No announcement yet.

This is Photography

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I love that graph. Someone tagged me in that on Facebook a while back. I should print it out and carry it with me. I don't think there are enough 'I suck's on there though. lol
    -Matt

http://www.facebook.com/MatthewTrombleyPhotography

1990 325i
    1999 FRC

Flickr

Comment

Always a good graph.

Hmmm, if I venture over to potn then I'll want to switch to canon. ugh. So hard to with hold a full frame camera for under 1000 dollars.

And the reason I say bokeh gets old... is because I rarely see it in anything commercial or paid.
      Originally posted by z31maniac
      I just hate everyone.

No need for discretion.

Comment

Yeah im trying so hard to wait until i can snag a d700 for under a grand once they drop the new stuff. The 5d is so tempting.

Comment

Originally posted by VicSkimmr View Post
          Are you using a filter for you outdoor shots? I love the tone in this and many of you rolling shots! I feel many of mine come out very harsh feeling.

Cheers,
          Chris
          E30 325i 24v, E36 M3/4/5, MK2 GLI 16v, NA8 Miata
          Prestige Auto Repair
          Mercedes-Benz|BMW|MINI
          prestigegermanrepair.com

Comment

Originally posted by Pussy30 View Post
            Yeah im trying so hard to wait until i can snag a d700 for under a grand once they drop the new stuff. The 5d is so tempting.
            Yeah, but even after new cams then the d700 won't drop to anything less than 1500 I don't think, if it drops that much at all. Rumors say the replacement will be around 3000.

5d is so tempting... ah but 3fps... really??? I don't know if I can do it.

Plus canon has so much glass that nikon is lacking. Nikon is $$$.
            Originally posted by z31maniac
            I just hate everyone.

No need for discretion.

Comment

Originally posted by red911turbo View Post
              Are you using a filter for you outdoor shots? I love the tone in this and many of you rolling shots! I feel many of mine come out very harsh feeling.

Cheers,
              Chris
              I do, but most of that was done in post. I typically use a circular polarizing filter on my wide angle lens, but I've never been able to get the effect that most people seem to be able to.

In that shot I did the following post work.
              1. White balance adjustment
              2. desaturated the whole shot
              3. selectively brightened the reds a bit
              4. added a graduated neutral density filter to both the top and bottom of the pic to help draw the eye to the subject
              5. bumped the contrast a bit for mood
              6. cropped to 16x9

It also helped that it was partly overcast that day (never happens here) so I got some softer light than I normally would since it was the middle of the day.

You boys know you want to go Canon :p
              Jason
              flickr

Comment

Originally posted by VicSkimmr View Post
                There's actually no vignette, all I did was increase contrast a bit and add a hair of sharpening. It's a transformer box that was in a wildfire. It used to be that green color near the lock all over.

This guy is a master of parallels

I do post on POTN a bit, it's a great resource
                hat was a coment for izthistaken.

i like that parallel guy though

Originally posted by Pussy30 View Post
                Originally posted by 87e30 View Post

5d is so tempting... ah but 3fps... really??? I don't know if I can do it.
                yeah thats exactly why my friend is waiting for the mark3 he said if it has 6fps or more he will buy it. honestly my 7d is fantastic. 8fps is really fun for shooting sports. aps-c sensor though.

Comment

Did a test shoot with my newest model last night *snicker*..

She's about 3 months..

Who doesn't love a little BBQ?
                  Griot's Garage at a Deep Discount

Comment

Originally posted by T Verdier View Post
                    hat was a coment for izthistaken.
                    oh my bad
                    Jason
                    flickr

Comment

Canon does seem ahead. I just love Nikon though, dont know why

Comment

I tried to vignette the bird a little

Comment

Is that a pet bird or a prop?

WTB: e30 in So Cal

Originally posted by downernsp
                          See I was young too but wtf is up with these perves that know damb well they are manipullating females wiyh all their promises and words.

Comment

You tried to do what? Vignette affects the edges of the photo, not the center.

Comment

No vignetting is something else - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vignetting

And it is a wild bird. It hit our window and got stunned. So he allowed us to pick him up

Comment

Originally posted by 5Toes View Post
                                Canon does seem ahead. I just love Nikon though, dont know why
                                ahead of what?

Originally posted by 5Toes View Post
                                No vignetting is something else - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vignetting

And it is a wild bird. It hit our window and got stunned. So he allowed us to pick him up
                                You add vignetting to the edges to draw attention to the center. You don't vignett the subject.

Comment

Working...
                                X