No announcement yet.

This is Photography

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

whats up with the noise? what are you shooting with and how are you doing it? they are cool shots still.

Comment

Originally posted by T Verdier View Post
      whats up with the noise? what are you shooting with and how are you doing it? they are cool shots still.
      Just looks like high iso or perhaps artifacting in a lower end camera. Would be my guess.
      Originally posted by z31maniac
      I just hate everyone.

No need for discretion.

Comment

Freeride53, very nice photos! I love scenic and night photography.

Just trying out a new panoramic app on my phone so nothing fancy.

Comment

Thanks guys. I'm using a Cannon Rebel T1i, and I'm still a noob at night photography.
          I was on auto depth mode, I'm gonna pregrame tomorrow night by heading out and trying again with the Yerba Buena Island angles...

1991 BMW 318i (Old Shell RIP, Now Being Re-shelled & Reborn)
          1983 Peugeot 505 STI
          1992 Volvo 240 Wagon
          2009 Toyota 4Runner SR5 Sport 4WD

Comment

Originally posted by freeride53 View Post
            Thanks guys. I'm using a Cannon Rebel T1i, and I'm still a noob at night photography.
            I was on auto depth mode, I'm gonna pregrame tomorrow night by heading out and trying again with the Yerba Buena Island angles...
            Well not to give you advice you don't want but here is what I've done successfully for night shots. (I remember running around taking the same type of shots)

-tripod
            -f/12 or lower (which means a higher number)
            -iso base (100 or 200)
            -SS pretty long. 10-30 seconds. Play around.

This is an old shot I really love and am in the process of retaking better to create a print out of:

f/22
            25 sec (ish)
            iso 200
            Did I mention tripod?
            Originally posted by z31maniac
            I just hate everyone.

No need for discretion.

Comment

Originally posted by 87e30 View Post
              Well not to give you advice you don't want but here is what I've done successfully for night shots. (I remember running around taking the same type of shots)

-tripod
              -iso base (100 or 200)

This is an old shot I really love and am in the process of retaking better to create a print out of:

f/22
              25 sec (ish)
              iso 200
              Did I mention tripod?
              thats why i was asking. Listen to 87e30, if you had a point and shoot i wasnt gonna bother but with a slr you can get some way cleaner pics.

Comment

I agree with 87. All my night shots are f 8 or so, and 30 plus second shutter times, ISO 400 or less, on a tripod some come out better than others
                Last edited by mrsleeve; 12-17-2011, 04:07 PM.
                Originally posted by Fusion
                If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
                The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
                William Pitt-

Comment

Originally posted by T Verdier View Post
                  thats why i was asking. Listen to 87e30, if you had a point and shoot i wasnt gonna bother but with a slr you can get some way cleaner pics.
                  Originally posted by 87e30 View Post

-tripod
                  -iso base (100 or 200)

f/22
                  25 sec (ish)
                  iso 200
                  Did I mention tripod?
                  Thanks guys. I'm still a n00b so I'm graciously taking any advice that I can get.

Yeah, I was using a tripod, but there was a slight wind, so that may have effected it a little bit. Also, I'm gonna try to increase the shutter-speed this time. ISO was at 100 Also at f/8 last time.

1991 BMW 318i (Old Shell RIP, Now Being Re-shelled & Reborn)
                  1983 Peugeot 505 STI
                  1992 Volvo 240 Wagon
                  2009 Toyota 4Runner SR5 Sport 4WD

Comment

Newspaper backdrop by izthistaken, on Flickr

Mistress being sneaky by izthistaken, on Flickr
                    -Matt

http://www.facebook.com/MatthewTrombleyPhotography

1990 325i
                    1999 FRC

Flickr

Comment

Dont forget to switch off Steadyshot (Sony) or whatever its called on your camera when shooting with a tripod! Ruined some shots cos of that the other night!
                      Also I m not sure why or how but I started liking photos with some "noise" in them! ;-)
                      N.
                      Last edited by a3ternus; 12-19-2011, 08:48 AM.
                      Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Originally Posted by aaron_silva
                      It is always frustrating having a harsh ride when
                      you arent in the right mind set.

Comment

Both taken with the mighty plastic fantastic Sony SAL35F18 lens!
                        N.
                        Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Originally Posted by aaron_silva
                        It is always frustrating having a harsh ride when
                        you arent in the right mind set.

Comment

From today:

Comment

Walking around Boston for an hour the other day.

Originally posted by cabriodster87
                            "Honey? What color is this wire? Is it the same as that one? Are you sure? I don't believe it. OK, it works. Thank you sweetie."
                            Originally posted by Kershaw
                            i've got a boner and a desire to speed.

Comment

Watch Hill, RI

Beavertail, RI

light pollution
                              Originally posted by FredK
                              However, in your absence, I will likely sit in your seat buck naked while making racecar noises as if I were maxing your E30 out on the Mulsanne Straight while allowing the perforated vinyl to soak up my butt sweat (going 200 mph does that to you).

My year in Germany
                              Feedback

Comment

Love the ocean sunrise shot
                                Originally posted by Fusion
                                If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
                                The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
                                William Pitt-

Comment

Working...
                                X