No announcement yet.

This is Photography

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I figure I should probably post up some pics, feel free to critique them. I shoot a lot of random stuff.
    Just playing with my 50mm 1.8

IMG_0055 copy by m_colby, on Flickr

My buddies freshly built Raleigh Macaframa

IMG_0572edit by m_colby, on Flickr

IMG_0561edit by m_colby, on Flickr

A shot from my an engagement shoot I did for some friends

IMG_0144edit by m_colby, on Flickr

Shots from Eurowerks 2010

IMG_0050edit by m_colby, on Flickr

IMG_0013edit by m_colby, on Flickr

Flickr

@michael.colby on Instagram

"All he needed was a wheel in his hand and four on the road"

Comment

Sweet chirper!

One I took today.

Barn reflect by izthistaken, on Flickr
      -Matt

http://www.facebook.com/MatthewTrombleyPhotography

1990 325i
      1999 FRC

Flickr

Comment

Thought you guys might get a kick out of this
        Originally posted by cabriodster87
        "Honey? What color is this wire? Is it the same as that one? Are you sure? I don't believe it. OK, it works. Thank you sweetie."
        Originally posted by Kershaw
        i've got a boner and a desire to speed.

Comment

Another. No my house number is not like that

Comment

Originally posted by VicSkimmr View Post
            Do you post here? I love this thread it's my favorite kind of photography

Originally posted by izthistaken View Post
            Sweet chirper!

One I took today.

Barn reflect by izthistaken, on Flickr
            Thats a really sick photo. If I were to critique it I would say try and make another version without the vignette and a little "less is more" mentality. But if that's your style then it's still sick, what do you think?

Originally posted by 5Toes View Post

Another. No my house number is not like that
            You've got to ask yourself what several questions when taking the picture and then when editing them. Obviously the technical shit is one aspect but another
            thing is composition what is the the photo of? What part of the frame doesn't help the overall image, is there distractions, can I crop the distractions out? I understand that you are new and still having fun with Photoshop. That adress is the least pleasing thing in the picture in my opinion. Maybe you and the bird should be saturated? Just practice good technics and you won't developed bad habitts. Im gonna take my own addvice next time I go shoot, I haven't been really analyzing my photos in the view finder enough and when i get home and really take some time i see my mistakes but by then its to late.If you have time then make it count pretend you don't have a 16gb card maybe you have 24 shots. With sports you don't have as much time to so it needs to be second nature.
            Last edited by T Verdier; 04-06-2011, 09:39 PM.

Comment

You are right. And yes I was just having fun with the editing.

Having the bird saturated would be better. Ill try that, next time. Haha I keep forgetting to save the photoshop files of the pictures, with the layers, etc.

Comment

Yeah, the sky was super flat so all the crap I did was bringing the vignette in. I agree though.

5toes, stop color selecting. It's never appealing. Just shoot a picture and think about what it looks like and how it would look w/ a certain edit on it. Every picture I take, when I click the shutter, I usually have an idea of what my final image will look like once I pp it. Even if it is something way over edited. I like subtle edits, I like over the top sometimes, but I DO like gritty, grungy edits. W/ that being said, find a style and ask people how they edit or go on youtube and look up stuff. Everyone starting out thinks all the same stuff is cool in a certain order. I'm just trying to make you skip that part. :)
                -Matt

1990 325i
                1999 FRC

Flickr

Comment

Thanks bud

Comment

Seriously though. Go to www.photography-on-the.net/forum if you want to learn endless amounts of info! Good luck!
                    -Matt

1990 325i
                    1999 FRC

Flickr

Comment

Originally posted by izthistaken View Post
                      Everyone starting out thinks all the same stuff is cool in a certain order. I'm just trying to make you skip that part. :)
                      Oh my god. This is so true. I think it continues through all the levels until you reach awesome status.

Bokeh gets really cool. Then the whole strobing thing. I think I'm somewhere in that stage right now. Must SKIP ahhh

I remember the look at me shoot a macro picture of my keys and dog and everything else in my house b/c I own a DSLR phase.
                      Originally posted by z31maniac
                      I just hate everyone.

No need for discretion.

Comment

:borg:

Comment

Originally posted by 87e30 View Post
                          Oh my god. This is so true. I think it continues through all the levels until you reach awesome status.

Bokeh gets really cool. Then the whole strobing thing. I think I'm somewhere in that stage right now. Must SKIP ahhh

I remember the look at me shoot a macro picture of my keys and dog and everything else in my house b/c I own a DSLR phase.
                          Bokeh and strobing will always be cool. The macro and dog phase thing. I still do it..mostly because I'm lazy and don't want to pull out my lights or be creative. Shhhh
                          -Matt

1990 325i
                          1999 FRC

Flickr

Comment

Originally posted by 87e30 View Post

I present you:
                            Jason
                            flickr

Comment

Originally posted by T Verdier View Post
                              Do you post here? I love this thread it's my favorite kind of photography

Thats a really sick photo. If I were to critique it I would say try and make another version without the vignette and a little "less is more" mentality. But if that's your style then it's still sick, what do you think?
                              There's actually no vignette, all I did was increase contrast a bit and add a hair of sharpening. It's a transformer box that was in a wildfire. It used to be that green color near the lock all over.

This guy is a master of parallels

I do post on POTN a bit, it's a great resource :)
                              Jason
                              flickr

Comment

Haha that graph doesnt follow me perfectly, we have had a tripod for years when we first got the camera. Anyways, atleast I understand how manual mode works, not a dumb kid on auto

Comment

Working...
                                X