Computer help: random folders showing up on hard drives

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Computer help: random folders showing up on hard drives

i think it is some sort of backup file, but i'm not sure where they're coming from. i have 4 hard drives:

boot SSD
    1TB internal
    1TB external
    2TB external (new as of this week)

the files used to show up on the internal 1TB drive - I can delete them, but about 1 new folder per day or every other day shows up there. now that I have the new 2TB external drive, these folders are showing up on it instead of the internal drive. they have never appeared on the SSD or the 1TB external.

do these folder names look familiar to anyone? to me they look similar to iphone backup folders, but those folder names are longer, and i can locate them in their proper place.

by the way, the folders are empty any time i look in them (temp folders maybe?), even if i tell the comp to show hidden files, it is still empty.

any ideas on how to solve this would be greatly appreciated.

gracias.
    http://instagram.com/dslovn.drives

Those folders are usually created by .msu packaged windows update files that create temporary folders for installation tasks.

I usually have several at a time, however usually they will cycle in and out without any harm.

Also if you have show system files enabled you will see more of that hidden stuff.

Comment

The CIA is tracking you. Time to bust out the tin foil hats dude, sorry.

Comment

Bugs me too. James is right though.

Comment

My old HD's that I've retired for backup duty and didn't wipe clean have the same system type folders.

Comment

some form of OS folders, or 'system protected'.
            assuming u got vista or 7, you can go in a explorer,->organize>fodler and search options, view and tick 'hide protected os system files", if your view is gettign to 'messy'
            ---*one Caffe-Mocca-Valium-Vodka-latte to go please*

---*"Drag racing is a pissing contest for engine builders", CallmasterIV

Comment

Delete system 32...
              <---Goodnight, sweet prince

Eat well, stay fit, die anyway.

Originally posted by Brandon12V
              unlikely. too many e46 guys craving Big Fucking Cock

Comment

thanks for all the input guys.

Originally posted by CallmasterIV View Post
                some form of OS folders, or 'system protected'.
                assuming u got vista or 7, you can go in a explorer,->organize>fodler and search options, view and tick 'hide protected os system files", if your view is gettign to 'messy'
                i thought this would solve it, but it turns out i already am hiding the system files, so the folders must be coming from something else.

darn.
                http://instagram.com/dslovn.drives

Comment

Originally posted by CreamE30 View Post
                  Delete system 32...

My 2.9L Build!

Originally posted by Ernest Hemingway
                  There are only three sports: bullfighting, motor racing, and mountaineering; all the rest are merely games.

Comment

Working...
                  X