Little Rant Here..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Little Rant Here..

So my grandfather just passed away about a week ago. He didnt have a funeral or anything, didnt want any of that, so only my Dad flew up to Michigan.

Anyways the man was an insane music lover. His basement was chocked full of LPs, 45's and Cds. He had over 1000 separate vinyls. Well in a rush my y Dad, his brother, and their cousin got rid of ALL THE VINYL. I am pissed.

They are idiots, that shit is worth $3000 or more. He took great care of his stuff, he loved Classic Rock and the blues and such. Even just as a lot sale it would of brought a huge sum of money.... but NO goodwill in the UP deserves it all I guess.

Little rant, and I am pissed, because I wanted some. Not all, but some. Just some Rolling Stones and Who and the like. I guess that ain't happening.

Wtf did they do just throw it in the trash? That sucks man
    -Alex

Comment

Pretty much the same story as when my Step-Grandfather passed away. What really pissed me off were at least a hundred reel-to-reel tapes that he recorded of AFVN broadcasts during his time in Vietnam. Those were worth SERIOUS money.

1984 Hennarot 325e - 1990 Brillantrot M3 - 1938 Buick Special Business Coupe

Comment

Too bad. I want to get into LPs for a stereo set-up.

I have a single LP. Christopher Cross.
        Last edited by CabrioPunk; 12-05-2010, 05:38 PM.

Comment

No not throw away. Throw ina box and give to the thrift store. Atleast SOMEBODY will get to enjoy them.

I mean I dont understand how they could just mindlessly get rid of them all, when they were possibly his greatest possession? When my Mom last called they were going through his like 1200 cds... they will keep some of them. Like 50.

Also he has a few pioneer receivers, TWO sets of Bose 3000 dollar speakers. I hate Bose but still. Yeah this sucks

Comment

A fond memory from college was going to a buddy's house in Georgia and listening through his dad's collection of LP. James Taylor with all the hiss and pops. The Who. I recall some Elton John.

Comment

Grief makes people do stupid things.

Comment

I guess.

Comment

5Toes. I feel your pain. All children and grandchildren should have been consulted in order to split this kind of stuff.
                  Brake harder. Go faster. No shit.

massivebrakes.com

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Massiv...78417442267056

Comment

Yeah. funny thing is that my pops asked if I wanted one of the receivers. I said no, because my old Technics works fine. Should of said yes...

Comment

Giving it to a thrift store isn't so bad. At least they didn't throw it away. Stop thinking about the money.

Comment

Im not thinking about the money, I wouldn't have sold them. And yes good thing they gave them to a thrift store. But I wanted some, and I think he knew. But he didn't ask, and thats what pisses me off.

Comment

Your Father's dad just passed away, it may not have been on his mind to ask you, especially with all of the issues a family member passing away brings. Being pissed seems a bit unnecessary.

Comment

Had a set of these back in the day. Best speakers I've owned yet

turk@gutenparts.com

Originally posted by Janderson
                            Properly placed zip ties will hold bridges together.

Comment

Originally posted by Ian Bowers View Post
                              Your Father's dad just passed away, it may not have been on his mind to ask you, especially with all of the issues a family member passing away brings. Being pissed seems a bit unnecessary.
                              Actually, the passing of an elder is when comes to realize that the legacy must be transfered to the younger ones. You just don't trash or erase it. If my father had died, I would seek for whatever I can keep to myself, and then to my own children. Pretty sure that the OP had affection for his grand dad and would have liked to "keep in touch" through grand dad's music. The elders are your roots.
                              Brake harder. Go faster. No shit.

massivebrakes.com

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Massiv...78417442267056

Comment

Working...
                              X