Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My tattoo is finally done, 5 months in the making.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My tattoo is finally done, 5 months in the making.

Well, not too sure where to start.

I was walking through La Jolla and I found a cool little store where they sold home made Mexican style stuff for your house or garden. It was made out of very unique materials and honestly that store had some really cool stuff. I had been waiting for a few years to get another tattoo because I have a quote on the back of my neck, my initials on my ribs, and 1991 on my wrist... those were all just for fun, no... not reminders if I forgot, just for fun. I really wanted to wait until I found something awesome, and I finally saw it.

For some reason, these were perfect. My father passed away from Pix disease ( Alzheimer's ) in 2005, he was a huge part of my life and meant a lot to me. The single main sun would represent him, and the 3 other suns were my Mother, Brother and myself. I had gotten the biggest case of goosebumps I ever got in my whole life when I saw this. I was with my mom, told her the idea and she loved it. So that's where it started.

I took the design to Edgewater Tattoo on Garnet in Pacific Beach, told an artist named Chris my idea.

Came back about a week later, checked out the design and we started. The pain wasn't bad, but once we hit the top of the shoulder, and the inside of the arm... that's when I really started to hurt, but it was a good 4 hour session.

The stencils

First session was done, 2nd session was shading. We shaded all the roses and the suns and colored 3 of the roses. 6 hour session...

Came back about 2-3 weeks later, we did the inside rose and the top sun. 3-4 hour session...

Came out a little bit too much orange, in the end you'll see how we added brown to darken it a bit.

Here we go with the last session, coloring the rest of the suns and the background. 5-6 hour session...

Something wasn't right, so I went back for another session and got it touched up. 1 hour session... We added a ton of color on the top, back of the shoulder/armpit and around the elbow area.

$1900, about 20 hours or so.

It's not perfect, it's not exactly how I wanted it but, I'm pretty damn happy with the way it is. It's something that's with me every day, it's different and it's very vibrant. I really want to bring it down further in the future, maybe add some waves or something. Through these past 5 months, I've learned a lot, gone through lots of pain, loud needles, blood, sweat, and almost tears. In the end, it's all worth it.

Last edited by Suspence; 05-31-2010, 11:25 PM.

when i read the title, i thought it was going to be an e30 or something.sweet though.

Originally posted by stewie30luvr
    ooo cause i was fixing my chain tensioner and there was a black widow on the radiator so i killed it
    Originally posted by JakeP
    with a coathanger

Comment

good looking tat. very different and original.
      sigpic

Comment

I liked the progression of the iPhone throughout this process.

Looks sick, I don't think I could deal with a sleeve though.
        Flickr
        Originally posted by Indecline06
        For some reason, when I get super duper ultra stoned... The M30 motor reminds me of big bird from sesame street.

Comment

Yes your ever evolving iPhone intrigues me as well.

'89 Alpine S52 with goodies

Comment

Haha, thanks guys!

I need a new iPhone case, my CF one just broke last week :(.

Comment

Originally posted by yberther View Post
              I liked the progression of the iPhone throughout this process.

Looks sick, I don't think I could deal with a sleeve though.
              +1 you know it took a while when your phone cover changes 4 times ha ha

really nice work props to you and your artist.
              Live Fast. Drive Faster.

"Nitrous is like a hot girl with an STD... :)
              You wanna hit it, but your afraid of the consequences :(

Comment

Its not my style, but I like it! How much discretion did you give the artist? Did you walk in with a drawing and say "do this?" Or did you say "here's some snapshots of what I sort of want, go wild" sort of deal?

Comment

How old are you if you mind me asking?
                  Tat looks great, what did you want changed about it? Or what didn't you like as mentioned?

1991 325iS turbo

Comment

A tatoo that has that much meaning to someone is always great to me. I realy like those suns.
                    I want a tatoo but cant think of a good reason besides liking the way they look.

Comment

Wow the tattoo has come out so good.the concept of having that tattoo was very good.i haven't seen such design.
                      Cheap Car Parts

Comment

cool story bro? Thats a LOT of cash for a tatt from a no name

Comment

Originally posted by almostM View Post
                          cool story bro? Thats a LOT of cash for a tatt from a no name
                          Is it just me or is that a total douchebag comment?

This is a representation of his dead father. Don't be a waffleswaffleswaffleswaffles.

I hate tats, but that is one hell of a commitment to family. You should feel blessed to have such a connection. My family sucks ass, I don't talk to them. I also don't talk to my girls family...fuck all of them.

You may not feel it with Dad not being around to share with but you are a lucky man.

Luke

Closing SOON!
                          "LAST CHANCE FOR G.A.S." DEAL IS ON NOW

Luke AT germanaudiospecialties DOT com or text 425-761-6450, or for quickest answers, call me at the shop 360-669-0398

Thanks for 10 years of fun!

Comment

Shading looks nice!

Comment

Must have been quite painfull. For a long duration too...
                              Brake harder. Go faster. No shit.

massivebrakes.com

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Massiv...78417442267056

Comment

Working...
                              X