So I got arrested last night

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • BMW_TUNER
    replied
    I was kidding About the letter thing. I have dealt with cases where a defendant has mailed himself a letter. I never have problem with that because it is entered into the record as a written statement by the defendant. In other words it is only as reputable as the person whom sent it.

    Go to court take a plea which will likely be Something like mischief.

    Leave a comment:


  • accident
    replied
    r3v is off their game.

    ahem.

    cool story, bro.

    Leave a comment:


  • ortholithiation
    replied
    lots of plain clothed police in BC.

    Lots of drugs or drug dealers at your house? Sounds like they were looking for something/someone in particular.

    You do drive an e30.

    Leave a comment:


  • george graves
    replied
    Originally posted by E30Idea
    Ouch, my bad.
    All good.

    Leave a comment:


  • Gerta
    replied
    Honestly I think any competent lawyer / barrister in any country with a legal system would have no trouble having a letter you sent yourself thrown out. There are plenty of very legal ways to "inquire" about a 911 call. Cell records / phone records are 3rd party and automated which would hold up in court. Just my .02 cents.

    Leave a comment:


  • E30Idea
    replied
    Originally posted by george graves
    a.) EAD. I was asking. Nothing wrong with that. Drop the 'tude.
    b.) let us know the answer when you cover it in class, cause it sounds like you too don't know 100% for sure either.

    Ouch, my bad. I was just joshing you. Sorry man. I thought the sarcasm smiley would be enough...... I was wrong.

    FWIW, it is considered a legal document in the US once it had been processed, but I am not sure in Canada.

    Leave a comment:


  • george graves
    replied
    a.) EAD. I was asking. Nothing wrong with that. Drop the 'tude.
    b.) let us know the answer when you cover it in class, cause it sounds like you too don't know 100% for sure either.

    Leave a comment:


  • E30Idea
    replied
    Originally posted by george graves
    I think this is a long running myth. Anyone?
    Yea, it probably is. What does anyone but the rev OG's know. Fuck studying to pass the bar, I wasted all that money on college for nothing.......

    Leave a comment:


  • joshh
    replied
    That's a fucked up situation. Should have offered them a drink.


    Sounds like they wanted a reason to arrest someone.

    Leave a comment:


  • Leaf
    replied
    risky part on the officers. they were lucky they didnt get gang beaten by everyone there since they had nothing to show them as a police officer.

    Leave a comment:


  • emoshun
    replied
    Originally posted by BMW_TUNER
    You can not send a letter to yoursel in Canada because that is a crime as well.
    WTF?

    Leave a comment:


  • BMW_TUNER
    replied
    You can not send a letter to yoursel in Canada because that is a crime as well.

    Leave a comment:


  • blunttech
    replied
    Originally posted by george graves
    I think this is a long running myth. Anyone?
    dont think so. i heard the same thing on the internet

    Leave a comment:


  • george graves
    replied
    Originally posted by E30Idea
    write a letter to yourself with all the informaiton you can think of. Put it in the mail so it goes through the postal system. Than, when you receive it..... DONT OPEN IT!!!!!!!! It is now a legal document and if still sealed you can enter it as evidence.
    I think this is a long running myth. Anyone?

    Leave a comment:


  • E30Idea
    replied
    Originally posted by Farbin Kaiber
    You should have asked for proof of dropped call.
    Still need this proof. It will be helpfull, unless it really happened. Thank your really fucked.

    Originally posted by HarryPotter
    dude they don't need a warrant to walk in your house if a door is open they can walk in.. dumbass move on your part.
    Very true.

    Originally posted by Pudmunkie
    You should probably get a lawyer.
    As fast as possible. Than write a letter to yourself with all the informaiton you can think of. Put it in the mail so it goes through the postal system. Than, when you receive it..... DONT OPEN IT!!!!!!!! It is now a legal document and if still sealed you can enter it as evidence.

    Good luck. You are going to need it.

    Leave a comment:

Working...