Originally posted by Pl3wA View Post
    all of SKRILLEX

Skrillex is not dubstep.

Skrillex is "Brostep"
    Originally posted by flyboyx
    i have watched my dog lick himself off a few times

Comment

Originally posted by drumad View Post
      How are you guys liking the new bassnectar?
      So far I like Butterfly and Nothing Has Been Broken.
      Originally posted by StereoInstaller1
      Do you feel like something is trying to penetrate your butthole?

Comment

I prefer the first half more than the 2nd. But im trying to listen to the 2nd half more. Good though.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Burns View Post
          Skrillex is not dubstep.

Skrillex is "Brostep"
          well...

Comment

Skrillex is not dubstep.

Skrillex is "Brostep"
            whatever....to me, most of the stuff categorized as dubstep is just repellant dribble.

Comment

Skrillex is not dubstep.

Skrillex is "Brostep"
              Skrillex is not "anythingstep", jackwad. Skrillex is Electro-House. Always has been. How he ever got lumped into Dubstep is beyond me. His style does have influences of Dubstep, but that's about as far as it goes. Why he's so hated on makes NO sense to me.

"I don't even try to make 'dubstep'," he says, lifting his hands to make air-quotes. "It's just another tempo and rhythm that I work in, because it makes people go wild." This might sound like a line from Spinal Tap, but his sincerity is endearing.

Moore's self-image tallies with the view of British dubstep star Skream, who has stood up for Skrillex against more-underground-than-thou snobs. "His production is so fucking clean but twisted," Skream says, "but the real thing is how he's shaken everything up without even knowing it. He's almost done to dubstep what me and Benga did to garage."
              Last edited by Jand3rson; 04-16-2012, 08:06 PM.

Comment

"more-underground-than-thou snobs"

I fucking hate these people. Just enjoy the music and quit bickering over genres and whatnot.
                2008 335i - n54b30
                1991 318i - m52b28
                1994 fzj80 - LAND CRUSHER

Comment

Originally posted by Janderson View Post
                  Skrillex is not "anythingstep", jackwad. Skrillex is Electro-House. Always has been. How he ever got lumped into Dubstep is beyond me. His style does have influences of Dubstep, but that's about as far as it goes. Why he's so hated on makes NO sense to me.
                  you answered that yourself.
                  he, as an artist has always been promoted and recognized under the 'dubstep' genre.

Skrillex is falling under the same fate as Deadmau5...it's not really house, it's not really anything...it's his own style provided he doesn't stray from the 128bpm lol.

Jackwad?
                  sure- name call all you feel is necessary, yet i've made a fairly descent career DJ'ing for well over 15 years (10yrs profesionally) as my 2nd job traveling from coast to coast.
                  Mind you my flavor is mostly oldschool jungle/DnB/Breaks, I do happen to know a little about the culture, what's going to last, and what's just another flash in the pan gimick.

Dubstep has been around for years allready before the moniker gave it it's fame...hell it is was mainly influenced by Korn, Carl Cox etc.

Comment

Originally posted by drumad View Post
                    "more-underground-than-thou snobs"

I fucking hate these people. Just enjoy the music and quit bickering over genres and whatnot.

electro-hipsters.
                    fuck i'm 33 years old and I have 17 year olds out there thinking they're gods gift to knowing what it's all about.

Comment

I used jackwad in the playful/joking sense, I'm not mad.

Comment

When I first heard the word Dubstep I thought it was another 2 step dance from Georgia.
                        SO MUCH MORE TO DO!!
                        IG: ohthejosh

LEGIT CHECK ME BRUH
                        BUYER FEEDBACK THREAD

Comment

funtcase's sounds are sooo grimy. check out the double drops near the beginning! so wonky

Last edited by JTDay; 04-17-2012, 04:54 PM.
                          Past: 1987 325iS, Bilsteins - HR Sports

Present: 1999 M3, Koni Yellows - HR Sports - GC Camber Plates - UUC Swaybars - UUC SSK - AFE Intake - Stromung Catback

2009 Mazdaspeed3, Short Ram Intake - Turbo Inlet Pipe - 2nd cat Delete - Catback - Fuel Pump Internals - Cobb Accessport - Stratified E30 tune - 294/342 - SPC Camber Arms - CPE Rear Motor Mount

Comment

Comment

Tomorrow! Going to see Datsik.

Comment

Nuff said.

Comment

Working...
                                X