This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bwanac
    i knew a lot of you were young, but not all of us.
    Haha ha, I wish I was young.....
    「 Terror from the Rising Sun 」

Comment

I bet there are fewer than 5 30+ users on this forum, and unfortunately, I'm one of them.
      Driving is the only way to go faster....

Comment

^5 Modded
        「 Terror from the Rising Sun 」

Comment

I'm a young'n too. 16 years old. Both my cars are much older than I am. :-) 84 318i, 82 323i.

Comment

Sheesh...I'll be 36 in January.

I have a lot of respect for you younger guys that own e30s. I know the pressure is high to "fit in" and drive a Honda, Mitsubishi or other ricer. My (much younger) brother-in-law used to have a Civic Si. When I got my 325is for fun, he nearly fainted when he drove it. It' as quick or quicker than the Si, way more torque, and throttle-on oversteer kicks ass (LSD rear helps!). It's certainly not the same as the "throttle-on torque steer" that he was used to feeling through his steering wheel.

Most of the guys have spent two, three or even four times as much on their lowly Civics than I have on my 325is. If I were 16 again, I'd be modding this thing to stomp them in every way, and be proud to own a sport sedan with a German pedigree instead of an econo-box with big wheels and fart-can exhaust.

Enjoy your "real" cars, and don't hate me because I'm old!

Comment

Enjoy your "real" cars, and don't hate me because I'm old!

Comment

woot I am glad to be in teh situation where I am still older than my car! I have a 1992 e30, I am 16.

2 '92 car
                6 '87 me
                R.I.P 07/01/09 - 04/23/10 :(

Comment

1980 vintage classic right here
                  sigpicM42 Brigade ... Throwing craze in the 318

Comment

Having respect for younger guys who chose to buy E30s is all about intelligence...

I spent under $3K and CHOSE an E30 for my car.
                    Some dumb-asses I went to school with spent at least (if not over) $7K on Maximas, Civics, and Eclipses that will NEVER out-perform or out-last my '87 325is with 160K miles on it. You have to be somewhat intelligent to recognize E30 superiority over most newer cars, regardless of your age when you realize this.

I love my car EVEN MORE, simply because I am only 2 years older than it.

Comment

Well said Jarvis.

And, yes the pressure is high, but I still love my car. Sorry, I never want to put up with front wheel drive.

What's really sad is that even my ETA keeps up...and is actually quite a bit faster with my chip than my friend's accord DX (it was about the same before) And, this is an ETA. :shock:

Also want to add that most of my friends DO in fact, respect my car as much as their own. Many have ridden in it, and do understand why I love it so much. It's funny how my 1987 325 has things over newer cars - but, the pressure's high (I know it is), but I haven't really had to deal with so much yet.
                      - Sean Hayes

Comment

Originally posted by modifiede30
                        I bet there are fewer than 5 30+ users on this forum, and unfortunately, I'm one of them.
                        HaHaHaHa!!! I'm almost 35! I hope this makes you feel better!!

-gsbadbmr

Comment

HaHaHaHa!!! I'm almost 35! I hope this makes you feel better!!
                          I can still count the number of 30+ users on one hand. I'm up to 4 that I'm aware of now.

Comment

It's two hands now, and I'm one of the older dudes also. I might be the oldest here, turn thirty ____ on the 20th of this month and my son Paul turns 9 on the 27th of the month.
                            https://www.facebook.com/BentOverRacing

Comment

19, still ride kids bikes.

Sold it.

Comment

wow a lot of you are very young ... i didn't thought that :roll:
                                sorry again that i forgot the poll for younger people... one reason is that i forgot that you can drive with 16 in USA :D

P.S.: In January i'm 20 8)
                                *** For sale: euro stuff, BBS steering wheels, smoked tail lights, bunch of rare wheels (5x120 and 4x100) ***

[/color]

Comment

Working...
                                X