Lost Season 6

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lost Season 6

Did everyone enjoy the show tonight. I'm a huge fan of Lost, but I'm also ready for the show to be over. Tie up the loose ends and complete the story. Tonight was good, Jacob wanting to go home should be interesting.
    i'lldoitforacaravan

Jacob is dead
    Enter the Internet!

Comment

I mean Locke
      i'lldoitforacaravan

Comment

Just watching it right now on the west coast.

Comment

I am psyched! Just bummed Julliette is dead because I loved her rockin' big naturals.

Comment

Show rocks, too much emotions/thoughts to type.

So psyched for the rest of the season.

Comment

LOST is my not-so-secret addiction. I was totally psyched for the final season premiere and did not fall asleep for quite some time with too many questions/observations going through my head.

Spoiler text... highlight to read.

So what we thought was Locke is the smoke monster... and it wants what Locke did not, "to go home." He/It was the 'man in black' seen at the beginning of the season 5 finale whom Jacob has/had some sort of adversarial relationship with. What else do you call a relationship marred by ones desire to kill the other? Presumably the ship off shore in that scene is The Black Rock and the people aboard have been brought, by Jacob, to the island to play something out for the benefit of the two. Smokey says it always ends the same, they come, they destroy, and corrupt. Jacob disagrees and says what happens before the end is progress. Progress in what?

Juliet's final words were, "It worked," suggesting that the bomb did destroy the island and alter the future. We see flight 815 continue on (and the awesome chunks of island at the bottom of the ocean!) with some significant changes...

Why is Desmond aboard the flight? He's clearly not on a solo sail around the world nor stuck in The Swan pressing the button. So what was he doing in Sydney and why is he flying to LA?

Where is Shannon? Boone had gone to Sydney to bring her back to LA so why did destroying the island back in 1977 compel her to stay?

Hurley is the luckiest guy alive? Did he pick the same numbers, win the lottery, and have none of the tragedies strike him afterward? (his uncle dying, mom's house burning, meteor striking the chicken joint)

I can forgive not seeing Anna Lucia, Libby, Eko... they're in coach and ABC had to sell all those commercials (which got a little irritating). The two actresses were written off the show for getting in trouble with the cops during filming and the actor actually asked to be written off because he wanted to avoid being typecast. Bernard obviously made it back from the head. ;)

Back in the present, Smokey Locke jabs at Richard that it's nice to see him out of those chains... and then knocks him out cold. It will be interesting to see what role Richard has played between Jacob and Smokey all these years.

Sayid dies, ostensibly drowned by the uber-Others of whom it appears Cindy the flight attendant and all the children from flight 815 have been assimilated. Is Claire with them too somewhere?

Who is Hiroyukia Sanada's character? (Ujio from The Last Samurai) He seems to be in charge, but is he higher on the totem pole than Richard? Is he the Ben Linus of the non-Dharma Initiative branch of time after the bomb? What relationship do these people have with the island since they and others before them have been there so long?

Questions. Questions. Questions... it wouldn't be LOST without them!
              - Sco

Keep Our City CLEAN & SAFE Do Your Part

Comment

Originally posted by WADE30 View Post
                I am psyched! Just bummed Julliette is dead because I loved her rockin' big naturals.

Definatley a unsuspecting hottie...but Kate is still my fav

Comment

I had never watched the show until last night when I watched the season re-cap and then the premiere. Interesting show.
                  Who doesn't love a little BBQ?
                  Griot's Garage at a Deep Discount

Comment

Desmond was on the plane because the hatch was never made? (Scotaku)

But it is still unclear why he would be on it.

Comment

Originally posted by WADE30 View Post
                      Desmond was on the plane because the hatch was never made? (Scotaku)

But it is still unclear why he would be on it.
                      Right... that's what I'm wondering too. Jack returns to his seat and Desmond seems to have disappeared from the plane. During the slo-mo scene of everyone de-planing, we -don't- see ol' Des walking off. He and Jack had met once before though only Jack wondered about it. Remember the day Jack saved the girl's spine whom he later married? Jack went for a workout in a stadium that evening, got competitive with another stairclimber, twisted his own ankle... and it was Des who stopped chasing to help him. Was the Desmond of the plane not really there?

Coupla others...

Notice how Jacob visited all the main characters in the past, before the plane crash? However, only Hurley and Sayid got visits -after- the crash, -after- they'd been rescued and were two of the Oceanic Six. He did touch each one of them as well in some small way; pat on the shoulder, etc.

I wonder if Jacob and the Smoke Monster are not somehow able to take the form of dead people? That might explain Jack seeing his father, Eko seeing his brother (that was indeed ol' Smokey), and maybe even Vincent appearing at just the right times...
                      - Sco

Comment

You are wise. I constantly think of all the twists and how the stories are linked. Hopefully this season won't disappoint!

Comment

It was nice
                          E30 DRIFT E30 convertible

Comment

It's fairly obvious that Jacob is now inhabiting Sayid, his voice was noticeably different when he came back to life and spoke.

SILBER COMBAT UNIT DELTA (M-Technic Marshal)
                            RTFM:http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=56950

Comment

^^^^^

I had that feeling too... Sayid sounded a little funny.

There's a ton of theories brewing on the lostpedia forums. I kinda like the Paradise Lost and/or The Lion, The Witch, and The Wardrobe theories; fallen angels warring with God, self sacrifice, etc.
                              - Sco

Comment

Working...
                              X