i think he means he doesn't have one... yet
    Oh. :bow:

Comment

jk, just making a joke

Comment

I'm really slow today. :loco:

Comment

Originally posted by gearheadE30 View Post
          Is it just me, or do people look kinda silly in a jacket, helmet, glove, then jeans, white socks, and tennis shoes?

I've seen what happens to people when they low side a bike at 20mph in jeans, and even if the denim holds up you still regret it for a few days.

Here's me, caught on my lovely security camera:
          Attached Files

Ich gehöre nicht zur Baader-Meinhof Gruppe

Originally posted by Top Gear
          Just imagine waking up and remembering you're Mexican.

Every time you buy a car with DSC/ESC, Jesus kills a baby seal. With a kitten.

Comment

Jeans....meh. No boots, ohfuckno. A little bit of a road rash later and you'll realize the benefits of riding pants. A foot twisted and torn in every other direction which needs a half dozen surgeries to reattach to make it semi-functional? I'll pass!

Comment

I saw someone heading to class today on a bike, in a polo shirt, what must have been dockers, jeans, and a backpack, and I Kringed. That's cringe with a capital K. I find I hit a lot less false(?) neutrals when shifting through second when I wear boots over sneakers, it's uncomfortable to shift without some reinforcement there.

How do people (*cough* floridians *cough*) upshift in flip flops? I think I'd cry.

Ich gehöre nicht zur Baader-Meinhof Gruppe

Originally posted by Top Gear
              Just imagine waking up and remembering you're Mexican.

Every time you buy a car with DSC/ESC, Jesus kills a baby seal. With a kitten.

Comment

I had a lowside on my DRZ400 going about 10 to 15 mph (tried to play supermoto
                in the rain - succeeded before, but not this time). Full gear - no injuries, and almost
                no bike damage. My foot was a little sore, and my hip mildly bruised (even with the
                hip padding).

I would probably not have been able to continue on to work if I'd been in jeans.
                I don't always wear all of the gear, but was lucky this time - but OTOH, I would
                not have taken the risks I did if I hadn't been geared up.

Ultimately, it's up to each rider to decide what risk they want to take.
                I encourage you to be smart, but sometimes I accept the risk of less
                than full gear.

Comment

My new hog.

1980 KZ440. Great little bike.

Comment

HO9LY FUCKING SHIT FUCKS, that is nice. i love you. bar end mirrors, drum brakes(ehh), cafe racers... (fapfapfap)

and squids... yeah, retards the lot of em. though i shouldnt talk because i wear jeans sometimes

Comment

Wow, that is nice. Is it single cylinder?
                      Where does the exhaust end (does it spray your feet on the rearsets?)

That's the kind of thing I'd do if I replace what I have now w/ something inexpensive.

I had a KH400 when I was about 18... it was fun to ride.
                      People kept telling me it was fast, but I was so used to it, and it
                      wasn't wheelie prone like my friend's RD350.

Maybe I should just get a Ninja 250 or 500.

Comment

Thanks! Nope it is a 2 cylinder. Exhaust is a homebrew 2-1, with a megaphone cone on the end. Dumps just past the rearsets. You can see the tail end of the cone in the first pic, between the upper chain and the swing arm.

Here is a pic of that side of the bike.

Will probably be picking up a '76 KZ440 here soon. Is a runner, $200, and has the disk brake setup on it. Will either build it too, or use it as parts.

Comment

It's fun to fix other people's junk & rejects.

I would like to do a 2-stroke, just because they are getting rare.
                          I'd love to do a V-4 2 stroke.

Comment

Originally posted by u3b3rg33k View Post
                            Is it just me, or do people look kinda silly in a jacket, helmet, glove, then jeans, white socks, and tennis shoes?

I've seen what happens to people when they low side a bike at 20mph in jeans, and even if the denim holds up you still regret it for a few days.
                            I've been looking at boots. Any particular recommendations? I honestly never really thought about it until someone mentioned it to me the other day.

The jeans are some of those Kevlar-reinforced ones, but now that I'm wearing "nice" pants to work every day I have proper riding pants.

Project M42 Turbo

Comment

im trying to pick up an honda cbr600 f3 for less than 2k. then, time to customize

Comment

this is a 82 bmw R65, now sitting in my garage waiting on insurance and titling.

now need to order a helmet and some gear.

Comment

Working...
                                X