Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone know anything about aircompressor repair?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone know anything about aircompressor repair?

A while back I left my compressor plugged in, with a leaky hose. The motor was old and tired, and when I went back out to my shed the motor was just buzzing and the belt was broken. I get given a 1hp motor that came out of an above ground pool pump, and I was told that it should work. Wire it up, no go. Today I go out and buy this, wire it up, it just buzzes at me. Cool, my pressure switch must be blown. I mess around with the switch a bit, make no progress. Finally I get fed up and I pull the switch off, and wire the motor straight to the wall, it still just fucking buzzes. What could I possibly be doing wrong? Also there is a red button on the side of the motor, anyone know what it does?

If the motor was tired, I would just purchase a new one. Sorry I can't be anymore help than that.
    Need a part? PM me.

Get your Bass on. Luke's r3v Boxes are here: http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=198123

Comment

I did, the link on the word "this" is a 5hp motor from tractor supply

Comment

is there a starting capacitor separate from the old motor that went out? that's what happened with the motor for the fan on my ac condenser last year.

are we talking 110v or 220v? the link you posted doesn't really say what that motor is. it looks like that motor has its own capacitors though.

Comment

yeah it has it's own capacitor, and it's 110. I hate to think the capacitor is bad, as it's brand new.

Comment

yea, i didn't think a brand new motor with it's own cap would be bad. just going from what little experience i have with motors. good luck!

Comment

Does it buzz not connected to the pump? Did you wire the motor it correctly? Does the motor have the correct electrical supply? i.e. the motor isnt 220 only and isnt wired for 220. Check you're source power. Check the pump to make sure it isnt seized.
              Ma che cazzo state dicendo? :|

Comment

if it's one of those cheapo compressors i'd make sure the pump itself isn't seized first
                sigpic
                Originally posted by u3b3rg33k
                If you ever sell that car, tell me first. I want to be the first to not be able to afford it.

Comment

Yea I think I'm just going to bring it back to them, It was bottom shelf with marks on it, who knows if it was dropped or something. luckily the label is f'd up so I really can't see what the supply is, I know I grabbed it off a spot on the shelf that was marked for 110v, so who knows. The manufacturers website blows, so I can't pull it up by product number.

Comment

Working...
                  X