No announcement yet.

This is Photography

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

had a good day for water features and got to play with my new filter a little bit

Originally posted by Fusion
    If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
    The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
    William Pitt-

Comment

Got the right idea with the shutter speed there.

Looking good!
      Originally posted by z31maniac
      I just hate everyone.

No need for discretion.

Comment

Took some shots around my shop today

Lugnuts by drifterpenguin, on Flickr

This one seems a little dark to me, not sure if it doesnt need more ps time

ITBs by drifterpenguin, on Flickr
        Now look, I am not evil. My loan officer said so.

Comment

Comment

Just got this today. Sigma 28mm f/1.8.

Can't wait to get it outside.
            Originally posted by cabriodster87
            "Honey? What color is this wire? Is it the same as that one? Are you sure? I don't believe it. OK, it works. Thank you sweetie."
            Originally posted by Kershaw
            i've got a boner and a desire to speed.

Comment

Originally posted by mrsleeve View Post
              had a good day for water features and got to play with my new filter a little bit

what kind of lens are you using? and are you shooting all the way closed down?

Comment

Please critique the hell out of it

Comment

Originally posted by T Verdier View Post
                  what kind of lens are you using? and are you shooting all the way closed down?

1&3 were shot with a 28-135mm Canon with a CPL very early in the am, on very over cast day before the sun was up over the mountain. Low ISO and fairly wide aperture Less than a F/10 I think closer to F/5.6 IIRC Shutter times were about 2.5 sec.

2&4 were shot with a 100-300mm canon on the same morning earlier, and closed up pretty tight with low ISO, shutter time was about 2.5 sec.
                  If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
                  The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
                  William Pitt-

Comment

i feel that 3 should be a lot sharper the 28-135 is super soft zoomed in but its alright at 28-70ish. maybe turn is off, use mirror lock up, and set a timer so no shale happens.number 1 is cool, id like to see more of whats going on below the frame. nice shots overall.

Comment

Originally posted by 5Toes View Post

nice exposure, if the car was more interesting then the picture would also be. but its a DD with lots of rock chips and crooked kidneys lol, no offense. for me cars are rarely interesting photography subjects i dont know why, i love cars, but it just doesn't do it for me.

Comment

Originally posted by 5Toes View Post

I wish the sky was not blown out. Other than that I think that it looks ok.
                        "Honey? What color is this wire? Is it the same as that one? Are you sure? I don't believe it. OK, it works. Thank you sweetie."

Comment

Hey, hope you don't mind, but I did a few fixes for you/ Hope you like them.

Comment

Mike, I like the idea.

Did you just make a layer mask on a cyan blue color layer? I dont know if it is your image host, or what... but the picture loos super sharp now

Yeah sky was blown out, I had REALLY bad light, I want to go back on a sunny day around 10AM... that pump is about .5 blocks west of the shoreline

Comment

What I did was make a new layer and put in a picture of some nice clouds that I have saved onto my comp to help fix a blown out sky. I blended it in and lowered the opacity of it.

I also added a high pass filter to the picture, that is why it is sharper now.

Comment

T:

I agree #3 is a little soft, and that could be from 2 or 3 things,

#1 your right the IS trying to fix something thats not really there.

#2 Mirror slap, as I cant remember if I shot this one in live mode or not I took 300ish shots that morning

#3 Shitty ass tripod, and I am waiting on a better head to show up. Or a combo of 2&3

Over all I do like the shot a lot, I agree it would have been a little better if it was not so soft, but the softness kinda gives it a little more arty kinda feel to it in my opinion.

William Pitt-

Comment

Working...
                                X