No announcement yet.

This is Photography

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here are a few from my house and from a beach we took a walk on Christmas day.

Originally posted by cabriodster87
    "Honey? What color is this wire? Is it the same as that one? Are you sure? I don't believe it. OK, it works. Thank you sweetie."
    Originally posted by Kershaw
    i've got a boner and a desire to speed.

Comment

a lot off crazy color tones.

i do like those landscapes of the ocean and the stars
      Last edited by T Verdier; 12-28-2011, 11:23 AM.

Comment

i use cheapy Cokin filters(ND/GND), cause i'm a broke college student. Pink and Red colorcast is unavoidable when combining more than one of their filters, but it gains the foreground exposure I want.

The beavertail picture was a 20 second exposure making the seafoam and water motion look blurry...almost snowy

the light pollution one was shot with Tungsten WB. No modification other than some noise reduction in Lightroom.
        Heres a noisier shot at the same location but 90° perpendicular (left) from the direction of the Light Pollution photo

..but thanks :)
        Last edited by psyber_0ptix; 12-27-2011, 08:55 PM.
        Originally posted by FredK
        However, in your absence, I will likely sit in your seat buck naked while making racecar noises as if I were maxing your E30 out on the Mulsanne Straight while allowing the perforated vinyl to soak up my butt sweat (going 200 mph does that to you).

My year in Germany
        Feedback

Comment

^^^ Very nice good sir

Comment

Originally posted by psyber_0ptix View Post

The beavertail picture was a 20 second exposure making the seafoam and water motion look blurry...almost snowy
            Thats what makes that shot IMO. if it was just a 1/60 shutter time, it would be just a ehhh I took this with my cell phone. The long exposures make for the best landscapes in low light and water features.
            Originally posted by Fusion
            If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
            The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
            William Pitt-

Comment

Originally posted by psyber_0ptix View Post
              i use cheapy Cokin filters(ND/GND), cause i'm a broke college student. Pink and Red colorcast is unavoidable when combining more than one of their filters, but it gains the foreground exposure I want.

the light pollution one was shot with Tungsten WB. No modification other than some noise reduction in Lightroom.
              Heres a noisier shot at the same location but 90° perpendicular (left) from the direction of the Light Pollution photo

..but thanks :)
              yeah i was saying the other guys are desaturating a lot but you keep it simple and i like that a lot, i need to get out and do some landscape. how much was that ND filter setup?

Comment

is that a sigma? and a 60d?

Comment

the ND filters can be had for very cheap on Amazon. I didnt spend more than 50 dollars for a mount, adapter and 3 filters. 3 stop, 6 stop and a (i think) a hard 6 stop graduated filter. Try to avoid knock off stuff from china thats only a dollar or so per filter. If any direct sunlight hits it, it turns the whole exposure cloudy.

Cokin P-series is as cheap as I would recommend (goes up to 77mm adapter for lens). It really messes with shots sometimes though having the colorcast. Cokin Z or X-Pro are really nice if shotting with ultrawide or larger diameter lenses. Lee filters are baller and you dont get crazy colorcast.

I was out shooting with a buddy, and was using his Sigma 10-20mm UWA.

Normal setup is 60D with Canon 17-40mm f/4 or nifty-fifty. I need to learn how to use a flash

I guess filters are a form of 'cheating' to trick the sensor into taking information as dynamic as what our eyes are capable of viewing...but I know nothing of photoshop or HDR, so I dont know how to make these images any other way. Plus being able to take long exposures during the day....is amazing sometimes
                  Last edited by psyber_0ptix; 12-28-2011, 02:10 PM.
                  Originally posted by FredK
                  However, in your absence, I will likely sit in your seat buck naked while making racecar noises as if I were maxing your E30 out on the Mulsanne Straight while allowing the perforated vinyl to soak up my butt sweat (going 200 mph does that to you).

My year in Germany
                  Feedback

Comment

Originally posted by T Verdier View Post
                    yeah i was saying the other guys are desaturating a lot
                    Me?
                    Originally posted by cabriodster87
                    "Honey? What color is this wire? Is it the same as that one? Are you sure? I don't believe it. OK, it works. Thank you sweetie."
                    Originally posted by Kershaw
                    i've got a boner and a desire to speed.

Comment

I am now in good proximity to my good stuff I need to get out and do some snapping
                      If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
                      The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
                      William Pitt-

Comment

Comment

That one has a very old school. Film kinda feel to it. I kinda like that

William Pitt-

Comment

Haven't been out for a proper shoot in a while. But one of my e46:

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Mike325 View Post
                                Me?
                                its not a knock on you, its just nice to see more colors
                                Last edited by T Verdier; 12-31-2011, 12:11 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X