This is Photography

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mrsleeve View Post
    Only advantage that has over my current 100-300 is OS/IS. Other wise its about the same or a down grade. Saving my pennies (or just when I go back to my regular job) for both a Cannon 70-200L 2.8 W/gen 1 IS, and a Canon 100-400L 4.5-5.6. IS

and maybe a 24-105L as well
    Good choices. In the mean time, as a rule of thumb, you should have the same (or faster) shutter speed as your focal length. IE: 300mm = at least 1/300 sec.

And....

Let the fun begin.

Originally posted by cabriodster87
    "Honey? What color is this wire? Is it the same as that one? Are you sure? I don't believe it. OK, it works. Thank you sweetie."
    Originally posted by Kershaw
    i've got a boner and a desire to speed.

Comment

wow, no safety strap on that suction rig? Brave man!
      Build your own dreams, or someone else will hire you to build theirs!

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

Originally posted by Vedubin01 View Post
        wow, no safety strap on that suction rig? Brave man!
        Haven't tried it out yet, good point on the strap haha.
        "Honey? What color is this wire? Is it the same as that one? Are you sure? I don't believe it. OK, it works. Thank you sweetie."

Comment

Playing with PS a little. Added a border lol. Other wise this one is stright off the lens no post process on the image at all.

Originally posted by Fusion
          If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
          The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
          William Pitt-

Comment

You take some excellent photo's sir.

Go here be happy!

Ratchet Garage e30 V8 build.

Comment

Thanks I would not go that far, but they are getting better
              If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
              The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
              William Pitt-

Comment

^ getting better quickly. I would say the tree on the left is too much of a distraction with the current framing. Well done on the slow shutter.

PS mike that rule applies to 35mm film, or FX cameras. Therefore 300mm is a roughly 450mm equivalent on a crop camera, aka you want a shutter of 1/450. However, I don't really stick to the rule... just gotta feel it out for yourself.
                Originally posted by z31maniac
                I just hate everyone.

No need for discretion.

Comment

Originally posted by mrsleeve View Post
                  Playing with PS a little. Added a border lol. Other wise this one is stright off the lens no post process on the image at all.

Your shutter speed to have been elongated.
                  world renown Harry Potter expert
                  sigpic

Comment

^

Yeah I think that one was about 13 seconds @ F/6.3

87e30: Thanks figuring out how to get the shots I want with out using PS as much as possible PS confuses the fuck out of me. I was hoping the tree on the left would be a little bit softer and just be a nice smooth bokeh in the foreground. Oh well I am still very happy with how this one turned out regardless

Same creek different angle, had to tweak the Brightness down just a touch on this one. Original is a little over exposed.

I need to start water making some of these lol
                    Last edited by mrsleeve; 10-10-2011, 10:40 PM.

William Pitt-

Comment

Originally posted by 87e30 View Post
                      ^ getting better quickly. I would say the tree on the left is too much of a distraction with the current framing. Well done on the slow shutter.

PS mike that rule applies to 35mm film, or FX cameras. Therefore 300mm is a roughly 450mm equivalent on a crop camera, aka you want a shutter of 1/450. However, I don't really stick to the rule... just gotta feel it out for yourself.
                      Yeah that's why I'm addicted to IS! But that doesn't do shit for football/ action stuff. With concerts it's nice to be able to hand hold a 70-200 at 1/30th at 200 and get tack sharp, as long as you get them holding a pose still. With drummers that goes out the window!

Comment

e24 e9 e30
                        IG: peterkaczynski

Comment

Comment

Lighthouse in Japan about 2 years ago.

Comment

Same lighthouse differnt shot.

Little bush

Tree

Comment

This:

=

This:

Quick and easy. Can't wait to try in in diff spots and on nicer cars

Comment

Working...
                                X