Rent DSLR and Lens?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rent DSLR and Lens?

I am going on vacation to Kauai and need a camera to capture my journey. Rather than buying a nice DSLR I figured I would try and rent one from someone here. I can provide ID and whatever is needed (within reason) to make the renter feel safe that the camera will be returned in excellent condition or reimbursed in full. I can pay a reasonable rental fee.

So if there is anyone out there that wants to make a few bucks back on thier camera purchase by renting me one for a week then let me know.

Thanks!

Try a photographer they usually have tons of cameras lying around. Try wolf or ritz, they might know someone. You won't get anywhere if you don't know how to handle the humidity fog up problem.
    i'lldoitforacaravan

Comment

I know in seattle there is a camera shop that actually rents gear.
      Originally posted by z31maniac
      I just hate everyone.

No need for discretion.

Comment

Ive rented my film one out for free. The sonys my baby though. Although, i probably wouldnt use it till then...

Comment

I'm not even letting my parents borrow my stuff. :rofl:
          Originally posted by z31maniac
          I just hate everyone.

No need for discretion.

Comment

www.classicdaily.net
            1970 m42 swapped 2002
            1985 LS1/T56 Swapped e28 (557e)

www.blunttech.com - For all your parts needs

Follow me on Instagram for constant build updates @classicdaily
            https://www.facebook.com/ClassicDailyLLC

Comment

Look at the local camera shops, some will rent and have a list of options (cameras and lenses) and prices....
              Mtech1 v8 build thread - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...d.php?t=413205

OEM v8 manual chip or dme - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho....php?p=4938827

Comment

Thanks for all the suggestions! I appreciate it.

Comment

Do a search on google theres a few places but they charge so much. Why don't you just buy a nice digital big zoom?
                  sigpic

Comment

buy it on visa then return it after trip?
                    91 318iS http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2396154

Comment

Are you in San Jose right now? I could rent you mine.

Comment

Your best deal would be online, renglass.com, lensrentals.com and thelensdepot.com. Sorry dude but its not my business to hand over my gear so for a rental it would cost you a deposit of the replacement cost of the equipment.

Originally posted by e34john View Post
                        Do a search on google theres a few places but they charge so much.
                        You can get a Nikon D5000 (A $600 camera) for $60 for the week and an 18-200 (another $600 purchase) for $43 for the week. That is about $100, less than what a local shop is going to be charging.

Also, why do you want a DLSR? You are likely going to be shooting in Auto mode 90% of the time if you havent used one before. Even if you were getting off of the dummy dial settings you arent going to get comfortable in a week so its going to take you forever to take the pics and you will have a lot of throwaways. Youd be better off getting a bridge camera, for a few hundred you can get a superzoom bridge camera.
                        Last edited by Ryan Stewart; 04-07-2010, 07:02 AM.
                        Im now E30less.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Danny View Post
                          Yup Im in San Jose until next Wends morning. Then I fly to Kauai. Im down with the rental if its reasonable.

Comment

I wanted to experiment with the HDR photo taking process. As you know there is a mode that one can set that will take 3 or four sucessive shots that have different exposures and then merge them using a piece of software.Photomatics . Then clean them up with photoshop. Its true that i could end up with pure shit, but its fun to learn and try. 90 % of the time with the auto settings is fine and I would like the 10 % of the time to shoot outside the box.

Comment

Originally posted by Danny View Post
                              Sounds possible? I want to see if I can capture some HDR photos while I am in Kauai and it pretty late in the process to rent online and such. So I was considering the local options .

Bruce

Comment

Working...
                              X