I just realized Washington is hella close.

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • mrsleeve
    replied
    Originally posted by techterr
    The sad part is those (special ones) now have MBA's and are making rules that govern your life and what we do at work... even though they couldn't do the job, they love telling you how to do it.... Place is going to hell in a hurry...
    I have those same issues with the Special ones that are now Book learned Engineers, I just want to throttle some of them, as they can make my job much much harder than it needs to be. And then think cuz they have 4 hour basic interpenetration class they think they can tell me I am wrong and dont know what I am looking at.

    Leave a comment:


  • techterr
    replied
    Originally posted by nando
    it's the whole "it's okay to be dumb because you're special" attitude towards kids that started in the late 80's. you don't have to do anything other than show up and be "unique". Competition? that's bad!
    The sad part is those (special ones) now have MBA's and are making rules that govern your life and what we do at work... even though they couldn't do the job, they love telling you how to do it.... Place is going to hell in a hurry...

    Leave a comment:


  • ck_taft325is
    replied
    Originally posted by nando
    it's the whole "it's okay to be dumb because you're special" attitude towards kids that started in the late 80's. you don't have to do anything other than show up and be "unique". Competition? that's bad!

    we got a flyer from daycare that said we shouldn't allow our children to play "monsters" or competitive games because it leads to violence. Seriously? He's fucking 1 years old. If he wants to go "rawrrr" I'm going to let him.. lol

    Damn straight. I taught my boy how to "rawrrr" before he was 1.

    Leave a comment:


  • nando
    replied
    it's the whole "it's okay to be dumb because you're special" attitude towards kids that started in the late 80's. you don't have to do anything other than show up and be "unique". Competition? that's bad!

    we got a flyer from daycare that said we shouldn't allow our children to play "monsters" or competitive games because it leads to violence. Seriously? He's fucking 1 years old. If he wants to go "rawrrr" I'm going to let him.. lol

    Leave a comment:


  • blunttech
    replied
    Originally posted by mamzak
    I love how absolutely classic this example is of American attitude. Not only do they not give a shit about where any other countries are, they can't even find a state in their OWN country.
    Its worse than you think. It speaks volumes for the education system.
    I had a guy from California ask me if i ever went to the "big race" when i told him i was from Minneapolis. When I explained that was "indianapolis" He asked where Minneapolis was

    Leave a comment:


  • nando
    replied
    Originally posted by 5Toes
    Quoted for ridiculous number of forresters
    seriously. I even own a Subaru now. It's so easy to blend in!

    Leave a comment:


  • Restoman
    replied
    This is R3V right? This kid managed to go pretty far before having his balls busted.

    Leave a comment:


  • dnova89
    replied
    I don't get why people are so amazed I don't know where Washington is lol. I know it's pretty bad, but it's not uncommon, a lot of people are as ignorant as me. I'm not saying it's right, but it shouldn't be your first time hearing something like this.

    Yes, I'm agreeing I'm pretty ignorant when it comes to these things, and I agree it should be common knowledge, but I'm saying it shouldn't be a shock to you, if you're so amazed that I don't know where Washington is I should be equally amazed you don't know anything about the knowledge of the average american, it's a serious and pretty big problem, not aware of it? I guess I could call you ignorant too. :P

    Anyway, I'm gonna try to educate myself a little better from now on.

    Leave a comment:


  • techterr
    replied
    Originally posted by mamzak
    I love how absolutely classic this example is of American attitude. Not only do they not give a shit about where any other countries are, they can't even find a state in their OWN country.
    And all the Canucks are perfect???? When we go skiing up at red mountain there is always some drunk canuck who starts calling us Yanks.... But most of the people are pretty cool... great beer too.. And whats up with stopping us at the border??? I mean really, who would want to sneak into Canuck land???:)

    Leave a comment:


  • 5Toes
    replied
    Originally posted by jasonsnoddy
    There's not much to see up here unless you like rain and subarus
    Quoted for ridiculous number of forresters

    Leave a comment:


  • kishg
    replied
    Originally posted by mrsleeve

    Yeah had some work to do in a Tank farm in Newark and the Guido running the guard shack/ Security Check in thing. So I could get in and go get done what I needed to do, you have to give them your DL and what not so they can log you in and out. Well the 2 fucking Guido tards didnt believe that MT is a State and all wanted all kinds of other shit for ID.


    typical.. either they really were that stupid (very likely) or they wanted to stop you working there because they probably have some mob buddy of theirs to sit around and collect money pretending to do work.

    Leave a comment:


  • kishg
    replied
    OP, I can't believe you thought Washington was in the middle of the country. Especially considering where you live. What the hell do they teach in schools these days?

    Illegal to pump gas in NJ too but I always pump my own since I don't trust the min wage attendants to not spill gas on my car. Even if its bitterly cold, I'll do it. You just need to go to a station that knows you so they won't complain about it.

    Leave a comment:


  • mamzak
    replied
    Originally posted by mrsleeve
    Try explaining to a couple of guidos in Dirty Jersey that Montana is a FUCKING STATE in the US, and I dont need a Green card or other documentation to work in this country.

    Yeah had some work to do in a Tank farm in Newark and the Guido running the guard shack/ Security Check in thing. So I could get in and go get done what I needed to do, you have to give them your DL and what not so they can log you in and out. Well the 2 fucking Guido tards didnt believe that MT is a State and all wanted all kinds of other shit for ID.

    It seriously blows my mind everytime I go down to the states. You hear about the stereotypical american belief that all Canadians live in igloos and blah blah blah. They literally believe it. I was talking to a guy once in Georgia and said I was from Alberta. He was like "oh, never heard of it." NEVER HEARD OF IT? It's pretty much the same size or bigger than Texas. Like...seriously, what is going on down there? It's like the world just ends at the state border for most Americans. There's a Canadian reporter Rick Mercer, and he always used to do these segments called "talking to Americans." Youtube it.

    "Canada, please move to the 24 hour clock"
    "congratulations Canada on preserving your national igloo!"

    Last edited by mamzak; 11-16-2010, 08:24 PM.

    Leave a comment:


  • DarkWing6
    replied
    Originally posted by Rennsport
    Fire hazard, environmental hazards, property damage, unemployment etc. Lots of things can happen at gas stations. Only in OR and NJ though.

    Leave a comment:


  • mrsleeve
    replied
    Originally posted by mamzak
    I love how absolutely classic this example is of American attitude. Not only do they not give a shit about where any other countries are, they can't even find a state in their OWN country.
    Try explaining to a couple of guidos in Dirty Jersey that Montana is a FUCKING STATE in the US, and I dont need a Green card or other documentation to work in this country.

    Yeah had some work to do in a Tank farm in Newark and the Guido running the guard shack/ Security Check in thing. So I could get in and go get done what I needed to do, you have to give them your DL and what not so they can log you in and out. Well the 2 fucking Guido tards didnt believe that MT is a State and all wanted all kinds of other shit for ID.

    Leave a comment:

Working...