So I got arrested last night
Collapse
X
-
Well, I have been looking into a few things and Courts in your area have been all over the verbal threat to a peace officer stuff. The key to your denfense is going to be that you stated to an unknown stranger ( later identified to be Detective Mounty) to get the fuck out when you witnessed him and him alone in your room. As soon as you identified the other officers and the UC you provided no resistance and cooperated with all lawfull comands given. If that is the case you will be ok. -
There is a lock and chain bar on the door but it wasn't locked, the UC didn't have a visible badge until he pulled it out of his pocket and showed it, and yes I told him to get the fuck out.Leave a comment:
-
Damn, that sucks. Glad I'm in the US, though it can still suck in other circumstances here.Leave a comment:
-
Lock on Door?
Was the UC in any way identifiable badge anywhere in plain sight?
Did you tell he to get the fuck out?Leave a comment:
-
Once he identified himself I accepted him as what he was, I still told him and the other uniformed officers to get out though. I just can't fathom how yelling at them and telling them to leave constitutes assault.
I'm 24 btw not that young really.Leave a comment:
-
Protip:
If a cop walks all over you when your younger, he will have his way, or fuck you harder.Leave a comment:
-
Was there a lock on the door to your apt. down stairs. Was the door closed and locked? It is standard protocal to do what in the states is referred to as a cursory sweep of the residence on a dropped 911 call. They walk through every door and in every room. If yours was no different than any other door and not posted or locked you are screwed. They do this sweep to insure that no one is hurt or being held hostage in the residence. The shitty thing is that as long as whomever answered the front door said that they could enter then they where legaly in the residence and in your part as well. Did the pain clothes officer have a badge displayed on his belt or around his neck?Leave a comment:
-
Fuck little brother I have one witness that also saw it. There was one plainclothes at the bottom of the stairs, that's who I saw first. Then once I was down stairs there were 2 other uniforms. I fucking should have stayed in Calgary this weekend.
But yeah no warrant, no permission from me to go downstairs into my place of residence, and the door to the downstairs was not open for them to go in either.Leave a comment:
-
Dude thats fuuuckked up right there........Hahaha...fuck thats a bitch.
Was it just you that confronted the cops? Your word vs theirs? Bad position to be in, especially if your intoxicated.
Get phone records - Prove there was no 911 call!!, Get a lawyer, Get statements from the people that were at the house, You have people that'll testify to your being a good citizen, No record of violent crimes, so on...
Like shit; You were drunk in your own home, you come downstairs and see some people you don't know snooping around, you get reasonably agitated, the guy doesn't ID himself, then wtf they arrest you?, nah that isn't right.
If cops are showing up to a dropped 911 call they should be showing up in uniform, showing their badges etc, not sneaking inside you place. You should be able to get off that bogus charge. Fuck look what happened to Dan, he should be in jail but he got off cause they entered his house w/o a warrant.
I fucking hate small people sooo much. They all like to get into positions of power so they can be dicks too, fucking twats.
Best of luck with this man,
And wtf I thought you were going to a concert this weekend?Leave a comment:
-
I keep feeling the need to pinch myself because I must be dreaming this is just so fucking unbelievable.Leave a comment:
-
If they entered without a warrant with no probable cause that throws out any evidence found inside the house, including your assault. I think.Leave a comment:
-
Thanks Lee that will be the first step. I'll be getting phone records ASAP. Legally how does it work if they entered under false pretenses, what does that do for my situation?Leave a comment:
-
Adrian. You were porbably part of a routine inspection. My suggestion is to have witnesses that can testify that the cop told you they came in because they received a 911 call. Then have the cop show up with the evidence. Start from that.Leave a comment:
-
No not at all but I do live in the 'hood and there are lots around me who do. This whole situation stinks of cops gaining entry to find a grow op to me. Only problem is I don't grow weed or even fucking smoke it.Leave a comment:

Leave a comment: