No announcement yet.

The r3v motorcycle thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The new yz250x would be perfect, but you could build a budget version with wr426 trans gears. Ive seen guys add a 300 kit on top of that for desert, would be wicked.

Comment

Originally posted by TroyShark View Post
      DEV0 E30

I never heard of bikeexif until now, so thank you
      You're welcome and I'm sorry, that website can consume you! haha

------

Taco - Awesome build! I'm thinking once I sell the E30, I want two cheap bikes now. Something to commute on and something that can be strapped to the back of my truck for dual-sport use. Hmm.

Downz - Any progress on that thing with the things?
      Project Thread | Instagram | Phoenix, Arizona Events Thread

Comment

Originally posted by TheTacoMan View Post
        The new yz250x would be perfect, but you could build a budget version with wr426 trans gears. Ive seen guys add a 300 kit on top of that for desert, would be wicked.
        Id like to get some kind of Yamaha, but I've been eyeing the KTMs as of late, bigger displacement and already setup with lights, and my god are they sexy when done right

Comment

hearing that KTMs are maintenance heavy, needing to adjust valves more often,...and such.
          1990 325is
          m52b28
          3.73lsd
          g260 (1987 325is 5spd tranny)

Comment

I would love a KTM, I don't think they are really any more maintenance than a WR or crfx. I really wouldnt mind electric start.

Comment

Originally posted by TeXJ View Post
              hearing that KTMs are maintenance heavy, needing to adjust valves more often,...and such.
              no valves on a two stroke :devil:

aside from the power valves, but if they are anything like the YZ and CR motors they dont adjust if i recall correctly, been a while since I've torn one apart

Comment

Originally posted by Downz View Post
                no valves on a two stroke :devil:

aside from the power valves, but if they are anything like the YZ and CR motors they dont adjust if i recall correctly, been a while since I've torn one apart
                HAHA touche'

Just what i've heard. I do know that parts seem to be really expensive for KTMs. From the posts on Midwest Motard, facebook group, i've seen people say this.

I do like the KTMs they seem to be a better option though the new WR seems to have a boost in HP. Saw a video of a new one racing like a 2012 one and the new one smoked the older one. Gardensnake video.
                1990 325is
                m52b28
                3.73lsd

Comment

Got to ride this at work today.

Really cool little bike, super torquey, too quiet for my taste, everyone stares at you.

Comment

what is it?
                    1990 325is
                    m52b28
                    3.73lsd

Comment

ducati scrambler

Comment

pretty cool bike. Air cooled? if so how does it do in traffic?
                        1990 325is
                        m52b28
                        3.73lsd

Comment

Just registered for this, stoked! Not sure what bike I'll have at the time, may buy a lil puch moped or something and do a quick cafe to it so i have something vintage to roll around on

Sunday, May 21st, 2023. Classic & vintage style motorcycles unite for men's health. Register today.

Comment

Originally posted by TeXJ View Post
                            pretty cool bike. Air cooled? if so how does it do in traffic?
                            Air cooled yea, really nimble great little city bike. Pretty quick, this one had brembos on it so it really stopped.

Comment

Air cooled yea, really nimble great little city bike. Pretty quick, this one had brembos on it so it really stopped.
                              seems like a pretty cool bike. Watched some youtube vids of it.
                              1990 325is
                              m52b28
                              3.73lsd

Comment

Really cool little bike, super torquey, too quiet for my taste, everyone stares at you.
                                I hate quiet bikes. IMO They are often ignored/unnoticed in traffic leading to accidents with cars.

I enjoy setting off car alarms in my neighborhood on my morning commute at 6:30. I dont' think I'll ever go inline after getting used to a v-twin.
                                If it's got tits or tires, it's gonna cost ya!

Comment

Working...
                                X