Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Donald speaks about China (No POL content)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Donald speaks about China (No POL content)

View the latest business news about the world’s top companies, and explore articles on global markets, finance, tech, and the innovations driving us forward.

Donald: China thinks we are dumb SOBs.......

Still is political stuff. People at r3v associate money with politics.

Comment

Definitely belongs in the political forum. He makes some good points.

All I could think about though was how much I wanted to bang the broad.

Comment

^^^ Gosh, I listened to the whole thing carefully to make sure no political party or ideology was mentioned.

Had he blamed the situation on either party, I woulda posted it elsewhere.

I figured if the job market thread, which is chock full of politics, got to stay, The Donald talking about China would fly.
        Last edited by mar1t1me; 04-06-2010, 05:39 PM.

Comment

I think it is a social subject, not political, as long as we don't start blaming on party over the other.

A- I'd bang Poppy
          B- Donald is saying what I have been advocating on this forum for a very long time.
          C- I'd bang Poppy again.
          Brake harder. Go faster. No shit.

massivebrakes.com

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Massiv...78417442267056

Comment

Originally posted by Massive Lee View Post
            I think it is a social subject, not political, as long as we don't start blaming on party over the other.

A- I'd bang Poppy
            B- Donald is saying what I have been advocating on this forum for a very long time.
            C- I'd bang Poppy again.
            I finally agree with this guy!
            1985 BMW 325e
            1997 BMW M3/4/5
            2007 Chevy Silverado Crew Cab 5.3 v8

Comment

Poppy would look much better with my cock in her mouth

Closing SOON!
              "LAST CHANCE FOR G.A.S." DEAL IS ON NOW

Luke AT germanaudiospecialties DOT com or text 425-761-6450, or for quickest answers, call me at the shop 360-669-0398

Thanks for 10 years of fun!

Comment

Sometimes, in relation to what Donald is saying about exporting the US manufacturing to China, I wonder if many US manufacturers may have dug their own hole.

A Mishimoto aluminum radiator costs $180 plus shipping from California. And $180 includes shipping from China in containers.
                Any US manufacturer will sell their US-made radiator for three times the price. Come on. Does it cost that much more to produce a rad on this side of the world? Or are US manufacturers too greedy? ;-)

massivebrakes.com

Comment

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
                  Taxes(SSI, FICA, Unemployment, general Payroll, property, and the list continues) much larger over head for labor cost, much much higher energy rates, lawsuit protection, blah blah blah balh.

Yes they dont need to sell for 3x as much but it will be a bit more expensive.

We used to make things here :(

Originally posted by Massive Lee View Post

A- I'd bang Poppy
                  C- I'd bang Poppy again.
                  this I would have to agree whole heatedly with
                  Originally posted by Fusion
                  If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
                  The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
                  William Pitt-

Comment

i agree with what he's saying for the most part, but he makes it seem easier than it really would be. if they taxed the shit out of china and they stopped manufactirung there, american companies would just go to another foriegn country because to make things here it's too costly. it's all about money and to do things here is costly which is why we don't make things here to begin with.

also, i would rock the shit out of poppy

Comment

There are commercial agreements between countries. Like NAFTA. Supposedly a fre trade zone including Mexico, US and Canada. Basically you scratch my back, I'll scratch yours. The problem with stuff done in China, India or what ever ex-thrid world country is the lack of reciprocity. Money pours out of the US, so do jobs. And what is the US to gain? Nothing. They are simply exporting jobs. And sadly, not only in the manufacturing sector, but also in the service sector. Call your credit card company, the voice answering your request will probably have a Pakistanese accent... ;-) What the hell has gone wrong? Is the US paying now the cost of a lavish lifestyle that lasted 30 years (1950-1980)?

massivebrakes.com

Comment

Originally posted by mrsleeve View Post
                        ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
                        Taxes(SSI, FICA, Unemployment, general Payroll, property, and the list continues) much larger over head for labor cost, much much higher energy rates, lawsuit protection, blah blah blah balh.
                        Damn straight. That clean air and water we enjoy-the unemployment and disability benefits-the protections against abuse by your employer, etc, etc etc,.....

We can make it cheap, alright. Just don't complain when the chemical the company uses that wasn't FDA/OSHA/EPA approved causes your lungs to rot and then you can't work as fast and get fired. There's no social support, so you beg for food until you die.

I personally believe that products made to be consumed in this country by companies based in this country should be made under conditions that can be found in this country. Suddenly, it would be about the same price to do it here, and we'd have millions of jobs created.

I found this interesting link. China has serious troubles of its own and were things to become truly unstable, the fact that we rely so heavily on them for everything could threaten our security.

Originally posted by mrsleeve View Post
                        We used to make things here :(
                        We sure did. I remember vibrant cities full of people who made things. Now our cities are rotting. And it ain't coming back until people are willing to pay a little more.
                        Last edited by mar1t1me; 04-07-2010, 08:57 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by mar1t1me View Post
                          Damn straight. That clean air and water we enjoy-the unemployment and disability benefits-the protections against abuse by your employer, etc, etc etc,.....

We can make it cheap, alright. Just don't complain when the chemical the company uses that wasn't FDA/OSHA/EPA approved causes your lungs to rot and then you can't work as fast and get fired. There's no social support, so you beg for food until you die.

I personally believe that products made to be consumed in this country by companies based in this country should be made under conditions that can be found in this country. Suddenly, it would be about the same price to do it here, and we'd have millions of jobs created.

I found this interesting link. China has serious troubles of its own and were things to become truly unstable, the fact that we rely so heavily on them for everything could threaten our security.

We sure did. I remember vibrant cities full of people who made things. Now our cities are rotting. And it ain't coming back until people are willing to pay a little more.

I fully agree with you for a change (as opposed to some what) While I do see the need fort some of the safety net as a advanced society and helping those that need it. But It has become over grown and abused.

Yes the environmental laws hamper and make doing anything very expensive Look no further than the shit that has been imposed on the Oil/gas industry, WE HAVE HUGE oil and NG reserves in this country, enough that they rival that of the sauids in 1952 but for 33 years the EPA and the clean water act basically banned the exploration and development of those resources. Since 05 he ban on the necessary techniques has expired so now we are just starting to ramp up the exploration of these Play's. But now that XOM had acquired XTO to get in on the NG market. That of course had to go get congressional approval and justify the methods used to extract the resource. We all know with the GREEN movement in our govt, that it wont be long till this gets shut down, because heaven forbid the Oil/gas industry make any more money, fuck the 100's of thousands of GREAT paying jobs that they will create, and the income taxes that come with it, the lessening of our dependence on foreign energy, blah blah blah.

Look at the construction industry, everyone bitches about how much it cost to build anything from a road, to a sewer, to a home, but it has as much to do with the environmental BS you have to put up with to do anything, and the suppliers of your materials have to play by those rules as well. All this dose is drive the final build price up. Dont get me wrong here, I am all for common sense Environmental laws but when you get out there and try build a job, or drill a production well, and get to see the restrictions put on your operation and just how much it adds to the price of what you are doing its amazing it can be well over 50% of the bid price.

I grew up just west of detroit, and know so many people that worked for the big 3 directly or even just for a supplier. I know people that used to have good jobs building your home appliances for Whirlpool, amana and several others that had plants that supported entire towns or counties. All paid decent wages and have pack up shop to move to china to save a few bucks.

We used to make stuff here, we still can and do it better than anyone else in the world, the skills and the infrastructure is still here, we have a work force that is hungry to just do something, there are several companies that have realized the china migration is not all its cracked up to be to save a few bucks the big one is Caterpillar, but the Govt is doing all it can to keep the jobs moving away from here. Cat dose not even build Over the road engines anymore for the Nations trucking fleets, once considered the A++ #1 standard to shoot for in the trucking world for power, reliability and longevity, they said fuck thanks to the EPA and the ridiculous emission standards. The Corporate tax rates, this new HC thing and many many other things

we used to make stuff here, we still can but I think the feds are gonna do all the can to keep that from happening again

lee I will have to say this I will gladly pay way more for an item that was made here or Canada or even in Europe, and do so as often as I can, I go so far as to seek out local produces for things 1st if there is the option to. There is a lot be said for supporting you neighbor by using his service or products.
                          \/ \/ \/ \/ \/ \/ \/ \/ \/ \/ \/ \/ \/
                          Last edited by mrsleeve; 04-07-2010, 09:51 AM.
                          Originally posted by Fusion
                          If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
                          The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
                          William Pitt-

Comment

I am very happy to pay a little extra to subsidize FDA when I purchase some food. At least the certification assures me I won't die from poisoning. Also happy to have some certification on appliances I purchase. Ending your life electrocuted sure ain't fun.;-) and the same safety screening probably applies when building a road, a sewer or a home. Most of what we purchase that is made "locally" may be expensive because the workers who made it are expensive. Everyone wants to live rich.

massivebrakes.com

Comment

Working...
                            X