Almost died...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by blunt View Post
    dont worry you have an audience of 17 yo's that will buy that shit.
    Ive been driving longer than youve been alive . Im not saying im a better driver than you because who knows. Im just saying ive been in enough situations like that where if you tried to be a real live ken block in a real life emergency situation youd be in the grille of a le sabre.
    you have a better chance of convincing me danny likes females than this story
    So how old are you? I am glad I did what I did, it was that or t-bone the moron that was doing a u-turn.

I did not post to convince anyone.
    ~ Puch Cafe. ~ Do business? feedback ~ Check out my leather company ~

Instagram: @BWeissLeather

Current cars:
    ~ '87 325 M30B35 swap
    ~ '87 535
    ~ 01 540 Msport 6spd
    ~ '06 X5 4.8is

Comment

Originally posted by Raxe View Post
      Something is wrong with your story.

Why can a Hyundai, presumably doing 45-50 mph like everyone else, slow down enough to make a 180 degree U-turn but you can't slow down enough in a modified BMW E30 to safely avoid hitting him?

You need to either:

a) Slow the fuck down, you're going way too fast if you can't outstop a Hyundai.

b) Pay attention to what is going on around you and look ahead.

c) Spend less time "drifting" in mall parking lots and learn how to threshhold brake.

d) find a girlfriend and stop trying to make yourself look cool on the internet by making up or exaggerating stories.
      Check my feedback HERE

Comment

Originally posted by EndreM View Post
        Fixed:

You admit to driving to fast, and your car wont fit sideways between the truck and the other guy in your drawing.
        Maybe you mean that you drove on two wheels? I saw that on youtube once. Makes me believe that I could do it in a stressful situation.
        You are a moron, when you do a u-turn to cut it wide leaving me room. And the driver of the truck moved over around 2 feet.

It is a diagram on paint, and you are comparing that to a real road? You are a fucking tard.

I made it just to show the path I took and give an idea of what happened.

5 over the speed limit is not fast.

Current cars:
        ~ '87 325 M30B35 swap
        ~ '87 535
        ~ 01 540 Msport 6spd
        ~ '06 X5 4.8is

Comment

Regarding post #47

I did slow down, to around 30. I don't think he checked his rear mirror.

I saw the hit coming and knew I could not slow down enough and I was not about to t-bone him and cause a HUGE mess. I did what I thought was best.

I have never been in a car crash, I do that by watching others and seeing what they are doing. This guy was on drugs or something. He just slowed down super fast like he missed something and decided that was the best option. No blinker just brake and a fast turn.

I am a very safe driver and love my BMWs to death. So why would I drive like an idiot and tailgate? I stay two cars behind everyone.
          Last edited by F34R; 07-11-2010, 04:08 PM.

Current cars:
          ~ '87 325 M30B35 swap
          ~ '87 535
          ~ 01 540 Msport 6spd
          ~ '06 X5 4.8is

Comment

Check my feedback HERE

Comment

Originally posted by b*saint View Post
              Considering we dont know how fast on coming traffic was it could've been equal to a 80 mph hit. That will kill you. And Im pretty sure without a seatbelt you could die in a 40 mph collision. You dont actually know how fast 40 mph is until you've hit something that will absorb all your kinetic or transfer more energy into your vehicle.
              go watch the mythbusters episode on that. its not equal to an 80 mph hit because you are doubling mass. newton's third law. good try tho. don't worry, they were suprised too.

btw, sorry to quote a waaay earlier reply
              Originally posted by george graves

Are you kidding me? That nerd doesn't even know how his dick works, let alone a car.

Comment

Couldn't you have just passed on the right?

Comment

Originally posted by Farbin Kaiber View Post
                  Couldn't you have just passed on the right?
                  And miss an opportunity to tell r3v about life saving drift skillz? Yeah right dawg.

1987 PRO-3 car /1990 325is (2.7i Concours)

Comment

Originally posted by TheEtaUnderdog View Post
                    go watch the mythbusters episode on that. its not equal to an 80 mph hit because you are doubling mass. newton's third law. good try tho. don't worry, they were suprised too.

Thanks for sharing that, really interesting!

>> 1988 3.1 ITB E30 /// 2002 E46 M3 6MT / 2008 335xi 6MT / 1991 S38B36 E30 (sold)

Comment

However, if the e30 had hit the truck while they were both going 40 in opposite directions the impact would be greater (for the e30) than a head-on collision with another small car due to the difference in weight.

Originally posted by Farbin Kaiber
                      You are lucky your Dad didn't pull out and leave you on the passenger side seat.

Comment

Damn, I though thought the speeds were added together too, that's cool.

Comment

EXACTLY what i thought of when i read his post.
                          www.tylercoey.com - www.donewhenimdead.com

E36/8 ///M coupe - E36 ///M3 sedan - E30 ///M powered

Comment

Originally posted by E30 F34R View Post
                            So on the way back from exchanging the TV for the LCD I was cut off...

The MORON in front of me decided to make a U-turn on a two way road, while a Hemi sized truck is coming our way. He sweeps to the right to start his U and cuts me off. I hit the brakes bring it from 47-50 down to around 40 then slam into second and pop the e-brake and no kidding NFS drift in the middle of both cars. I WAS SCARED SHIT LESS! It was SO DAMN CLOSE, I thought I scraped paint on the truck.

Blah blah blah no one cares
                            Originally posted by E30 F34R View Post
                            Regarding post #47

I did slow down, to around 30.

I am a very safe driver and love my BMWs to death. So why would I drive like an idiot and tailgate? I stay two cars behind everyone.
                            As stated before, the Hyundai must have been going slow enough to think that they could pull off a U-Turn how the fuck could you not see this guy go from 50 down to 15?

I think if you scraped paint with the truck then you would have spun.

Take your knowledge from the Plot and go to a track. Instructors know more than us.

Comment

three second rule. From now on give yourself some room.
                              -Jay

2014 NASA FL se30 champ #81
                              2001 se46 3 year plan in progress

Comment

This thread delivers!

I had the same situation happen to me today... except I just hit my brakes. A car on the right side of me cuts across my lane and the 2 opposing lanes to pull a u-turn. Completely oblivious driver. I, unfortunately, didn't drift out of harms way, but I would have if I knew I could generate a thread like this!
                                Estoril E36 M3/4/5 | Toledo E53 X5 3.0 | LeMans E90 335D M-Sport

Comment

Working...
                                X