No announcement yet.

Does anybody race karts here?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cool man, I just got my kart January or Febuary 04. Ive been involved with racing since I was a kid because my dad used to kart, then got into cars. Feel free to IM me any time on AIM with questions.

Comment

i just got a tag with the same engine you have. Its not quite ready though. I will probably pick it up this week and put the computer thing on. Its gunna have 2 tremp senders with warning lights speedo rev lights and gauge and lap/sector timming. Then i will hopfully break it in and hit the track this weekend

Comment

Sweet man, sounds like the MC3 Gold, I wanted one of those but most of the features arent that critical, I just needed the basics. What temperatures will you be running, EGT and Water temp? I havent been following it lately but I dont know the legality of an EGT sensor tapped into the header. At one time that was illegal because that was a 'modification' to the exhaust :roll:! Have you had a kart before this or is it your first one? If it is you'll have a blast, more than enough power for a newbie.

Comment

Yep - I have a KT100-powered Trackmagic, which currently has a stripped head bolt. I got it in December, and I STILL haven't been able to get it out on track (I've been busy lately). Hopefully, I'll be able to take it out once summer arrives. I'm not sure if I really want to deal with this KT100, though... I'm considering fixing it, and then selling it to buy a Rotax.

Comment

Yeah, I dont know how it is in your area but there really isnt a whole lot of KT 100 competitors out here anymore. Everything has gone to TAG. I may own a CRG but have a soft spot for trackmagics, I work for ESPN Russell Racing Schools, on the hill in the kart garage and work on the school karts. What are they? None other than like 50 trackmagics :)
            This is a very old picture, from probably just over a year ago. The shop has changed quite a bit since then, but thats still the number of karts we've got
            :shock:
            Parilla Leopards/BM Jag's, BM Puma's on full size and cadet karts, and 125 moto's...........

Comment

i have been looking into carts for a year now. i still cant deside if i want an old school lowrider or a go kart or a classic motorcycle. hummm, this post isnt making it any easier to pick.

Comment

I raced karts when I lived back in Europe. I started racing at 4 years old and finished at 10. Moving to the US kinda screwed up any chances of becoming any kind of a competative race car driver . I started racing 50cc centrifugal clutch type karts (I don't remember the classes name) then I did the 65cc centrifugal, and finnaly I moved up to the "Roket" class, which is a 80cc direct chain drive kart. When geared for fast tracks the 80cc would get up close to 80 km/h. Thats pretty good for an eight year old driver. At 12 years old they would let you run in the 100cc class, and at 15 you could do the 125cc and 150cc. I had some very fun times back then. Now, at 17, the closest I get to real racing is AutoX, and high performance driver schools.
                My engine would get rebuilt after each race weekend, and I use to get a new frame after 10 races. Also, when started racing, I use to use up a lot of rear axles (hitting things with the back wheel a lot).

Comment

i just drove mine for the first time but i had to stay below 7000rpm for break in. One more session at 12k then 16k here i come.

Comment

Working...
                  X