I want to choke that F*****

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I want to choke that F*****

Some prick reversed into my passenger side door a few hrs ago in a 7eleven parking lot and now I'm pissed :hitler:. After he hit my car, he stopped to look at me before he pulled off. But luckily there was a cop car parked in the same lot to chase that fucker down. After catching up to him, I found out that he was wasted and got thrown in back of a cop car for DUI. So now I'm left with a nice dent on my car.

This is my first time being in an accident and I'm not too sure what to do. I hope some of you here might be able to help me.

I have all the information of the guy who hit me and a case number since it was DUI case. I was thinking about calling my insurance tomorrow morning but I think I might just call them now. When I spoke to one of the officer, he told me that more than likely the insurance wont handle the case since he was wasted and that I would have to settle things out in court. I was wondering if this is true and if anyone have any information about DUI accidents vs ordinary accidents.

He also told me that if the insurance company do handle the case, they will probably just claim it as totaled and pay be the value of the vehicle. I really don't want that to happen cause I do enjoy driving my little m42 and the fact that I spent a decent amount fixing and replacing parts.

I'm not sure where to go from here so I would appreciate any advice/tips. I apologize for my poor grammar(tired and pissed), I shall fix it tomorrow.

Here are a few shots that I just took.
    Attached Files

weak
    91 318iS http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2396154

Comment

claim it...and let them know it was parked, case number and everything or go to court...either way he'll be charged with hit and run and any damage...since it was a parked car the insurance will claim it..and he'll end up paying for the damage....
      ask me how i know?
      hahahah dui...but i got my case dismissed cause of the stupid highway patrol dont know how to do their job and fucked up...lol

but you should be able to resolve it and will get paid for it...
      could take a while though about a year...lol
      long wait if you ask me

Comment

Report it to your insurance and go from there if you are willing to risk them totalling it.

Remember, you can usually buy the car back from an insurance company and rebuild it, but it will get a salvage title.
        sigpic
        "The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter." - Winston Churchill

Comment

Luckily the damage is mostly on the door so it is mostly getting a new door, but that dent under the door is a whole different story, that is going to be very difficult to repair so i would try to squeeze as much money out of the asshole that hit you so you can take it to a proper repair facility and get it repaired.

One thing to note is if you think that the insurance company is thinking about totaling the car find a bunch of ads of really nice e30s that are being sold, like for example ones that have been fully restored to showroom stock, and send it to your insurance agent and that will probably help in the decision on the value of the car.

Comment

police officers are not lawyers. don't take his word to mean anything.

pursue things with the other guy's insurance company first; they are financially liable whether or not he was drunk.

sorry to hear of your misfortune.
            past:
            1989 325is (learner shitbox)
            1986 325e (turbo dorito)
            1991 318ic (5-lug ITB)
            1985 323i baur
            current:
            1995 M3 (suspension, 17x9/255-40, borla)

Comment

That sucks it damaged the rocker
              -Andy

Comment

Get a complete police report. This is 100% the other guy's fault. A cop saw the whole incident and the driver was drunk. Make a claim to his insurance. Should be an easy case.
                Brake harder. Go faster. No shit.

massivebrakes.com

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Massiv...78417442267056

Comment

Originally posted by Massive Lee View Post
                  Get a complete police report. This is 100% the other guy's fault. A cop saw the whole incident and the driver was drunk. Make a claim to his insurance. Should be an easy case.
                  Exactly...

Comment

Here's my little story. A few years ago, while returning from a journey around the South West in my Hartge H23, I got hit in Ohio on the highway by a rolling wheel, lost by a trailer. I managed to find the pick-up and trailer, parked on the shoulder, and to get the attention from a highway patrol car. Cops issued a report and I made ample pictures of the missing wheel on the trailer as well as the sheared hub, and the damages to my car.

When I returned home in Montreal, I called the other driver's insurance explaining the whole incident and asking if they wanted my attorney to contact their's in order to settle the situation (I was actually bluffing as I didn't really know what the outcome would be). The insurer told me it was not necessary to go that far as everything clearly pointed at their client's fault. I only had to send them the olice report, pictures and an estimate from a repair shop to fix the car and they would send me a check. No question asked. No proof of repair needed.

I guess it is about the same scenario for the OP's ;-)
                    Brake harder. Go faster. No shit.

massivebrakes.com

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Massiv...78417442267056

Comment

get jean in here, he knows what to do!
                      Originally posted by george graves

Are you kidding me? That nerd doesn't even know how his dick works, let alone a car.

Comment

Of course the insurance covers it. Liability is required and it has no exemptions. Comprehensive might.

The only reason you should not be covered is if he had no insurance, then its whether or not you have full coverage including uninsured motorist coverage. If neither then you will have to sue.
                        Im now E30less.
                        sigpic

Comment

part that shit out

Comment

My car was hit by a girl that was very drunk leaving a bar one night. I knocked on her window had her pull over. Some family members that had begged her not to drive came over and we spoke. Her insurance covered it no questions asked. Of course the cops were not called.
                            i'lldoitforacaravan

Comment

Man, I would want to crush that cock suckers skull!

What was he driving?

Hope you get it sorted out with any problems.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X