FFXI, anyone else play?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FFXI, anyone else play?

Just curious if anyone else plays Final Fantasy 11. here on r3v.

I usually play during the evenings after work or when i'm really slow.

1987 PRO-3 car /1990 325is (2.7i Concours)

last final fantasy I played was VII & X but I can't wait for XIII:)

11's the online one right?

7speedshop.com

Comment

yeah 11 is online, FF-14 will be also but it is a few years away.

I like it because you never run out of stuff to do.. Ive taken a few 7-10 month breaks from playing over the last 3 years and when I come back to it, its still fun.

if you join, get on the Asura server. lol

Comment

How is it? I've heard it's very difficult to get into and somewhat of a grind.
        Originally posted by LJ851
        I programmed my oven to turn off when my pizza was done, should i start a build thread?

Feedback

Comment

Kind of, it starts off easy enough, kill a monster, gain XP, Level up. But once you hit level 15 to 20, depending on you're job, you need to start finding parties to make XP at a decent rate.

The missions are impossible as fuck unless you do them in a team or about 10 lvl's over the "recommended" level.

and its really hard to make enough money to buy armor, weapons, spells, etc. but luckily you can quest most of the important shit.

Comment

I used to be addicted to FFXI when it first came out. I had a lv75 WHM, WAR, PLD, (tarutaru nonetheless) and all my subjobs up to LV 37.. I still keep in touch with my linkshell buddies and we talk about the good ole' days =p.

It's definitely no WoW in terms of easiness, and it requires a lot more skill and time to level up. The good thing is the gameplay is a lot more rewarding, and you appreciate your accomplishments more.

I wouldn't join FFXI now because most players are high level, and that makes it difficult to find low level teams necessary to level up.

FFXIV is supposed to come out Q2 this year, although I see that being pushed back as Beta hasn't even started yet. I'm definitely gonna get in on that though.

91 318is

Comment

Originally posted by brandondan1 View Post
              I used to be addicted to FFXI when it first came out. I had a lv75 WHM, WAR, PLD, (tarutaru nonetheless) and all my subjobs up to LV 37.. I still keep in touch with my linkshell buddies and we talk about the good ole' days =p.

It's definitely no WoW in terms of easiness, and it requires a lot more skill and time to level up. The good thing is the gameplay is a lot more rewarding, and you appreciate your accomplishments more.

I wouldn't join FFXI now because most players are high level, and that makes it difficult to find low level teams necessary to level up.

FFXIV is supposed to come out Q2 this year, although I see that being pushed back as Beta hasn't even started yet. I'm definitely gonna get in on that though.
              Man, you should pick it back up! They fixed the lvl diffrences with a thing called levelsync. When you're in a party of say all 75s and a 40, Everyone would lvlsync to 40. Makes finding a party insanely easy compared to how it used to be. (that was one of the reasons for my long break)

im only a lvl.46 RDM/36BLM even after three years because I don't let it consume my life for very long. haha.

Comment

Jparkr you still playing this?

Me an my buddy just picked it up again yesterday. We quit back in ~2006-7...lost his 75 an my 70.

What server are you on?

edit durrrr.
                Originally posted by Jparkr View Post
                if you join, get on the Asura server. lol

Looks like we made our characters on Asura too, thats kinda funny.
                Last edited by Eecen; 07-24-2011, 12:11 PM.

Comment

Working...
                X