No announcement yet.

This is Photography

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Car got professionaly detailed on Friday. Approx 10 hours worth of work.

Sunset Strobe E46 by izthistaken, on Flickr

Light painted last night.

Light Painted E46 by izthistaken, on Flickr
    -Matt

http://www.facebook.com/MatthewTrombleyPhotography

1990 325i
    1999 FRC

Flickr

Comment

^ Nice shots. What strobe did you use and how many shots is this? (if it is a composite)
      Originally posted by cabriodster87
      "Honey? What color is this wire? Is it the same as that one? Are you sure? I don't believe it. OK, it works. Thank you sweetie."
      Originally posted by Kershaw
      i've got a boner and a desire to speed.

Comment

Day 37/366

Dear photograph style

Thank you Professor by Payam Fahr, on Flickr
        Originally posted by FredK
        However, in your absence, I will likely sit in your seat buck naked while making racecar noises as if I were maxing your E30 out on the Mulsanne Straight while allowing the perforated vinyl to soak up my butt sweat (going 200 mph does that to you).

My year in Germany
        Feedback

Comment

Originally posted by Mike325 View Post
          ^ Nice shots. What strobe did you use and how many shots is this? (if it is a composite)
          Thanks Mike! The first one is two strobes (580ex), the second one is a simple 4ft work light that I walked the car with a long exposure. I did merge my sky because it was nicer than my last couple shots. But really, just one shot each. :)
          -Matt

http://www.facebook.com/MatthewTrombleyPhotography

1990 325i
          1999 FRC

Flickr

Comment

one I took today just messing around 3 layer HDR too no less

Originally posted by Fusion
            If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
            The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
            William Pitt-

Comment

I just brought a camera its not and SLR or anything good its a Fuji S2950 they call it a bridge camera fits in somewhere between a point and shoot and a slr. Im just playing around at the moment trying to learn about photography, Learning about shutter speeds, ISO those kind of this! after i think i know what is going on ill try to learn how to edit my photos.

This first one is of my E30 the first time it was on the ground in about a month.

E30 front by Podge30, on Flickr

These next 2 where at the end of my street just playing around with my camera i went out and bought a tri pod the other day so ill get back out there and try some photos on a tripod.

DSCF0390 by Podge30, on Flickr

DSCF0388 by Podge30, on Flickr

Any feed back/help/ideas for a guy starting out would be really appreciated.

Comment

^
                1st one is cool, but needs a CPL to cut all that glare out

when using a tripod for night shots or long exposures you need to set the shutter timer for 2sec or get a remote shutter release so you dont shake the cam when you trip the shutter.
                If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
                The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
                William Pitt-

Comment

Thanks mate what is a CPL? ill remember to use the timer when i shoot at night!!

Comment

Originally posted by Podge View Post
                    Thanks mate what is a CPL? ill remember to use the timer when i shoot at night!!
                    CPL = Circular Polarizer lets you vary the angle and amount of polarization. it cuts the glare off things as it blocks the reflected light and dose so much more I shoot almost exclusively with with a CPL when I am outside.

William Pitt-

Comment

Originally posted by mrsleeve View Post
                      CPL = Circular Polarizer lets you vary the angle and amount of polarization. it cuts the glare off things as it blocks the reflected light and dose so much more I shoot almost exclusively with with a CPL when I am outside.
                      Thanks mate ill go do some hunting see what i can learn!

Comment

Any canon guys in here?
                        I've got a friend that wants to get a dslr to play around with and he talked about being willing to buy my xsi possibly. So if i sell my xsi, what would be a good upgrade/replacement? I know the camera doesnt make the photographer but i would like to upgrade out of the canon rebels if possible. Does anyone have any experience with the 60d?

Flickr

@michael.colby on Instagram

"All he needed was a wheel in his hand and four on the road"

Comment

DO what I did, put your money, into a older CHEAPER 40D and the rest of the money into better Glass

William Pitt-

Comment

Originally posted by mrsleeve View Post
                            DO what I did, put your money, into a older CHEAPER 40D and the rest of the money into better Glass
                            You bought some used stuff right? From where?
                            I've bought all of my equipment off B&H so far.

Flickr

@michael.colby on Instagram

"All he needed was a wheel in his hand and four on the road"

Comment

yeah I bought mostly used and swapping around for way better used as we speak

I got some on from ebay, and most from POTN

William Pitt-

Comment

Sleeve, what do you use for your HDR shots?

Comment

Working...
                                X