No announcement yet.

This is Photography

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I enjoy black and white, though I dont do it nearly as much as I should. I have been toying with getting my old olympus EP-1 high pass filters removed and shooting IR with it.

I have posted these before I think, but a couple of my better B&W

Originally posted by Fusion
    If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
    The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
    William Pitt-

Comment

This is one of my better photos that I've shot lately. Really need to go through the rest of my photos from my trip to Washington and Oregon.

cityscape of Seattle by m_colby, on Flickr

Flickr

@michael.colby on Instagram

"All he needed was a wheel in his hand and four on the road"

Comment

While I wait for my 24-105L to arrive, here are some more photos from my Trip to The PNW. Going through these photos is making me want to move out there so much more.

Know your bears by m_colby, on Flickr

Lake Coeur d'Alene by m_colby, on Flickr

The Great Wheel by m_colby, on Flickr

Spirit of Seattle by m_colby, on Flickr

Docked by m_colby, on Flickr

Catwalk by m_colby, on Flickr

The Needle by m_colby, on Flickr

Flickr

@michael.colby on Instagram

"All he needed was a wheel in his hand and four on the road"

Comment

Originally posted by mrsleeve View Post
          I enjoy black and white, though I dont do it nearly as much as I should. I have been toying with getting my old olympus EP-1 high pass filters removed and shooting IR with it.

I have posted these before I think, but a couple of my better B&W
          Your B+W style is great! I'm trying to improve on mine but for me its a slow process cause I'm still focused on what the scene looks like in colour.

IR photos are also something of an interest to me. I love how the scenes look so alien yet familiar.

Here are a couple from one of my latest outings, no B+W's I did some long exposures too on the same day but screwed them up cause I forgot about closing up the eyepiece and let stray light in... silly me

I added the links to their relevant 500px pages if you are interested in the settings/stuff I used in the shots and a bit of background on the day.

Cheers,
          Crayon
          sigpic

Comment

Did some studio type work with my friend the other day. Photos came out great!

Also, my first attempt at a video, shot it with my 7D and the canon 50mm prime. I think I'm going to order up a cine lens and try doing this more, its so much fun!

https://vimeo.com/80113247
            Now look, I am not evil. My loan officer said so.

Comment

anyone selling any gear?

im looking to upgrade from my very outdated rebel XT

Comment

I think I will prolly sell off my 40d here before too long, though not 100% of that yet
                Originally posted by Fusion
                If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
                The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
                William Pitt-

Comment

Sleeve,

Hows that 6d treating you so far? Have a buddy who wants one.
                  sigpic

Comment

Any more pics thearkitekt? Looks great and a very beautiful subject indeed. Cool video too!

Comment

Originally posted by Nsquared97 View Post
                      Any more pics thearkitekt? Looks great and a very beautiful subject indeed. Cool video too!
                      none finished of her, my partner did get to shoot a maxim model over the weekend so ill be sure to post those up soon

Comment

A long time ago I shelled out a fair bit of cash on a lighting setup, after 12 weeks it arrived!

I've only been out for a couple of test shots and it seems to be pretty good! I couldn't really move the left hand light further around the car because I didn't fancy it being hit by a cyclist or a car!

A badly edited rig shot

And an old shot from last years Gatebil. I booked the time off work for next years event, I'm pretty annoyed at myself for not going this year!

Comment

A little night photography in the Boise, ID. I opted not to edit any of the photos. They were shot with a Nikon D5100. I wasn't particularly happy with any of them.

Comment

Originally posted by Cook View Post
                            A long time ago I shelled out a fair bit of cash on a lighting setup, after 12 weeks it arrived!

I've only been out for a couple of test shots and it seems to be pretty good! I couldn't really move the left hand light further around the car because I didn't fancy it being hit by a cyclist or a car!
                            what light setup is that?

Comment

Originally posted by thearkitekt View Post
                              what light setup is that?
                              Lencarta Safari Li-on.

Comment

Cool pics guys, you are making me feel bad for not getting out more.
                                sigpic
                                TRANSACTION FEEDBACK HERE
                                FOR SALE ITEMS HERE

Comment

Working...
                                X