College Football 2010

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

College Football 2010

Just wondering how R3V feels about the upcoming year, new recruits for your teams, and who your teams are.

I'm a BAMA fan, born and bred. If I converted to anyone else my family would disown me.

A lot of people are expecting our defense to suffer from the loss or 9 starters from a year ago. On the other hand, we now have more talent through and through on the defensive side of the ball. Not as much experience, but that will come. I'm looking for Hightower to step up and be the McClain this year.

The offensive side of the ball is looking exceptional this year, especially considering the top two running backs in the SEC are playing for the Tide. McElroy should have an even better, more consistent season. Hopefully he can keep that winning streak alive :D

Roll Tide!

Originally posted by mr_naler View Post
    Just wondering how R3V feels about the upcoming year, new recruits for your teams, and who your teams are.

I'm a BAMA fan, born and bred. If I converted to anyone else my family would disown me.

A lot of people are expecting our defense to suffer from the loss or 9 starters from a year ago. On the other hand, we now have more talent through and through on the defensive side of the ball. Not as much experience, but that will come. I'm looking for Hightower to step up and be the McClain this year.

The offensive side of the ball is looking exceptional this year, especially considering the top two running backs in the SEC are playing for the Tide. McElroy should have an even better, more consistent season. Hopefully he can keep that winning streak alive :D

Roll Tide!
    It's funny how our teams sorta mirror each other. Even though you guys won and all :P.

Our D has lost a good chunk of it's starters, esp the D line and the LB corps. DBs are looking weak minus CBs of course. As bud foster would say, "we're reloading not rebuilding."

On offense, well, we have some of the best RBs in the ACC, Darren Evans and Ryan Williams. Tyrod is his usual tyrod self and the WRs are looking great.

However, I do believe this thread is a bit early even with spring practices happening.

GO HOKIES!
    2008 335i - n54b30
    1991 318i - m52b28
    1994 fzj80 - LAND CRUSHER

Comment

I am thinking Nebraska will have a pretty good year. Schedule lines up favorably, and the team returns a lot of experience. The offense should be better, while the defense stays consistent. They will miss Suh, that is for sure. And even though he blew his coverage at VT, O'Hanlon will be missed as well. On offense, with Lee having the surgery on his arm and missing all of spring ball, all the other QB's will be getting lots of reps. T. Martinez is said to already be pushing Green, last years back up QB. Supposedly, he is a very dynamic runner. Word is he will be running the wild cat this year for sure. I think they will finally have some much needed depth on the O line, which killed them last year. More then most know. No lineman was healthy, and they really had no one to spell them. Overall, I think the team will be stronger, and I can see them making a decent run.

Comment

mr. naler, I miss John Parker Wilson.Very good player. But USC will not be the powerhouse everyone is expecting. Until someone becomes a leader on that team, they will for sure suffer.
        "get in, get off, wipe your dick off on her sheets and get out."

Comment

Originally posted by Will_318i View Post
          mr. naler, I miss John Parker Wilson.Very good player. But USC will not be the powerhouse everyone is expecting. Until someone becomes a leader on that team, they will for sure suffer.
          JPW was a very talented QB, but he was too emotional. McElroy is a much better all around QB. JPW was the kinda QB that could win games for you, but he could also lose them for you. McElroy won't get you beat.

I haven't looked into USC too much. Since I heard about ol' Kiffin heading out that way I kinda wrote them off until they prove me wrong.

Comment

Florida fan all the way. I can't wait to see what Brantley is going to do for the passing game. With Tebow gone, maybe we'll see something reminiscent of the "Fun and Gun" Spurrier offense?

Bama: THANK YOU for making Texas pound sand! You beat us, but you beat us fair and square. Florida just didn't show up to that game, and Bama was better than ever. I think Bama played a better game in the SEC Championship than in the Title game.
            Originally posted by george graves
            If people keep quoting me in their sig, I'm going to burn this motherfucker down.

Comment

Originally posted by Beach Bum View Post
              Florida fan all the way. I can't wait to see what Brantley is going to do for the passing game. With Tebow gone, maybe we'll see something reminiscent of the "Fun and Gun" Spurrier offense?

Bama: THANK YOU for making Texas pound sand! You beat us, but you beat us fair and square. Florida just didn't show up to that game, and Bama was better than ever. I think Bama played a better game in the SEC Championship than in the Title game.
              I second that motion. I think McElroy being hurt like he was effected him a bit, but mostly I think they were in a little over their heads at times as far as just the fact of being there. I think they were ready for the game totally, but as for the stage on which the game was played. I don't think they were ready for that.

I'm interested in seeing how yall do, I guess we'll see before the SEC championship game this year. Oct. 2 see ya there!

Comment

Well unfortunately I didn't get to watch the A-day game. From what I hear, though, Ingram is bigger, faster, and stronger as well is Trent Richardson. I am excited to see our defense this year, I think they will be a little better than most people think. Our special teams is what has me worried... I'm confident that our offense will handle it's business this year better than last though.

Comment

Collaros got enough playing time last year that I have good faith in him this year, we also may have lost our top return man and one of our better receievers, but I think our offense will still be good. Our defense still could use some work and lost a good coach, but I think we have the big east locked down again. Go Cats!
                  www.rstyleautomotiveperformance.com

Comment

I'm still pissed off the PAC-10 didn't represent in the bowls this last year.. also irritated that Oregon's offensive stars are all in jail!

Other than that I'm geeked as always for the upcoming season.

Comment

Originally posted by Takeivy21 View Post
                      Collaros got enough playing time last year that I have good faith in him this year, we also may have lost our top return man and one of our better receievers, but I think our offense will still be good. Our defense still could use some work and lost a good coach, but I think we have the big east locked down again. Go Cats!
                      The bearcats had a perfect regular season last year, but I'm not so sure they can pull that off again this year. I'm personally looking for Pitt to show up next year when it matters. Watching them get beat 45-44 last year was awful, they just completely broke down and Cincy made the plays they needed to to win it.

Comment

Big Fail Boat for BAMA today, WTF! Thanks for screwing TCU and Boise State
                        1985 BMW 325e
                        1997 BMW M3/4/5
                        2007 Chevy Silverado Crew Cab 5.3 v8

Comment

I'm happy Auburn won. I want to see the Ducks win the title game against a legit team.
                          Originally posted by Gruelius
                          and i do not know what bugg brakes are.

Comment

I'm rooting for Oregon, even though I'm Arizona alumni
                            1985 BMW 325e
                            1997 BMW M3/4/5
                            2007 Chevy Silverado Crew Cab 5.3 v8

Comment

Oregon!
                              Chris Woods

https://www.facebook.com/munichmotorworks

Comment

Working...
                              X