Awesome presentation on the 4th dimension

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Awesome presentation on the 4th dimension

I've had a decent grasp on the concept of the 4th dimension and so forth but never a great way of explaining it. It's definitely an old video but Carl Sagan is very intelligent. This is one of the best presentations on the subject that I have seen. I began to ponder though after watching this. If a 4d object casts a 3d shadow, then are some of the things around us in this world merely shadows?
    1985 M10b18. 70maybewhpoffury. Over engineered S50b30 murica BBQ swap in progress.

Originally posted by DEV0 E30
    You'd chugg this butt. I know you would. Ain't gotta' lie to kick it brostantinople.

ok dude what ever

I've always been proud of being a Marine.
    I won't hesitate to defend the Corps
    "Supersquad"

‎"Prostitutes are a sub-category of Amusement Parks"-

Comment

Comment

We think in fourth dimensionality and cast shadows of ourselves. Communication in a fourth dimension would consist of instant understanding of what was said or portrayed by thought. At least that is as far as I've gotten. Give or take a thousand steps.

Every day I wake up we drink a lot of coffee and watch the CNN
        Every day I wake up to a bowl of clover honey and let the locusts fly in.
        Lobsterbacks attack the town again
        Wrap all my things in aluminum
        Beams of darkness streak across the sky
        Pink rays from the ancient satellite
        Every time I look out my window same three dogs looking back at me.
        Every time I open my windows cranes fly in to terrorize me.

Comment

I understand what you are saying, what would otherwise be known as the "Collective Concience". I never really looked at it that way though. Our souls exist in the 4th dimension or higher and are placed within 3d bodies.
          1985 M10b18. 70maybewhpoffury. Over engineered S50b30 murica BBQ swap in progress.

You'd chugg this butt. I know you would. Ain't gotta' lie to kick it brostantinople.

Comment

Originally posted by Holland View Post
            I understand what you are saying, what would otherwise be known as the "Collective Concience". I never really looked at it that way though. Our souls exist in the 4th dimension or higher and are placed within 3d bodies.
            Not placed. They are the shadow casters. An ever developing image.

Comment

...just for the record, I never expected to see this on r3v. It makes me :)

Comment

Ok, now that makes more sense. So then this world that we live in and the people we see and the events that unfold are just perceptions made by what would be the collective conscience? Am I correct in saying that?

Comment

I expected the first two comments to be 20 fold with a side of blunt's "I'll ram you home in all four dimensions" with a side of Lee and holmes sandwich. It's nice to have somewhat of a decent conversation on this. Can't expect too much posting on a BMW forum though. For the record I am into all this "crazy shit".

Comment

Pretty interesting. A good explanation that isn't frustrating to try to under stand

oh and on a side note:
                    MP3 available at http://www.symphonyofscience.com. "We Are All Connected" was made from sampling Carl Sagan's Cosmos, The History Channel's Universe series...

edit: Wtf I fail at embedding videos. :( lol

Comment

Billions and Billions

Grew up watching the Cosmos, still can catch it once in while on the Science channel.

We miss ya Carl. RIP
                      Originally posted by Fusion
                      If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
                      The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
                      William Pitt-

Comment

I love the youtube video that was turned into this guy singing a song. It's badass.

This is so over my head, I'm very confused. This is my first "look" at the 4th dimension.
                        Originally posted by z31maniac
                        I just hate everyone.

No need for discretion.

Comment

I'll ram you home in all four dimensions.

Comment

Originally posted by Danny View Post
                            I'll ram you home in all four dimensions.
                            I felt that before the 3-d shadow of your penis hit my sphincter.

Comment

Originally posted by Holland View Post
                              Ok, now that makes more sense. So then this world that we live in and the people we see and the events that unfold are just perceptions made by what would be the collective conscience? Am I correct in saying that?
                              This has a little too much pre-destiny in it for me. It is not a soothsayer scenario. All is and will be are not the ideas to guide this line of fourth dimensional talk. It's more of a chaotic event of what will, will, and has.

God that sounds so eastern.

Comment

Working...
                              X