This is Photography

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BlackbirdM3 View Post
    Using a DSLR for video is the dumbest idea I've heard of in a long time. Its the wrong shape, its all kinds of bad. Yes, I know people do it, but I still say using a DSLR for any sort of video is the dumbest thing I've heard in a long time.

My god you have no idea what you are talking about.....

You just don't see the potential in having an extremely light weight and high quality camera.
    sigpic

A man chooses, a slave obeys... Would you kindly?

Comment

Originally posted by pantelones View Post
      My god you have no idea what you are talking about.....

You just don't see the potential in having an extremely light weight and high quality camera.
      I will still always use a real video camera for shooting video, not a DSLR. To shoot video, you need a full tripod so weight has nothing to do with it. Hand held video will always be crappy.

I tried using the D7000 on my camera mount in the car. It was an epic fail. It was no better than my point and shoot that I use for autoX in the car (Yeah it sucks but I don't have to worry about breaking it.)

Yes, I know movies have been shot with Cannon DSLRs, however every review I've read pretty much states that Nikons don't work well for video. I'll use the correct tool for the right task. SLRs for stills, video cameras for video.

Hell, I'd continue to shoot film if it weren't such a pain in the ass. Its still superior to digital when it comes down to image quality.

Will
      '59 Alfa Romeo 101.02 Giulietta Sprint
      '69 Alfa Romeo 105.51 1750 GTV (R.I.P)
      '69 Datsun 2000 roadster Vintage race car
      '88 BMW M3

Comment

first attempt shooting a sunset from my backyard

1991 BMW 318i (Old Shell RIP, Now Being Re-shelled & Reborn)
        1983 Peugeot 505 STI
        1992 Volvo 240 Wagon
        2009 Toyota 4Runner SR5 Sport 4WD

Comment

^fuck uploaded the wrong one.
          here's the right one.

Alameda [SF] Sunsets by sina.pour, on Flickr

1983 Peugeot 505 STI
          1992 Volvo 240 Wagon

Comment

I will still always use a real video camera for shooting video, not a DSLR. To shoot video, you need a full tripod so weight has nothing to do with it. Hand held video will always be crappy.

I tried using the D7000 on my camera mount in the car. It was an epic fail. It was no better than my point and shoot that I use for autoX in the car (Yeah it sucks but I don't have to worry about breaking it.)

Yes, I know movies have been shot with Cannon DSLRs, however every review I've read pretty much states that Nikons don't work well for video. I'll use the correct tool for the right task. SLRs for stills, video cameras for video.

Hell, I'd continue to shoot film if it weren't such a pain in the ass. Its still superior to digital when it comes down to image quality.

Will
            For car videos I use a GoPro Hero2 set to 1080p.
            Originally posted by blunttech
            so true.. never let them know where you live..I almost ended up in jail when I was raping young women on craigslist

Comment

I'm disappointed that I'm paying extra money and research and development is being distributed to the video part of my camera body. It's a cool bonus but I'd rather pay less or have more money going into image sensor technology.

Comment

Originally posted by freeride53 View Post
                here's the right one.
                Thats awesome! Love it :D

Comment

Originally posted by T Verdier View Post
                  I'm disappointed that I'm paying extra money and research and development is being distributed to the video part of my camera body. It's a cool bonus but I'd rather pay less or have more money going into image sensor technology.
                  TOTALLY AGREE WITH YOU ON THIS. Its kinda neat and some times nice to have it for just messing around with but its not really something I really want or need in there
                  Originally posted by Fusion
                  If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
                  The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
                  William Pitt-

Comment

Will
                    No, there is this thing that is called a glide cam Buttery smooth hand held.

I have not done any filming with my 7d in the car so I can't really comment. I have filmed out side quite a bit, and it did very well most of the time. If you properly mounted the camera in the car I think it would be fine. Nikon is not up to par with Canon when it comes to video, so maybe that's why you don't like it. :)

And yes I love film too, but no it is not a pain in the ass, it is very rewarding! I have my 7d set up to use the same lenses I have for my 35mm Minolta. The 7d is my light meter and video camera, and If I want to shoot a quality photo I use the Minolta or Bronica (medium format).
                    sigpic

Comment

fog over pro3

Last edited by idanity; 08-18-2012, 11:04 PM. Reason: made it fit the forum view with link to full size...click image to see fs
                      3 pedal club
                      200,k+ club
                      cabrio club
                      port-matched- polished- purring www.BMWpark.org

</div>

linux since 1999

Comment

Originally posted by T Verdier View Post
                        Originally posted by mrsleeve View Post
                        TOTALLY AGREE WITH YOU ON THIS. Its kinda neat and some times nice to have it for just messing around with but its not really something I really want or need in there

Shoot film

I use the "live view" all the time, and that is basically just an unrecorded video.
                        sigpic

Comment

Okay the photos suck but the car is sex! First time shooting a car with the new camera lol. Also, sorry if they're too big.

Originally posted by yert315
                          Your mother is plug n play

Comment

looks goood :up:

Comment

Getting there. These three done with the T2i and the kit lens. 18-55 f3.5-5.6 IS II

Last edited by TurboJake; 08-20-2012, 12:27 AM.

Leave Me Transaction Feedback

Comment

I have thrown over $8000 in this car that isn't even registered in the last 4 years LMFAO

Gonna go kill myself now, peace.

Check out my multicolored French car, bro. by sina.pour, on Flickr

1983 Peugeot 505 STI
                                1992 Volvo 240 Wagon

Comment

Working...
                                X