Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hard tail?

ha ha not what your thinking

i did look thru the bike sticky but did not find a direct answer to why would you want a hard tail vs full suspension mountain bike

bike would be all around street, freeriding and downhill, but not serious competition.

thanks
    “There is nothing government can give you that it hasn’t taken from you in the first place”
    Sir Winston Churchill

If you are freeriding and dowhilling, youll want a full suspension bike. Look for something more freeride ish than xc-esque. Something with about 5" of travel in the back. Alot of reason people use hardtails is because they take less maitenence and have no chance of bobbing when standing up and pedaling hard (and cheaper). With todays newer suspension designs and shock lock outs, alot of full suspension bikes dont bob much if at all when standing up and pedaling hard. Good luck!
    RIP e30 (brilliantrot '91 325i) 11/17/06 Byebye: 8/21/07
    Welcome e30 (brilliantrot '90 325is) 12/23/06
    DaveCN = Old Man
    My signature picture was taken by ME! Not by anyone else!

Originally posted by george graves
    If people keep quoting me in their sig, I'm going to burn this motherfucker down.

Comment

Originally posted by gwb72tii View Post
      ha ha not what your thinking

i did look thru the bike sticky but did not find a direct answer to why would you want a hard tail vs full suspension mountain bike

bike would be all around street, freeriding and downhill, but not serious competition.

thanks
      get something with suspension you fucking geezer. your brittle decrepit skeleton cannot take the pounding, at least not in the bike riding sense
      We can serve you better through Email

sales@blunttech.com
      www.blunttech.com

Like us on Facebook

Comment

I ride a hard tail for xc and a few weeks ago rode a friends older Intense Uzzi. It weighed 42 pounds and had a coil on the back but I was still able to pedal it around pretty easily. Give a look at a Specialized Pitch...
        1988 325i Vert
        1991 318is Slicktop

Comment

Originally posted by blunt View Post
          get something with suspension you fucking geezer. your brittle decrepit skeleton cannot take the pounding, at least not in the bike riding sense
          you're one to talk you fucking old bastard. do you shit your pants yet?

Comment

Originally posted by hugh jass View Post
            you're one to talk you fucking old bastard. do you shit your pants yet?
            dont you have a bike to crash you non driving bitch?
            We can serve you better through Email

sales@blunttech.com
            www.blunttech.com

Like us on Facebook

Comment

My brother has a Giant soft tail with Floats in the rear, the lock out is awesome. But I still rock the hard tail.
              1985 325e 2.8 Turbo VEMS

Comment

If you'll be doing lots of serious uphill riding you'll definitely want a hard tail. Rear suspension is good for flat/downhill. Or you can get one with a rear lockout. I ride hardtail and love it.
                sigpic

Comment

just get a full suspension and if it dose not have a lock out/adjustable rear shock, buy one and put it on there. Best of both worlds.
                  Originally posted by Fusion
                  If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
                  The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
                  William Pitt-

Comment

Originally posted by blunt View Post
                    hey i'm taking my osteoperosis shit every day
                    didn't need the fiber today either
                    “There is nothing government can give you that it hasn’t taken from you in the first place”
                    Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

Depends on your style, xc, get a hardtail, much lighter, less flex and fewer pieces/mechanical joints = less shit to break. You want flex and travel for downhill so get a full susp bike.
                      I ride a 04 Litespeed Pisgah, I absolutely love it, great xc bike. And not everyone wants to spend the quid on a Ti bike, but I got a great deal on it(friend owns a LBS). I get to ride a pile of different bikes and you get what you pay for. Most reputable LBSs will let you test ride a bike if you're serious about buying, some even hold weekend clinics.

If you know your bikes and are patient, C/L and Kijiji can be a great source for good quality bikes, high end bikes tend to be taken care of more so than the cheaper bikes and as we're heading into winter, you'll find some excellent deals on used bikes. Midway through Jan is when you'll find the best deals at your LBS

GL man
                      RC

Comment

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Thats the bike I want, I have to get back into Mt biking to justify the cost of that bike, but I will here some time soon.
                        Originally posted by Fusion
                        If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
                        The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
                        William Pitt-

Comment

so a hardtail would be ok for occaisional downhill/freeride? most of the time would be roads, commuting, stuff like that. i'm interested in an all around bike that can handle most anything, and don't have the $ to own two.
                          Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

so a hardtail would be ok for occaisional downhill/freeride? most of the time would be roads, commuting, stuff like that. i'm interested in an all around bike that can handle most anything, and don't have the $ to own two.
                            You definitely want to start out with a hardtail saying that. ^^

Also! Get clipless pedals!
                            -Erik
                            '16 Focus 2.0L - '99 Protegé DX 1.6L POS (Sold) - '87 4runner 22R-E (Sold) - '86 Schwarz S50 (Sold) - '02 WRX Wagon (sold) - '07 Impreza 2.5i (sold) - '91 Alpine M52 (Sold) - '89 Alpine 325is (Sold)

Originally posted by 87e30
                            I just want to dance with some beezies

Comment

Def go hardtail then. Check out rider reviews here They also keep old reviews so you can look up older bikes if you're looking into buying used which btw is an excellent way to save some bux cause people always wanting the newest gear so the older stuff which is sometimes better is sold for a song.

Again, I can't stress this enough, save your money and walk into your LBS mid Jan when traffic is slow and see if you can swing a deal.

GL man, and if you can afford a Litespeed, you will never regret it. I'll sell my e30 before I part with my Pisgah, shit I think I'd even live under the local underpass.

And yes, clipless pedals and a good saddle is a good idea, they make a world of difference and you'll be glad you spent the extra money.

GL

RC

Comment

Working...
                              X