This is Photography

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ayman View Post
    anyone adapt old slr lenses to their dslr? It's pretty neat. Didn't try composing this shot or anything, it was experimental. Any editing was just light correction.

I use some of my old (and I do mean old) SLR lenses from time to time. I have an awesome ISCO F2.8 180mm lens that I shoot on special occasion. It weighs about 7 lbs. When I used it on my Nikon F4S with a motordrive, the whole package was pushing 10 lbs. I've also got a 135 F3.5 and a 50mm F1.4 lens that date back to the 60s. They don't fit well on the body and don't meter correctly, but I can guess pretty well and go from there. The optics are really good on all three.

Will
    '59 Alfa Romeo 101.02 Giulietta Sprint
    '69 Alfa Romeo 105.51 1750 GTV (R.I.P)
    '69 Datsun 2000 roadster Vintage race car
    '88 BMW M3

Comment

Anyone have any tips on taking pictures of solar panels on houses. I have an opportunity to make a little extra cash, but as a mostly nature photographer this has me stumped??
      sigpic

Originally Said by Bob Marley
      "BMW make pure trouble!"

Comment

some examples from the first three houses:

sigpic

"BMW make pure trouble!"

Comment

Originally posted by Ayman View Post
          anyone adapt old slr lenses to their dslr? It's pretty neat.

Yep. I shoot with a Canon 7d that is converted to use the old Minolta manual focus lenses. Prime lens <3

IMG_4534 by mattrides, on Flickr

This is a recent photo straight from the camera using a 28mm 2.8f Definitely the "turd" of my collection. No filters or artificial/reflected light were used either.
          sigpic

A man chooses, a slave obeys... Would you kindly?

Comment

Just off the top of my head a CPL to cut the glare, and try about a 6 stop Neutral density filter to increase your exposure time to get the saturation levels you want.

Or a HDR might be more the way to go with it, just be careful not to "over cook" them in Post, its way too easy too do with a HDR
            Originally posted by Fusion
            If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
            The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
            William Pitt-

Comment

Thanks SLeeve, CPL is a great idea for the glare. I will have to pick one up.
              sigpic

"BMW make pure trouble!"

Comment

DOnt Skimp on the CPL quality, get a GOOD ONE. I prefer B+W KSM/MRC's now that I have a couple. But the Good mid to upper range Kenco's and Hoya's are good stuff too. Hell even the Premium Promasters are not that bad as well
                If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
                The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
                William Pitt-

Comment

Those are no joke, I was at best Buy looking at them for 20 bucks. These are upwards $45-80. I get it though, don't skimp on quality.
                  sigpic

"BMW make pure trouble!"

Comment

Why have decent glass, then put a SHITTY filter in front of that, you just negate the whole point of having decent glass that way... One of the reasons I DONT BELIEVE in U/V filters. I almost ALWAYS have a CPL on my glass anyway.

The KSM/MRC 46mm CPL for my Olympus 17mm F1.8, was 98 bucks form a discount seller on Amazon. WORTH EVERY PENNY over the mid range 5X dollar Hoya I had before

William Pitt-

Comment

^^^ keh.com

If I recall correctly I paid $25 for a 2 stop neutral density filter, and about the same for a polarizing filter (55mm). Both quality German made filters that probably were $100 a piece new.
                      sigpic

A man chooses, a slave obeys... Would you kindly?

Comment

^ heard good things about that site.

My searches led me to a marimuya (totally wrong spelling...) CPL filter for a reasonable price in 77mm. Awesome tool to have.
                        Originally posted by z31maniac
                        I just hate everyone.

No need for discretion.

Comment

A good ole cell phone pic (Moto Razr Maxx) but this is my youngest son (9) and he is having a blast autoxing with me.

This was taken with a Cannon Rebel X, this is me on course.

1987 325i LeChump: H&R Race springs, weight reduction and beat to hell

2005 Mazda RX8: Koni Yellows, Hotchkis FSB, 245 BFG Rivals RTR #11

2011 Mazda CX7 Sport: The family truckster

2001 Buick Park Ave: The DD grandpamobile

1991 Ford F150 XLT 302: camping/towing

Comment

one benfit it being hotter than hell up here is that even with NO clouds sun sets can be......... How shall we say dramatic

Welcome to Kalispell MT. Well a couple of miles south of town anyway.

I have some more I will get posted up in the next few days of highlights from the last few days.

William Pitt-

Comment

Here are a couple pics using an old telephoto lens on my 5D.

sigpic
                              TRANSACTION FEEDBACK HERE
                              FOR SALE ITEMS HERE

Comment

Here's some of my shots- Canon AE-1

私は日本語を話すことができない

Comment

Working...
                                X