autoshop car?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

autoshop car?

Pretty odd. I have a friend that geso to school in lafayette, ca, and said that their autoshop recently recieved a running e38 740il with M-pars.
    ..in addition to a jaguar xj8 that they've had for a few months.
    my school has a shitty old faux-woodgrain caravan and a lumina.

1991 BMW 318i (Old Shell RIP, Now Being Re-shelled & Reborn)
    1983 Peugeot 505 STI
    1992 Volvo 240 Wagon
    2009 Toyota 4Runner SR5 Sport 4WD

Back east in Connecticut we had a old shop truck and cars that didn't even run. So we took them apart.

Comment

How are they going to be able to work on an E38, but since they got a BMW they might have tools too. We had a new Maxima back in 2001, but no one did anything in that class.
      sigpic

Comment

None of the schools in our district had auto shop...

To add insult to injury, the garage space that was supposed to be used for this was turned in to an animal science class :hitler:
        Bronzit 4-door Swap Drifting somewhere
        Cammed B25 Swap Daily Driver
        Updated 10/1

Originally posted by StereoInstaller1
        Maybe 300 CANADIAN HP, thats like 225 US HP.

Comment

When I was in high school, they had a Fox body Mustang with a V8 & a mid 90s Civic.

Comment

Didnt have shop class at any of my highschools, but did at my college, and they had lotsa cars hahaha

Comment

My school didnt have sports or shop or whatever it is you guys call it. I went to special school :)

Comment

In CA, more specifically the Salinas area, we had some pretty damn nice cars. I worked on my '73 Mercedes 280 SEL with the 6.3l V8 in it all the time. Auto body teacher had a Ford shoebox with a chop top sitting on bags. I learned to use a spray gun on that thing. Talk about "no pressure"...
                Need a part? PM me.

Get your Bass on. Luke's r3v Boxes are here: http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=198123

Comment

When I was in high school in my shop class I tubed and caged a monza, Built a sandrail. We also had a lot of small block fords to tear down and rebuild and then test fire. All the diagnostic equipment it was pretty much a full shop. And we could bring in whatever to work on.
                  84 318I Delphin RIP
                  87 325IS delphin 24v Sold
                  89 325 Alpineweiss

Comment

Originally posted by freeride53 View Post
                    Pretty odd. I have a friend that geso to school in lafayette, ca, and said that their autoshop recently recieved a running e38 740il with M-pars.
                    ..in addition to a jaguar xj8 that they've had for a few months.
                    my school has a shitty old faux-woodgrain caravan and a lumina.
                    Lol, we're building a solar powered car and are taking it to Texas to race in June. We have alot of other pieces of crap, like a RHD Saturn from the UK, a Bread truck and a SAAB 900 turbo
                    Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Originally posted by Wh33lhop
                    VANOS: sometimes you just need to go full retard.

Comment

Good times in auto shop. we had a ford focus coupe, some big ass RV that stunk like shit, a but ton of spare engines, and a 40 foot pile of used tires. The tires were the best part. There was a loft in the shop, and the tires were RIGHT below it. Wanna know who jumped from the loft into the pile of tires?
                      -Alex

Comment

when I went to WVOC. I took my e30 in to get worked on. Nothing like free maintenance parts courtesy of the college.
                        harry/harout

Comment

we had a shop area at my highschool with lifts and tools..... and also desks, fileing cabinets, etc. filled to the roof with crap and the school didnt have the "budget" to fund it. out of a lot of classes you could cut. why auto shop, i just dont get it.

Comment

Our high school autoshop sucked. I did wash my car there once, some idiot borrowed my chamois and cleaned brake dust off his shitty TSW wheels with it.

But in jr. high I was foreman of the woodshop so we got to do a bit of carpentry building the new tech lab. Tech lab was kind of cool there was a computer program where we designed and tested bridges on the computer then built a scaled down one with balsa wood, mine held like 40 pounds. Then we got to put together a 2 stroke engine, learned screen printing and some other hands on activities.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by trackjunkie21 View Post
                              Lol, we're building a solar powered car and are taking it to Texas to race in June. We have alot of other pieces of crap, like a RHD Saturn from the UK, a Bread truck and a SAAB 900 turbo
                              i'd like to see pictures of the solar car and the saabwaab.
                              the saturn isn't from the uk- it's probably just a rural mail car. ain't no saturns in europe, europeans are cool

1991 BMW 318i (Old Shell RIP, Now Being Re-shelled & Reborn)
                              1983 Peugeot 505 STI
                              1992 Volvo 240 Wagon
                              2009 Toyota 4Runner SR5 Sport 4WD

Comment

Working...
                              X