions would be great.
    -Dan

Astroglide
    tasty

Comment

Astroglide is for squids. Air Force troops are violated using Ben-Gay with crushed glass, and a lemon juice salt rinse after. That's why we're so ornery. :D

Seriously, it depends on where his tech school is, if he's marching to school every day or if he's allowed to arrive solo. When marching in formation, (at least when I went thru it), we had to carry briefcases with all of our school books to/from. All the briefcases in the formation had to be one of two similar types they sold on base. They're going for uniformity. A quality carry-on bag to get him there is a good idea (that's what I got), but that was a long time ago. Kids today have every fucking thing. The only other piece of advice I can give is to not make him appear too gung-ho (stay away from camo items). This military-type gear on a new recruit will certainly bring unwanted attention to him from the TIs, (we had guys who buzzed their hair, and they caught some real shit) and might make his first few hours miserable.

What career field did he choose?
      "I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death."
      -Patrick Henry, n.d.

Comment

fleshlight......lmao
        I know a kid who has one......a girl gave it to him
        Originally posted by E30_(1st Musk)_
        HONDA IS WHERE EVERY TREND DIES! .

24v swap Oil Pan..F/S

Comment

you get plenty of bags, i have like 10 brand new a-bags and i've just passed 4 years.

knives are for tools.

buy him a shirt to wear to bootcamp that says "i'm a civilian the other 28 days":D
          My E30 v1.0 | v2.0 | v3.0 | My E28 |My E34 | My feedback

Comment

Chemlight Batteries

Comment

honestly, best thing you can do for him is stay in touch. i got about 2 letters a week from friends while I was @ basic and that was what improved my morale more than anything else.
              past:
              1989 325is (learner shitbox)
              1986 325e (turbo dorito)
              1991 318ic (5-lug ITB)
              1985 323i baur
              current:
              1995 M3 (suspension, 17x9/255-40, borla)

Comment

Originally posted by dk View Post
                honestly, best thing you can do for him is stay in touch. i got about 2 letters a week from friends while I was @ basic and that was what improved my morale more than anything else.
                this.
                1988 e30 alpine white vert 5speed
                1987 e30 325 eta
                1983 e28 533
                2001 x5 4.4l
                1997 e36 M3 Alpine white 5speed
                1991 Jeep XJ I6 4.0

Comment

Originally posted by Eric View Post
                  you get plenty of bags, i have like 10 brand new a-bags and i've just passed 4 years.
                  How many A-bags did you have before you got on the plane to Lackland, son?
                  "I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death."
                  -Patrick Henry, n.d.

Comment

I work at Oakley now, and I get a ton of military guys in there looking for glasses and boots. We have some weird military stuff too, like tactical vests. If your interested on Oakley's website they have a link for the standard issue page, that's all military page. FYI to anyone that is active, you can get close to wholesale pricing, by making a membership on this page.

Oh and if you do want to get him glasses, airforce only allows neutral colors. Black, Grey, and I believe they can have ice. Pilots can't have polarized.
                    Last edited by HiTheNameIsBJ; 11-28-2009, 06:53 PM.

Comment

comfy chair
                      <---Goodnight, sweet prince

Eat well, stay fit, die anyway.

Originally posted by Brandon12V
                      unlikely. too many e46 guys craving Big Fucking Cock

Comment

Originally posted by HiTheNameIsBJ View Post
                        I work at Oakley now, and I get a ton of military guys in there looking for glasses and boots. We have some weird military stuff too, like tactical vests. If your interested on Oakley's website they have a link for the standard issue page, that's all military page. FYI to anyone that is active, you can get close to wholesale pricing, by making a membership on this page.

Oh and if you do want to get him glasses, airforce only allows neutral colors. Black, Grey, and I believe they can have ice. Pilots can't have polarized.
                        Why can a pilot not have polarized glasses? That makes little sense to me.

Comment

Originally posted by dk View Post
                          So true! if you have any hottie friends, have her write a couple hand written notes, put a couple puffs of perfume on it and if she's down a WORK SAFE picture of her. it will drive his whole flight crazy and he'll feel on top of the world.

Originally posted by jeff_b View Post
                          How many A-bags did you have before you got on the plane to Lackland, son?
                          Tousche. However i'm glad i didn't bring an a-bag to basic... that would stand out worse than a day old high n tight and a pair of aviators.

Originally posted by HiTheNameIsBJ View Post

Standard issue is the shit. I just ordered a pair of matte black gasscans from them.

what color is ice? white? definetly not allowed in the air force! We are allowed black, or silver, no mirror finish to the glass (how aviators pass???) and a subdued "non faddish" logo.

My biggiest pet pieve is when dudes in uniform wear white glasses in their car, like rules don't apply in your personal bubble??? WTF?

Originally posted by TwoJ's View Post
                          Why can a pilot not have polarized glasses? That makes little sense to me.
                          messes with the readout of the displays. ever try to read your OBC with polorized lenses?

Comment

A backpad and neck massager to be used at the desk he'll inevitably be "flying". And maybe a super cool desk jockey pen to show off with and sign important document after important document. Or maybe a desk timer so he never misses that 8-5 workday and accidentally stays late...

I kid, I kid.

in all seriousness though, the hot friend letter posted above is stellar. I had a girl send a letter with red lipstick, soaked in perfume, during my indoc period. It worked wonders.
                            sigpic89 M3

Comment

Originally posted by Ral View Post
                              And maybe a super cool desk jockey pen to show off with and sign important document after important document.
                              we digitally sign our documents now. click click.:-D

Comment

Working...
                              X