This is Photography

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TurboJake View Post
    Getting there. These three done with the T2i and the kit lens. 18-55 f3.5-5.6 IS II
    Joey's is awesome!

Comment

Originally posted by TurboJake View Post
      Something about this one, soothes me. Not sure why. Dig.

Two shots from yesterday's morning shoot. Link

Article "Saving History", so I wanted to make it seem like this E21 was leaving the B+W shot (or past), and coming into the present:

----

Been playing around with my SB600 and pocket wizards, I really want to get some stands, more pocketwizards, and more flashes, to work on my technique. To make due, I've simply been using the one sb600 and taking multiple shots, each area (left front, center, right front) in shots like this to get some more light on dark cars. Then photoshopping them together afterwards. Police car was rolling by at the time I shot one of the exposures, so I thought I'd keep him. I like this shot.

Last edited by DEV0 E30; 08-20-2012, 09:49 AM.
      Project Thread | Instagram | Phoenix, Arizona Events Thread

Comment

Nice shots.

The zip ties on the rx7 are bothering me.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
        -Build http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=295277

Comment

Carroll Shelby GT500 by izthistaken, on Flickr

Carroll Shelby GT500 by izthistaken, on Flickr
          -Matt

http://www.facebook.com/MatthewTrombleyPhotography

1990 325i
          1999 FRC

Flickr

Comment

Those mustang shots are great! It's crazy how the strobe brings out all the dust, I love it.

Comment

Thanks Neil! Aka my hero.

It was raining, that's rain. ;)
              -Matt

1990 325i
              1999 FRC

Flickr

Comment

I haven't liked too many pictures of brand spanking new stangs, thanks for changing that Matt. :)

Looks tough as nails.

Comment

Aw, you're a sweetheart! Thanks!
                  -Matt

1990 325i
                  1999 FRC

Flickr

Comment

Originally posted by izthistaken View Post
                    Aw, you're a sweetheart! Thanks!
                    lol <3

Originally posted by BlackbirdM3 View Post
                    There is a reason Nikon doesn't make video cameras. (As far as I know.) Using a DSLR for video is the dumbest idea I've heard of in a long time. Its the wrong shape, its all kinds of bad. Yes, I know people do it, but I still say using a DSLR for any sort of video is the dumbest thing I've heard in a long time.

Yes the D7000 is a good camera, but I might go for the D600 if/when its released, that is as long as its not geared toward video the way the D800 and D4s are.

Will
                    Originally posted by Silverdogz View Post
                    I really like the D7000, it is a great camera. But I HATE trying to take videos on it. I have the extra power pack attached which has a portrait shutter button which I really like. Plus I don't think that a camera should be a camcorder.
                    Eh, I see the appeal, if I used a D7000 for mostly just dedicated video/2nd body I see it possibly being worth it and I can swap lenses as I see fit with the 1st body. I'm 50/50 on it right now. My plan is still to go to the local camera rental joint (Tempe Camera) where I've always liked renting lenses and rent the D7000 for a weekend and to fit in as many video projects as possible to get a hands on review of it. I know people aren't 100% satisfied with a DSLR for video, and I know Canon still has Nikon beat for reasonable video bodies, but I'd love to diversify and build on my skills some.

I will still always use a real video camera for shooting video, not a DSLR. To shoot video, you need a full tripod so weight has nothing to do with it. Hand held video will always be crappy.

I tried using the D7000 on my camera mount in the car. It was an epic fail. It was no better than my point and shoot that I use for autoX in the car (Yeah it sucks but I don't have to worry about breaking it.)

Yes, I know movies have been shot with Cannon DSLRs, however every review I've read pretty much states that Nikons don't work well for video. I'll use the correct tool for the right task. SLRs for stills, video cameras for video.

Hell, I'd continue to shoot film if it weren't such a pain in the ass. Its still superior to digital when it comes down to image quality.

Will
                    Thank you for your thoughts/review. Since I asked the question I wanted to follow up. I know if I get more serious into video it requires steady-cam and attachments to a dslr to get the fluid movement, etc that is pleasant to watch, instead of shaky-camera movements.

Comment

I will still always use a real video camera for shooting video, not a DSLR. To shoot video, you need a full tripod so weight has nothing to do with it. Hand held video will always be crappy.

I tried using the D7000 on my camera mount in the car. It was an epic fail. It was no better than my point and shoot that I use for autoX in the car (Yeah it sucks but I don't have to worry about breaking it.)

Yes, I know movies have been shot with Cannon DSLRs, however every review I've read pretty much states that Nikons don't work well for video. I'll use the correct tool for the right task. SLRs for stills, video cameras for video.

Hell, I'd continue to shoot film if it weren't such a pain in the ass. Its still superior to digital when it comes down to image quality.

Will

This guy... hah

You put a dSLR on a 'camera mount' and ran an Auto-X... what do you think would happen? Use a GoPro. It's made for that type of stuff. You say use the right tool for the job... I assume you had a large rig to mount the camera for Auto-X? Right?

This has to be just some trolling.

Comment

Originally posted by dinanm3atl View Post
                        This guy... hah

You put a dSLR on a 'camera mount' and ran an Auto-X... what do you think would happen? Use a GoPro. It's made for that type of stuff. You say use the right tool for the job... I assume you had a large rig to mount the camera for Auto-X? Right?

This has to be just some trolling.
                        Nope, not trolling. I didn't do an autoX with it, I just went down the street. I've got a real camera mount (I/O Port roll bar mount.) I'm not impressed with the Go-Pros either. The sound is always screwed up. The video is fine, but the sound is all wind noise or something. I've tried several different ones and they all have this horrible static, or just white noise/wind noise.

I mounted a Sony video camera on the same mount and got good sound and great video (except for the fact that it freaked out and shut off after 10 minutes on the track on one of the sessions.) Video cameras are for video, SLRs are for stills. Simple as that. I don't care how much you argue with me, I'm not changing my opinion.

Will
                        '59 Alfa Romeo 101.02 Giulietta Sprint
                        '69 Alfa Romeo 105.51 1750 GTV (R.I.P)
                        '69 Datsun 2000 roadster Vintage race car
                        '88 BMW M3

Comment

Nope, not trolling. I didn't do an autoX with it, I just went down the street. I've got a real camera mount (I/O Port roll bar mount.) I'm not impressed with the Go-Pros either. The sound is always screwed up. The video is fine, but the sound is all wind noise or something. I've tried several different ones and they all have this horrible static, or just white noise/wind noise.
                          The new Hero2 with an external mic does a great job of getting rid of that problem.
                          Video cameras are for video, SLRs are for stills. Simple as that. I don't care how much you argue with me, I'm not changing my opinion.

Will
                          This reminds me of the same logic I had years ago that my music player and phone should be seperate. Eventually it just becomes more convenient to have one device for both, and given enough time a SLR will be just as good as a normal video camera at video.

Comment

>> 1988 3.1 ITB E30 /// 2002 E46 M3 6MT / 2008 335xi 6MT / 1991 S38B36 E30 (sold)

Comment

Wow.

Comment

I mounted a Sony video camera on the same mount and got good sound and great video (except for the fact that it freaked out and shut off after 10 minutes on the track on one of the sessions.) Video cameras are for video, SLRs are for stills. Simple as that. I don't care how much you argue with me, I'm not changing my opinion.

Will
                                I won't argue. I'll just put up:

1.) My gopro, with no wind noise and sounding awesome.
                                $2 ebay microphone

and
                                AT Pro24/CM

2.) My T2i doing video. Indeed, SLR's are generally terrible for a driving video unless you have the right lens that is really wide (Like a video camera). HOWEVER! Here's my SLR doing great video at some pretty low light even. Obvious ISO grain on lake. But it was some pretty damn low light. It sure beats any video camera I have ever owned in terms of video quality hands down. It also does External microphones, so I can use my AT Pro24/CM on it. Mounted right on my hotshoe.

Y U NO VIMEO EMBED R3V? https://vimeo.com/47984536

AND! Fun fact. The T2i can even do full resolution pictures, while recording video, in 2 seperate files, with a slight 1 second delay in the video if your willing to sacrifice it. I accidentally left the Video AF ability on while doing this, but it gets the point across. Pause it at 0:07

And one of the images that was made while recording that video. At a resolution of 3154px*5186px

Not arguing, just putting those little tidbits out there. Gopro can sound great. DSLR's can do great video.
                                And some can take pictures, while doing video...
                                Last edited by TurboJake; 08-21-2012, 10:44 PM.

Leave Me Transaction Feedback

Comment

Working...
                                X