Bassists and other musicians

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bassists and other musicians

I was curious what kind of media set-ups you all have. I just got my bass and guitar out of storage after about 6 years and want to try and play again.

Because of my current living situation most of my playing will be through headphones so I was curious if any of you plugged directly into your PCs and played through any "digital amplifiers" and just had your headphones plugged into your computer.

Also, what kind of software do you recommend for mixing?

I want to stay semi cheap, maybe somewhere in the $200 price range.
    Originally posted by Teaguer
    Filling an Eta's tank with super unleaded will reach the cars maximum attainable performance level .

Aa a bonus filling the tank will also double any Eta's resale value .

I play a fretless schecter 5 string. Been playing for about 8 years now. Not professionally or anything just home jams.
    Enter the Internet!

Comment

i play guitar through a practice amp (like 15w lol) here in my 1 bedroom apartment for 2 hours or so a day and my neighbors never complain.
      sigpic

Comment

you'll likely need a a "DI" (digital interface) box if you want to plug into your computer and play. i'm not really sure though whats hot for cheap editors. obviously you can alway go the audacity route (free). otherwise, i have a buddy thats having a lot of good luck with garage band (not sure on price. he has a mac)

i personally normally run a passive guitar through my roland micro cube, and it works ok... i have a 100w vox tube amp for when no body's home, though.

Comment

Originally posted by e30-RTN View Post
          I play a fretless schecter 5 string. Been playing for about 8 years now. Not professionally or anything just home jams.
          pics or ban.

Closing SOON!
          "LAST CHANCE FOR G.A.S." DEAL IS ON NOW

Luke AT germanaudiospecialties DOT com or text 425-761-6450, or for quickest answers, call me at the shop 360-669-0398

Thanks for 10 years of fun!

Comment

Pick up a good used CL Mac G4 for $200 or so and I'll GIVE you an older copy of Logic Express I'm no longer using.

Comment

I am running an old SWR LA Series 60w bass amp and a Crate DSP 15w practice amp with a Yamaha RBX bass and an Ibanez RG.

I dont mind plugging my headphones directly into them and jamming. But I want to able to do two things.

1) Digitally record, edit and compose music.
              2) Load up a CD or Winamp or some other media, and play along so I can hear both my instrument and the music through my headphones
              Originally posted by Teaguer
              Filling an Eta's tank with super unleaded will reach the cars maximum attainable performance level .

Aa a bonus filling the tank will also double any Eta's resale value .

Comment

For Software you can go with Adobe Audition or Logic Pro and use a usb interface to connect but honestly, save up some extra cash go get an MBox and Pro Tools LE for like 5-600 bux. It's the best investment you'll make if you want to really mess around. Pro Tools is the industry standard and the only software I've used in the few recording studios I worked in. You can do everything you could possibly need with LE, no need to spend more money on version 8.
                stephenbrody.com

Comment

Originally posted by TexasTerp View Post
                  For Software you can go with Adobe Audition or Logic Pro and use a usb interface to connect but honestly, save up some extra cash go get an MBox and Pro Tools LE for like 5-600 bux. It's the best investment you'll make if you want to really mess around. Pro Tools is the industry standard and the only software I've used in the few recording studios I worked in. You can do everything you could possibly need with LE, no need to spend more money on version 8.
                  i've been out of the loop for awhile. how does an Mbox differ from a DI box? or are they the same?

Comment

Originally posted by Midnight Sun View Post
                    I was curious what kind of media set-ups you all have. I just got my bass and guitar out of storage after about 6 years and want to try and play again.

Because of my current living situation most of my playing will be through headphones so I was curious if any of you plugged directly into your PCs and played through any "digital amplifiers" and just had your headphones plugged into your computer.

Also, what kind of software do you recommend for mixing?

I want to stay semi cheap, maybe somewhere in the $200 price range.
                    Check with the guys at humbuckermusic.com.
                    They have all that good electronic gear.

1991 325ic and 1991 318is

Comment

Working...
                    X