I made this:

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Conki View Post
    I made an aluminum meat tenderizer... your thing is way cooler.
    you mean a mallet
    Originally posted by Fusion
    If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
    The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
    William Pitt-

Comment

Pretty cool. But I can't believe it took you so long to build something so simple
      Originally posted by audiquattrot
      bimmers b4 b*tches....remember that.
      1990 Alpinweiss 325i - secret 500whp build
      2000 Audi S4 B5 Laser Red
      1990 Nissan 240sx - Drift Missile
      2006 CBR600RR

Comment

Originally posted by 619E30 View Post
        Pretty cool. But I can't believe it took you so long to build something so simple
        Meh, For a a bunch of Noobies i think we did more than fine. i finished with the rest of the " Cool smart Kids"...I just wish i would of taken more time on the cannon. i will get some Detailed pics of it Soon.
        Originally posted by e30e
        lose the old man bmwcca badge.

Comment

Originally posted by 619E30 View Post
          I agree with the OP

It takes way longer than youd think for people who dont know what theyre doing to turn out parts like these...

Mini Cannon looks dope thought dude, good work!
          -Chris

Comment

Nice! I'm going to school for machining right now! I love it.
            -Erik
            '16 Focus 2.0L - '99 Protegé DX 1.6L POS (Sold) - '87 4runner 22R-E (Sold) - '86 Schwarz S50 (Sold) - '02 WRX Wagon (sold) - '07 Impreza 2.5i (sold) - '91 Alpine M52 (Sold) - '89 Alpine 325is (Sold)

Originally posted by 87e30
            I just want to dance with some beezies

Comment

Originally posted by AlpineE30M52 View Post
              Nice! I'm going to school for machining right now! I love it.
              Dude i love machining too, i was actually consider doing it as i had so much Fun in that class, it was a 3hr class but i almost didn't want it to end actually. i might look into going into that route if i decided against Mech Engineering. :pimp:

Comment

When it actually, fires, come talk to me.

But seriously, that is pretty cool. I agree though that it did take you a long time. I've had to do more complicated projects in just a day or two. I can appreciate the work that goes into something like this though.

Comment

it was my first year in the program and first time learning stuff like that, i had no experience at all Ha!

Thanks, Your Cannon Looks awesome!

Comment

Who said it was mine mine? My da.. er.. some crazy guy I don't know made it. It fires a 1" ball bearing (from what I hear, because this isn't ours of course. Things like that are illegal). ;)

That's a great first year project. The best/ most complicated thing I made in my first year was a plate with some holes in it. lol All the holes were accurately drilled to with +/- 0.003" though.

Comment

This was going to be my final project:

Completely designed from scratch by myself. Over 15 parts not including hardware. Never made it though, ran out of time, but I have 2D and 3D drawings for every part.

Oh, forgot to mention, the entire thing is less than 3 inches tall. 3/4" bore size.

Comment

Originally posted by NitroRustlerDriver View Post
                        Who said it was mine mine? My da.. er.. some crazy guy I don't know made it. It fires a 1" ball bearing (from what I hear, because this isn't ours of course. Things like that are illegal). ;)

That's a great first year project. The best/ most complicated thing I made in my first year was a plate with some holes in it. lol All the holes were accurately drilled to with +/- 0.003" though.
                        Haha i just thought it was yours For some Reason.

It would be cool to make it Fire, but hell "illegal" and espically in school. Drilling part was easy....What the instructer say is" touch it, and go in"...i usually do this handy as i was to scared to use the Self Leveler/adjuster thingy because i didn't want to mess it up.

What we found out the best to do after all...is just cut the piece equally at one time instead of doing different cuts eachtime. The best thing is when doing the Edged corners...it was really crazy, angle the Machine at a certain degree and go from there.

I just realized i miss that i miss class way to much. :???:

Comment

damn, our machine shop training consisted of a block with a hole in it, a hammer, and a ring. One of the machinists said it best, "the school teaches you enough to be dangerous in the shop."

you should see about getting a work study job in the machine shop. you'll get to help with projects for other professors and get to learn to make stuff for yourself. having access to the mills, lathes, and welders has been a life saver for a usually broke college student.

Comment

Hahahaha

Comment

the only thing I ever got to CNC was a pencil holder with my last name on it lol. Then again that was in high school. i cant wait to get back in to engineering!

Originally posted by ROLLingKING
                              i have a bronzit and plan on making it look sweet.
                              Originally posted by slammin.e28
                              Moral of this story?

If you drive your e30 on stairs, you're gonna have a bad time.

Comment

Originally posted by bimmer_E30 View Post

Machine tools class in my MEC program, since we just finished our first year of Mech Engineering, i don't know if i want to go back and finish it next year or switch to somthing else...

whatch think? :-P

maybe when i go back next year i will make some spacers and start a group buy
                                That is pretty cool.
                                I made one of those back in the day with sand castings. Was a pretty fun class.
                                She is a little worse for wear as she was built around 1990 and my 4yr old son now uses it for medieval wars.

Originally posted by codyep3
                                I hope to Christ you have looks going for you, because you sure as fuck don't have any intelligence.
                                2001 silver/Blk 325 cabby. SOLD
                                1988 Blk/Blk e30 factory wide body kit car SOLD
                                1992 DS/BLK 325 m-tech II apperance pack cabby SOLD!
                                2002 325xit Sil/blk. SOLD
                                2012 328i xdrive touring. Wht/blk. SOLD
                                2009 135 cabby. monacoblue/blk leather SOLD
                                2007 Z4m coupe. Silver grey/black/ aluminum. 1of50
                                2010 F650gs twin
                                2016 M235i cabby. Mineral grey/Red leather

Comment

Working...
                                X