Uh always turn image stabilization off when youre on a tripod

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk 2
    92 325ic 5 speed, hard top, windscreen, 133k, for sale
    sigpic

Comment

No tripod used in any of my pics- I don't even have a lens w/IS

Follow my IG @bouchezphotography

Comment

Note to self, go process that film sitting in your closet...

q by mattrides, on Flickr

Untitled-Scanned-11 by mattrides, on Flickr

Untitled-Scanned-02 by mattrides, on Flickr
        sigpic

A man chooses, a slave obeys... Would you kindly?

Comment

So cut a long story short. My 60d died. I pulled it apart and replaced 2 mother boards in it. It works now but has focusing issue. Both these images are focused on the face of the block.

When I use standard AF focus

When using pixel focus AKA taking photos with the LCD screen

As you can see when using AF with the points it seems to focus slightly short

Now it is not lens because this happens on all my lenses. I assume this requires the 60D to be calibrated. Can this be done by my self or dose it have to go to a canon center?
          sigpic

Comment

DSC04515 by ClaytonWarrin, on Flickr

Comment

Massimo, from week one I've hated my 60d. i've had it 2 years and 18000 photos. the AF is 100% crap, the pics are grainy even at iso400 or less. it cant ever focus on AF with my 50 f/1.4 when i have it wide open. if i dont shoot in manual or center only it never gets an infocus pic. i've already sent it back once for repairs.
              Much wow
              I hate 4 doors

Comment

Originally posted by Cabriolet View Post
                Massimo, from week one I've hated my 60d. i've had it 2 years and 18000 photos. the AF is 100% crap, the pics are grainy even at iso400 or less. it cant ever focus on AF with my 50 f/1.4 when i have it wide open. if i dont shoot in manual or center only it never gets an infocus pic. i've already sent it back once for repairs.
                Yeh I have picked up on that as well. I really want a 6D but can not afford that as of yet so the 60D is staying with me a bit longer. I will be sending it off to canon I think to caliberate it.

cheers
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by mrsleeve View Post
                  if your shooting from a tripod there is your problem, because the Image stabilization is still hunting even though its stationary. Try your tirpod shots with the VR/IS off, I assume your using a release or shutter timer right.
                  I did not know that. Next time I definitely will. Also, yes, I always use a timer, though I did just pick up a wireless remote for $10 from Walmart...lol Thing works quite well actually.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Massimo View Post
                      Yeh I have picked up on that as well. I really want a 6D but can not afford that as of yet so the 60D is staying with me a bit longer. I will be sending it off to canon I think to caliberate it.

cheers
                      I havent got to play much with mine yet but you will love the 6D when you acquire it.

I know you guys are waiting for samples and a review, but I am working 14-17 hour days 7 days a week right now...............
                      Originally posted by Fusion
                      If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
                      The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
                      William Pitt-

Comment

I have my eyes on a 6D... I need some $$ for a 100 macro IS first

Comment

Need euro parts? Send me a PM.

Comment

What Lens, tell me NAO!
                            1989 BMW 325is | 2019 Ford Ranger FX4
                            willschnitz

Comment

Originally posted by Massimo View Post

cheers
                              the 6D has the same focus system. i would avoid both. also sent my 60d in for re-calibration and it didn't get any better
                              Much wow
                              I hate 4 doors

Comment

Ummm I assume your meaning they both use phase detection right..... because you seem to be a bit mistaken with that statement

As the 6D A/F system is much closer to that of the 5D Mk2 (nearly identical in fact other than increased functionality at lower light and a bit quicker locks) than that of the 60d which shares the same A/F system with the 40d and 50d. The 60d has 9 A/F points and the 6D has 11 with -3 - +18 ev working light level range Vs the -.5 - +18 Ev of the 60d. The central dual cross point AF point only works on the 60d when you have F2.8 or faster lens mounted other wise its still just a standard single cross point detector. On the 6D the Dual cross point central point works when a f5.6 lens or faster is mounted. They share a similar A/F system but definitely not the same, to get anything any better you have to jump to a 5d Mk3 or a 1Ds with the 61 Point 5 dual cross point focal systems

Your issues may not be with the body, but with the lenses, you might want to have BOTH items calibrated to each other at the same time to fix your issues
                                Last edited by mrsleeve; 08-11-2013, 11:04 AM.
                                Originally posted by Fusion
                                If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
                                The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
                                William Pitt-

Comment

Working...
                                X