Want to buy a 2002?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • parkerbink
    replied
    It had short bumpers, the small bumper "defenses" towards the lights, three piece dash, no AC, etc.

    Possibly the cluster was replaced by BMW and all they had were chromeless, I do not know nor am I saying anything regarding the way they were. Clearly Lee has a major stake in the cluster protocol and I defer to his seemingly obsessive need to get the facts across.

    Leave a comment:


  • Turf1600
    replied
    Originally posted by parkerbink
    Lee is right that MY 71 2002 had chrome rings?
    I didn't catch that part. If your car was a MODEL 71 (not production date) it should have had short bumpers, no lower trim and the chrome rings in addition to a 3 piece dash.

    Leave a comment:


  • parkerbink
    replied
    Originally posted by Massive Lee
    The argument about the proper cluster started here after somebody claimed the cluster was not the right one.



    Which was argumented here.



    Then our resident paranoïd starts all sort of argumentation about what he didn't really mean... Pfff...

    How course I am right about the cluster.
    I have had 02s for 25 years. And my current one is a 1969. ;-)


    I never said what the norm was. I said what MY car had.

    I have had 2002s since 1978. I do not care what your heavily modified 2002 has, I don't care what a cluster you dredged from god knows where is, I do not claim to know what cluster came with what vin range for I am not all knowing.

    Lee is all knowing and seeing, I guess he blinked the day he was looking at my 71 2002 because he missed that it had an all black gauge cluster.

    And Lee, how about you rein in the name calling. I have not called you anything but Lee and there is no need to call me names/apply psychological descriptors.

    And thanks for posting my post, that is called a QUESTION. Where do I say definitively it should be black?

    Leave a comment:


  • Massive Lee
    replied
    The argument about the proper cluster started here after somebody claimed the cluster was not the right one.



    Which was argumented here.



    Then our resident paranoïd starts all sort of argumentation about what he didn't really mean... Pfff...

    How course I am right about the cluster.
    I have had 02s for 25 years. And my current one is a 1969. ;-)

    Leave a comment:


  • parkerbink
    replied
    Lee is right that MY 71 2002 had chrome rings?

    How do you know?

    I never said it was original, I never said anything regarding the year/cluster protocol. He is arguing MY car had the silver rings.

    I am positive it did not, I am also positive it was the way the car was sold because I bought it from a friend of my Father that bought it new and he did not change anything.

    Just sayin.

    Leave a comment:


  • Turf1600
    replied
    Lee is right, though. Just sayin.

    Leave a comment:


  • parkerbink
    replied
    You proved nothing. You do not know what a 71 2002 I had in 1980 had or if the car even existed. This is an argument you cannot win as you literally do not know shi*.

    Now run off and sell some over priced bbk to an unsuspecting kid.

    EDIT

    And thanks for proving my point that you will literally argue about ANYTHING.

    Leave a comment:


  • Massive Lee
    replied
    Originally posted by parkerbink
    Is there anything you won't argue?

    The sky is blue.
    It looks like you were wrong about the cluster and don't appreciate being told so. I gave you the proof, period. Are you always paranoïd like that?

    Leave a comment:


  • parkerbink
    replied
    Is there anything you won't argue?

    The sky is blue.

    Leave a comment:


  • Massive Lee
    replied
    Originally posted by parkerbink
    I had a 71, it had fully black cluster. I don't know the production date so it could have been a late car that got the 72 cluster.
    How can you be sure your 71 had the original cluster? Most likely a part swap from a later car. Check in the owner manual for pictures of the proper cluster. It should have silver rings.

    Full view here.

    Leave a comment:


  • parkerbink
    replied
    I had a 71, it had fully black cluster. I don't know the production date so it could have been a late car that got the 72 cluster.

    Leave a comment:


  • Massive Lee
    replied
    That car is a first serie 2002 (1968-1971) and those had the black cluster with silver rings. Then fully black from 1972 to 1973, and fake wood in 1974 until the end of the production in 1977 with the econo 1502 still in production while the e21 had already started selling.

    On of the aspect that is specific to the first serie is the absence of plastic side moldings. This particular attention was retained again in 1976-1977 with the econo 1502 to save on production.

    Leave a comment:


  • parkerbink
    replied
    Originally posted by bmw2002tiiagave
    original my ass. the cluster ain't even from the correct year.

    The ring around the speedo should be black no?

    That is from an earlier car possibly a 1600 I bet.

    Leave a comment:


  • Massive Lee
    replied
    Originally posted by bmw2002tiiagave
    original my ass. the cluster ain't even from the correct year.
    Didn't 1969-1971 02s (serie 1) have the black cluster with slilver rings while the second serie had no silver ring, and in 1974 (serie 3) it was real plastic wood?

    Below is 1972-1973 black cluster without the silver ring.

    Leave a comment:


  • bmw2002tiiagave
    replied
    original my ass. the cluster ain't even from the correct year.

    Leave a comment:

Working...