X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cook View Post
    Lencarta Safari Li-on.
    Nice

I have a Elinchrom setup for when I need real power.
    sigpic

Comment

A long exposure from last week, I remembered this time to cover/close the eyepiece so no stray light would get in. I used a Lee 'Big Stopper' and a Lee 0.6 Soft GND to allow for the extended exposure before sunrise.
      The rest of the settings are in the link if you're interested.

sigpic

Comment

The wife said "Let's go shoot some pictures" and I wasn't going to say no

Dustin Wark | Instagram tumblrFlickr

Comment

NICE I really need to get big stopper. I love the longer exposures but hate have to stop down the aperture to do it
          Originally posted by Fusion
          If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
          The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
          William Pitt-

Comment

Originally posted by brutus87 View Post
            Sleeve,

Hows that 6d treating you so far? Have a buddy who wants one.
            Shit I missed this. I really have not had much time to play with it and even get a solid feel for it yet I have maybe 350 clicks on it (nothing of note to shoot where I have been since I got and this last job frowned highly on cameras on the job let alone wiping out a 6d with a long piece of glass on the end of it). Its great for what I have been able to play with it though thats for sure. I am on my home as we speak, if this winter storm does not get in the way too much I will go hit some spots up and get some thing worth shooting. Or see how all these okies do drivin in the snow and ice since I am Tulsa for the 1st big winter event of the season ;)
            Originally posted by Fusion
            If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
            The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
            William Pitt-

Comment

Anyone have a Tokina 11-16mm? If so, care to share some shots? I'm looking to buy one.
              "We praise or find fault, depending on which of the two provides more opportunity for our powers of judgement to shine."

Comment

Originally posted by almostacrayon View Post
                A long exposure from last week, I remembered this time to cover/close the eyepiece so no stray light would get in. I used a Lee 'Big Stopper' and a Lee 0.6 Soft GND to allow for the extended exposure before sunrise.
                The rest of the settings are in the link if you're interested.

http://500px.com/photo/53897870
                these photos you posted are really awesome. how many stops is the big stopper filter? looks crazy dark.

Originally posted by Turf1600 View Post
                Anyone have a Tokina 11-16mm? If so, care to share some shots? I'm looking to buy one.
                hey there pat. sounds like that slr has been getting some use. are you happy with the lens you purchased?

that tokina is the wide angle zoom to get. there is nothing better in its price range.
                sigpic
                Gigitty Gigitty!!!!

88 cabrio becoming alpina b6 3.5s transplanted s62
                92 Mtech 2 cabrio alpinweiss 770 code
                88 325ix coupe manual lachsilber/cardinal
                88 325ix coupe manual diamondschwartz/natur
                87 e30 m3 for parts lachsilber/cardinal(serial number 7)
                12 135i M sport cabrio grey/black

Comment

Originally posted by flyboyx View Post
                  hey there pat. sounds like that slr has been getting some use. are you happy with the lens you purchased?

that tokina is the wide angle zoom to get. there is nothing better in its price range.
                  Yes it has been great. I'm happy with my purchase. I bought a zoom lens that I don't use though. That's when I realized that I find myself in situations where a wide angle is far more useful than a telephoto. I'm going to keep the 70-200mm in the bag but I seriously have not used it once. My kit lens is in a much more usable range for me.

I'm also considering a 35mm f1.8. The guy that shot my wedding used one on my body and it was great. That's not nearly as much $$$ as the Tokina so I'm not as worried about it, though.

Thanks for the info on the Tokina. That's the impression that I got but people are crazy out there.
                  "We praise or find fault, depending on which of the two provides more opportunity for our powers of judgement to shine."

Comment

Originally posted by flyboyx View Post
                    these photos you posted are really awesome. how many stops is the big stopper filter? looks crazy dark.
                    Thanks mate :) I'm happy you like them!!

The Big stopper is equivalent to ~10 stops of light reduction.
                    I also have a B+W ND110 filter which also is equal to 10 stops. I wonder if I stacked them what it would look like...
                    sigpic

Comment

Yes it has been great. I'm happy with my purchase. I bought a zoom lens that I don't use though. That's when I realized that I find myself in situations where a wide angle is far more useful than a telephoto. I'm going to keep the 70-200mm in the bag but I seriously have not used it once. My kit lens is in a much more usable range for me.

I'm also considering a 35mm f1.8. The guy that shot my wedding used one on my body and it was great. That's not nearly as much $$$ as the Tokina so I'm not as worried about it, though.

Thanks for the info on the Tokina. That's the impression that I got but people are crazy out there.

i just purchased a canon sl1 a coupe weeks ago. i chose that model because it is really small and easy to carry around while i'm on the road. the lens i chose was the sigma 18-250. you might consider selling your factory lenses and look closely at that model. i am thrilled with it, its very small size, and the fact that i only have to carry one lens instead of two "kit" lenses. i agree that for the type of pix i shoot, the wide is much more useful. i rented that tokina and was very pleased with it. i am thinking to pick up a manual focus 8mm fisheye too.
                      sigpic
                      Gigitty Gigitty!!!!

88 cabrio becoming alpina b6 3.5s transplanted s62
                      92 Mtech 2 cabrio alpinweiss 770 code
                      88 325ix coupe manual lachsilber/cardinal
                      88 325ix coupe manual diamondschwartz/natur
                      87 e30 m3 for parts lachsilber/cardinal(serial number 7)
                      12 135i M sport cabrio grey/black

Comment

Lorin

Originally posted by slammin.e28
                        The M30 is God's engine.

Comment

Does this count, even though photoshop/composite :)

The image:

and layer build up:

http://handsomeandphilthy.com/comp/
                          Flickr

Comment

You are talented^ I wish I had your skills
                            Follow my IG @bouchezphotography

Comment

I have one, LOVE IT.
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by mrsleeve View Post
                                Shit I missed this. I really have not had much time to play with it and even get a solid feel for it yet I have maybe 350 clicks on it (nothing of note to shoot where I have been since I got and this last job frowned highly on cameras on the job let alone wiping out a 6d with a long piece of glass on the end of it). Its great for what I have been able to play with it though thats for sure. I am on my home as we speak, if this winter storm does not get in the way too much I will go hit some spots up and get some thing worth shooting. Or see how all these okies do drivin in the snow and ice since I am Tulsa for the 1st big winter event of the season ;)
                                Awesome!
                                He got a great deal on black friday, Im jealous!
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X