Cops on horses?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cops on horses?

Today I was driving to work and saw a few cops on horses. I've never really thought anything of it - cops tend to patrol on horseback during large events. Is this normal for most cities - or is this a texas thing?
    "We praise or find fault, depending on which of the two provides more opportunity for our powers of judgement to shine."

Happens all the time here in Massachusetts too at large events
    sigpic

Comment

Yeah normal for most places in the country, Horses give them a way to control crowds better be more maneuverable, yet still in close contact with the crowd, and give a good vantage point.

Police mounts are normally really cool personable horses with an incredible amount of training and trust in their riders
      Originally posted by Fusion
      If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
      The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
      William Pitt-

Comment

yeah its pretty common. The horses are trained to work crowd control. They can break up and move large crowds working in teams where size and power dominate.
        Build your own dreams, or someone else will hire you to build theirs!

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

I was expecting this thread to make fun of Canada.
          Originally posted by z31maniac
          I just hate everyone.

No need for discretion.

Comment

Fuck, we have cops on bikes here. They were bright yellow shirts and black bike shorts, on black and yellow bikes. We call them "Bumblefuzz".

Comment

The RCMP use horses here too for crowd control and parades. The actual Police don't though.

Inb4 Canadian police jokes.

>> 1988 3.1 ITB E30 /// 2002 E46 M3 6MT / 2008 335xi 6MT / 1991 S38B36 E30 (sold)

Comment

We used to supply horses for the Detroit Mounted Police

Comment

Originally posted by Ray Ban View Post
                  OH so many jokes, so little time, but I will not go there as the are not P/C
                  Originally posted by Fusion
                  If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
                  The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
                  William Pitt-

Comment

I live in texas, everybody rides horses.
                    Wrecking cars, closing bars.

Tie rod spacers for sale: http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=245785

Comment

Have them here, I prefer them to the douche's on bikes, pedaling around town acting hard. Your on a Schwinn dude, ride a horse then become a badass
                      1985 BMW 325e
                      1997 BMW M3/4/5
                      2007 Chevy Silverado Crew Cab 5.3 v8

Comment

Yes we got them at big events in SoCal, L.A. to be exact... But honestly haven't noticed lately...

I love Butterstuff

BUTTERCUP!

jou ma se poes in 'n fishpaste jar.
                        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Transaction Feedback

Comment

Originally posted by Ray Ban View Post
                          We?
                          Enter the Internet!

Comment

SF has cops on horses a lot. We have a lot of large parks like Golden Gate Park that they patrol on horse back.
                            sigpic
                            "The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten."

Comment

Nothing to worry about until...

Comment

Working...
                              X