The r3v motorcycle thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RGCintha29073 View Post
    What stopped me was the $450/month insurance. Do you pay anything like that?
    I was expecting high rates and started initially with Progressive (who I'd heard from lots of guys were the cheapest for supersports). They were $340/month. They did some shady stuff with the price without being able to explain the change about a month in, so I price shopped a bit. I've got State Farm now and full coverage is $115/month (with a lower deductible than before). I'm fine with that. Progressive definitely did a few things that were out of line, so I'm glad to get away from that.

Comment

Originally posted by Cronopoulos View Post
      I am looking for an older cb750 for my next project.... Any of you have recommendations for better years ( i like the older ones much better if that helps ).

Interested in a little cafe 'style' with this one..
      This here. Same question, but I've got a line on an '82 Nighthawk. Anything to be known about them?
      1974.5 Jensen Healey : 2003 330i/5

Comment

Originally posted by rThor432 View Post
        I was expecting high rates and started initially with Progressive (who I'd heard from lots of guys were the cheapest for supersports). They were $340/month. They did some shady stuff with the price without being able to explain the change about a month in, so I price shopped a bit. I've got State Farm now and full coverage is $115/month (with a lower deductible than before). I'm fine with that. Progressive definitely did a few things that were out of line, so I'm glad to get away from that.
        Nice. Didnt call them but i have Progressive now on the Suzuki, it was indeed the cheapest. When the summer comes around i will call them and ask.
        sigpic

Comment

I'll add mine to this thread:

'12 HYM796

Termi Race 2-1 exhaust/intake/ecu on the way! :)

Comment

Looking at picking this up. 2001 gsxr 1000 with 12, xxx miles. The guy is asking $4400. Which I know is high but Its so hard to find this bike in such nice unmolsted condition.The color osnt my favorite but I can get over that. So tell me r3v, should I pull the trigger?

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2
            Attached Files

Comment

I would wait. It may take a while to find the right one but, I think it would be worth it in the end.

Comment

This is the right one its just overpriced.

Comment

The painted fairing fasteners are gay.

Comment

I like bavarian engineering, as you can see.

'90 K75S (just sold) and '78 R80/7 with 7,000 original miles, I'm the second owner.

Comment

Mullets are gay! If I get it all the shit thats painted yellow is getting repainted

Comment

Originally posted by homegrone30 View Post
                        Looking at picking this up. 2001 gsxr 1000 with 12, xxx miles. The guy is asking $4400. Which I know is high but Its so hard to find this bike in such nice unmolsted condition.The color osnt my favorite but I can get over that. So tell me r3v, should I pull the trigger?

Unmolested? I think you mean "not dropped"
                        Plenty of molesting here

Comment

Unmolested as in no candy paint, no chrome everything, no extended swing arm or any other stupid shit. All that it has had put on it is a slip on. And the little bit of yellow accessories.

Comment

Oh and no never dropped. The guy says its never even seen a drop of rain.

Comment

hears a few from Moto GP 2012 at laguna seca.

Last edited by !kid; 09-09-2014, 01:02 AM.
                              :borg:

Comment

I've been looking into bikes. I've looked into the Ducati monster but also have seen some triumphs that seem to be in the price range. It would be a first bike. What are thoughts on a triumph Daytona 675? One I'm looking into is an 08.

I was looking at 600 and honestly that would be enough. I was told by a guy at work that I'd get bored with a 600 and he suggested a 750 since I weigh more than 200lbs.

Comment

Working...
                                X