No announcement yet.

This is Photography

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was going to do the trek to Norway for Gatebil this weekend but decided to keep saving towards the new car. So instead I went to a local car show where this turned up!

Oh and my cat! :D

Comment

about to buy a 60d....

any thoughts/advice?

Comment

New ???

Wait the 70d has been announced and is expected in the market place late summer to fall time.

What are you going to be shooting with it mostly and do you already have any glass already
        Originally posted by Fusion
        If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
        The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
        William Pitt-

Comment

Originally posted by mrsleeve View Post
          New ???

Wait the 70d has been announced and is expected in the market place late summer to fall time.

What are you going to be shooting with it mostly and do you already have any glass already
          I don't really have any nice glass.

Old kit lens
          Tele sigma lens
          Some old fd lens I use with an adapter.

I was going to buy new and just make payments.

What I shoot:

Cars, drifting, skateboarding, occasional landscape, long exposure night shooting, and some other experimental photography.

But when the 70d comes out it will probably be priced a lot higher.

Only reason I'm buying new is so I can finance it with best buy or a similar store. No interest for like 18 months with a small monthly payment.

Any input? Better place to buy? Anything helps really!
          Thanks.

Comment

Well the A/F system is a new Dual Pixel Phase detection which will prolly suit you well for Action shooting. Price wise, expected release pricing is putting the 70D body only at about the same current price as 60d with kit glass... at 1199

What do you have currently for a body, you might consider putting your efforts into glass 1st to improve your results. That said for about the same money if you can come up with all of the cash at one time a nice used 5dmkII or if you want to stick with the crop sensor a nice used 7D as well can be had...

During the early days of digital SLRs, Canon was pretty much the undisputed leader in CMOS image sensor technology. Almost every new EOS model came with an increase in resolution and high ISO range, and when the EOS 7D appeared in late 2009, the company had progressed from 3MP to 18MP, and ISO 1600 to ISO 12800, in just over nine years. But since then Canon's APS-C cameras have all sported variants on the same basic sensor design, to the extent that you could be forgiven for wondering what on earth their engineers were doing all day. Now we know.
            If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
            The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
            William Pitt-

Comment

Well the A/F system is a new Dual Pixel Phase detection which will prolly suit you well for Action shooting. Price wise, expected release pricing is putting the 70D body only at about the same current price as 60d with kit glass... at 1199

What do you have currently for a body, you might consider putting your efforts into glass 1st to improve your results. That said for about the same money if you can come up with all of the cash at one time a nice used 5dmkII or if you want to stick with the crop sensor a nice used 7D as well can be had...

http://www.dpreview.com/previews/canon-eos-70d
              I'm currently using a rebel xt I was given to by my girlfriend when I bought her a t2i for her birthday. It's a pretty limiting camera in quality and functions... I really want something with better imagery but the video feature that the 60d has also appeals to me a lot. I want video capabilities as well.

Comment

well in that case yeah you need a new body.

60d is a good body, for sure, but if you really want new and can hold out for a little bit, the 70d might be a little more suited to your wants as the video capability should be improved a bit over the 60d. The only thing I see that I dont really like is its use of SD cards over Compact Flash memory.
                Last edited by mrsleeve; 07-14-2013, 06:16 PM.

William Pitt-

Comment

What is the disadvantage of SD over CF? I have the Canon T3 which uses the SD.
                  sigpic

Originally Said by Bob Marley
                  "BMW make pure trouble!"

Comment

CF has a faster write speed, and when you are shooting in burst modes or long exposures with CF memory it will clear the buffer faster. For most practical intents and purposes your not going to notice the difference unless your shooting lots of fast paced shit in burst mode all the time. CF are available in up to 64gb of capacity and last I knew compatible SD up to 32gb. Though since this is a NEW body it should be compatible with the 64gb SD as well

My OMD works off SD and will shoot at 9.x FPS and I have never had a issue with it. Personally though if I am paying a grand plus for a Large body DSLR (not a small mirriorless) where there is room for a CF card or even 2 of them for redundant memory capacity, I want the faster read write speed. Its one of my hang ups with the consideration of a 6d is the use of SD Vs CF in a 1700 dollar body. Though to get a new FF from canon with CF you have to jump up to a 5dmkIII which is another grand.

For me 99.5% if the time I would not matter, as I am landscape and bigger wild life guy not fast moving sports, events or birder so the read write speed to me is not that big of deal, other than a personal hang up.

William Pitt-

Comment

well in that case yeah you need a new body.

60d is a good body, for sure, but if you really want new and can hold out for a little bit, the 70d might be a little more suited to your wants as the video capability should be improved a bit over the 60d. The only thing I see that I dont really like is its use of SD cards over Compact Flash memory.
                      well ive got time, i was planning on making the buy this fall or winter when i get back to working regularly, ive been out because of a broken leg :/

who knows by then the 70d might be out, then i can compare and chose.

thanks for the help sleeve.

Comment

The thing is if your going to wait that long as well you might be able to pick up a new old stock 60d on a close out during the change over for a killer price too

William Pitt-

Comment

I've found that the higher end class 10 SD cards write faster than the cheap ones. It only seems to be an issue when I'm shooting really really long exposures. The burst shots start to bog down a bit, but I've found that I never shoot burst high speed. I just haven't found a need for it. The camera also has something to do with it. I shoot a Nikon D300 about once a month and it doesn't clear its buffer as fast as my D7000. (Again, shooting burst at high speed is rarely needed.) That said, when I do shoot in high speed burst and it bogs down, its annoying and frustrating.

Will
                          '59 Alfa Romeo 101.02 Giulietta Sprint
                          '69 Alfa Romeo 105.51 1750 GTV (R.I.P)
                          '69 Datsun 2000 roadster Vintage race car
                          '88 BMW M3

Comment

The thing is if your going to wait that long as well you might be able to pick up a new old stock 60d on a close out during the change over for a killer price too
                            damn.

i was about to buy one from best buy for 1k.
                            it would come out to like $55-60 a month for 18 months with no interest.

i wonder if best buy will have a good close out on it, i kinda doubt it seeing that there still selling HDMI cables for like $60-100 dollars...... lmao.

Comment

Originally posted by BlackbirdM3 View Post
                              I've found that the higher end class 10 SD cards write faster than the cheap ones. It only seems to be an issue when I'm shooting really really long exposures. The burst shots start to bog down a bit, but I've found that I never shoot burst high speed. I just haven't found a need for it. The camera also has something to do with it. I shoot a Nikon D300 about once a month and it doesn't clear its buffer as fast as my D7000. (Again, shooting burst at high speed is rarely needed.) That said, when I do shoot in high speed burst and it bogs down, its annoying and frustrating.

Will
                              i think i remember that when we were out in the richmond marina taking photos of that naval ship.

your camera had to buffer after every shot.

Comment

With long exposures your going to have a buffer time of close to the exposure time anyway. At least thats been my experience anyway.

I suppose I should post a pic now

straight outta my little Oly

William Pitt-

Comment

Working...
                                X