Being a Best Man

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Being a Best Man

So I'm the best man for my very good friend's wedding on Saturday. Any tips for the speech?

Problem: The bride does not like me and I do not like her
    Originally posted by LJ851
    I programmed my oven to turn off when my pizza was done, should i start a build thread?

Feedback

Give 'em the wolfpack speech from Hangover.
    sigpic
    Parts Wanted
    The Never-ending Resto Mod

Comment

the speech is less important of a duty, remember your job as best man is to bring the shovel to bury the dead hooker!
      Brian Jacobs

Comment

Originally posted by blocke View Post
        Give 'em the wolfpack speech from Hangover.

Comment

Originally posted by chadthestampede View Post
          So I'm the best man for my very good friend's wedding on Saturday. Any tips for the speech?

Problem: The bride does not like me and I do not like her
          First time I was a best man I was in the same situation, she was a waffleswaffleswaffleswaffles whore and I openly couldn't stand her. I skipped out on my speech to go get high, she was pretty livid. Found out about a year later she was cheating on him the entire time since they were wed but she had banned my buddy from talking to me long before then. Hope you have a good time!
          sigpic

Comment

good time to disarm her by wishing both of them well and meaning what you say. if the groom is your best bud, its time to bury the hatchet
            talk from your heart and don't worry what she's going to think about your speech
            great time to be the better person
            “There is nothing government can give you that it hasn’t taken from you in the first place”
            Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

Originally posted by gwb72tii View Post
              good time to disarm her by wishing both of them well and meaning what you say. if the groom is your best bud, its time to bury the hatchet
              talk from your heart and don't worry what she's going to think about your speech

These are words of wisdom.
              sigpic
              "The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter." - Winston Churchill

Comment

"First, I want (Groom's name) to put his hand on (Bride's name) hand. Now, just think for a moment... *pause* ...That is the last time (Groom's name) will have the upper hand in the relationship"

That is all I got.
                Originally posted by Teaguer
                Filling an Eta's tank with super unleaded will reach the cars maximum attainable performance level .

Aa a bonus filling the tank will also double any Eta's resale value .

Comment

Originally posted by teamdynasty43
                  Aye listen here ph fucking dick cheese mother fucker ...go back to touching your self or your fucking boyfriend because you're just some dumb mother fucker that has no fucking life than other to ridicule others because you have no fuckin life and low self esteem so you try to make your self feel better so you act all big!!!! Sooooo get the fuck out of here and shut your stupid little Whore mouth the fuck up and just leave!

Comment

I enjoyed being a best man. But it was really small wedding and all the girls were up-tight church chicks. But.....you should be getting laid that night. It'll be easy...

1.) don't forget the ring. Check for it every 10 seconds.
                    2.) you buddy will get cold feet 10 mins before. Just talk him down. Once the day starts, that ship will have sailed.
                    3.) Once the first family group dance is done, so are you....
                    4.) ...so you're the best man. You can get as drunk as you want. It's almost expected.
                    Originally posted by Matt-B
                    hey does anyone know anyone who gets upset and makes electronics?

Comment

The guy asked you to be his best man, don't fucking duck out on the speech no matter how much you hate the bride. Be a fucking man and man up, if you've known him for awhile it won't be that hard to come up with something to say. You are not the only person who can make a decision, he has made one of his own and you need to respect it as his friend. If later it turns out she was no good, better you respected his decision and stood by him as a friend than rub it in his face with an "I told you so."

I may be a beer or three under at this point, so sorry for the novel.
                      Last edited by Wh33lhop; 06-18-2010, 01:08 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by pureaudio View Post
                        First time I was a best man I was in the same situation, she was a waffleswaffleswaffleswaffles whore and I openly couldn't stand her. I skipped out on my speech to go get high, she was pretty livid. Found out about a year later she was cheating on him the entire time since they were wed but she had banned my buddy from talking to me long before then. Hope you have a good time!
                        I have a feeling this is exactly what is going to happen to him, but-

Originally posted by gwb72tii View Post
                        -this is more or less what I plan on doing.

Originally posted by Wh33lhop View Post
                        The guy asked you to be his best man, don't fucking duck out on the speech no matter how much you hate the bride. Be a fucking man and man up, if you've known him for awhile it won't be that hard to come up with something to say. You are not the only person who can make a decision, he has made one of his own and you need to respect it as his friend. If later it turns out she was no good, better you respected his decision and stood by him as a friend than rub it in his face with an "I told you so."

I may be a beer or three under at this point, so sorry for the novel.

I never planned on ducking out of the speech, to be honest. I've never liked her, but I've always been polite and cordial to her, while she's been nothing of the sort to me. I'm going to say my piece, wish them well, and then get hammered like gg says.

Everything I've read says to say something about the bride in your speech, but I fear anything I say she'll take as sarcasm, so I might just focus on the groom and then give them a blessing as a couple.
                        Originally posted by LJ851
                        I programmed my oven to turn off when my pizza was done, should i start a build thread?

Feedback

Comment

Do your best for your friend and look for escape routes if he changes his mind.

Comment

My only experience as best man was at my brother's wedding. My girlfriend wrote the speech. Ended in a miserable divorce. I have no advice.

Comment

Originally posted by george graves View Post
                              I enjoyed being a best man. But it was really small wedding and all the girls were up-tight church chicks. But.....you should be getting laid that night. It'll be easy...

1.) don't forget the ring. Check for it every 10 seconds.
                              2.) you buddy will get cold feet 10 mins before. Just talk him down. Once the day starts, that ship will have sailed.
                              3.) Once the first family group dance is done, so are you....
                              4.) ...so you're the best man. You can get as drunk as you want. It's almost expected.
                              Every list has 5 and I think you got #2 wrong.

5.) Ask him one time and make it clear. If he wants a way out, you have a car.
                              Project Thread | Instagram | Phoenix, Arizona Events Thread

Comment

Working...
                              X