Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 5Toes View Post
    But still , D90 is right choice right?

I might inquire about this - http://seattle.craigslist.org/tac/ele/2226500291.html

He posted another listing with it at $500

http://seattle.craigslist.org/see/pho/2217195660.html - that looks like a great deal.

Shutter count doesn't really matter right?
    beware if the shutter count is like 50k plus. there will be plenty of cameras for sale with shutter counts around 10k, so it isn't worth getting such a well worn one unless it is the deal of a lifetime.

and btw, the 35mm f/1.8G DX Nikkor lens is THE LENS TO GET. It is such a stellar lens for a fair price - $200 new or about $170-180 used. I can't speak highly enough about it. get it get it get it get it get it
    http://instagram.com/dslovn.drives

Comment

Most cameras shutter count is 150,000+ just fyi to 5toes. Just good info to know when looking.
      -Matt

http://www.facebook.com/MatthewTrombleyPhotography

1990 325i
      1999 FRC

Flickr

Comment

So 10,000 is like nothing. Alright.

Do any of you guys shoot vintage lenses?

Comment

Originally posted by izthistaken View Post
          Most cameras shutter count is 150,000+ just fyi to 5toes. Just good info to know when looking.
          Ive shot over 50k on both my d90 and my old d40x and they shot feel like shit at that point. Everything processes slower, the AF sensors slow down.

So yeah the shutter will work until 150k but unless its a pro body its just not gonna work well. I shot a wedding this past weekend and borrowed a minty d80 and i prefered it over the d90 becuase everything just seemed really solid.

I Buy most of lenses and other gear used but I only buy bodies new/near new.

Comment

about vintage lenses. i dont know a lot, but i here a lot of people commenting on how the newer glass is better sharper than older so i dont think its a good idea. with new IS or VR they just keep getting better even my 28-135mm has an early gen IS and it makes a world of difference, especially since i have no ISO room to work with.

this is one reason to buy newer lenses.

"Canon rates the Canon EF 70-200mm f/2.8 L IS II USM Lens' IS system for 4-stops of assistance. Testing showed that I need a shutter speed of 1/80 to get a high percentage of sharp 70mm images with this lens. Turn on IS and my shutter speed requirement drops to about 1/4 second which is slightly better than 4 stops of help. At 200mm, my shutter speed requirements are 1/160-1/200 without IS and 1/15-1/20 with IS which is between 3 and 4 stops of help."

Is the Canon EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II USM Lens right for you? Learn all you need to know in The-Digital-Picture.com's review!

Micheal J Fox could get sharp images with that lense!

Comment

give some criticism

OR

Comment

Definitely the darker one.

Could have used another few seconds of exposure to get rid of stops/starts of light trails. Also a lower ISO could open up the aperture and keep the 'stars' off of the lights.

Comment

Originally posted by KennyT View Post

Definitely the darker one.

Could have used another few seconds of exposure to get rid of stops/starts of light trails. Also a lower ISO could open up the aperture and keep the 'stars' off of the lights.
                  thanks i just took the blue out of it so it turned it white. the wall really was reflective.

and i agree about the bridge unfortunately my ISO was 100, my cam was erroring when i was taking this shot and that's the one that came out. i need a new body

Comment

Try a firmware upgrade. Sometimes things magically work after it. Damn good photo though.

Comment

Originally posted by KennyT View Post
                      Try a firmware upgrade. Sometimes things magically work after it. Damn good photo though.
                      thanks. my 10d is from 04 and its up to date should i try redoing it?

Comment

Hmm, it could just be wear and tear on the body.

Comment

color version

WU TANG!

Comment

Great photos! I love the one on the bridge. What is the shutter speed and f stop of that one?

Also,

Originally posted by cabriodster87
                            "Honey? What color is this wire? Is it the same as that one? Are you sure? I don't believe it. OK, it works. Thank you sweetie."
                            Originally posted by Kershaw
                            i've got a boner and a desire to speed.

Comment

Lol there is a "no u turn sign" on the bridge

Comment

Originally posted by 5Toes View Post
                                So 10,000 is like nothing. Alright.

Do any of you guys shoot vintage lenses?
                                sometimes it is fun to shoot with older lenses, and you can often get some good deals on them if you check craigslist. for $35 i bought an 80's nikon film camera with a 50mm f/1.8 Ai-S lens with perfect glass. It is manual focus, but maybe it will come in handy if i want to get artsy.

That's the great thing about Nikon - you can mount almost any lens they've made over the last 50 years to your new camera. Canon changed their lens mount so there isn't really such a thing as a "vintage lens" for them, at least not when using current digital bodies.

oh, and i just crossed over 20k clicks on the shutter on my D300s last weekend. I've owned the camera for 13 months.
                                http://instagram.com/dslovn.drives

Comment

Working...
                                X