Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

To claim my apartment as a remote office on my taxes...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

To claim my apartment as a remote office on my taxes...

What do I need to know. Because it is. Do I have to know the size of it or what?

Also I want to claim my car I use for business. Can I? I have a good tax guy but haven't ever claim stuff for business. Also I bought like 3 grand worth of tools.
    Ma che cazzo state dicendo? :|

Not sure on the specifics or anything, but I'd probably shoot these questions to your tax guy and see what he suggests.

Comment

Probably questions for your CPA not r3v.
      sigpic

Comment

I am self employed with my Father's construction Co. So we claim mileage and when he bought the work truck also tools that are bought for the business. We have a tax person that told us to keep track of any expenses for the Co. I don't know about office space since we don't have one. I don't see why not, that is what you would be needing for work.

Do you have a person that does your taxes? If so I would have a good talk with them about this, taxes is not a place to mess around. Can get in big trouble.
        ~ Puch Cafe. ~ Do business? feedback ~ Check out my leather company ~

Instagram: @BWeissLeather

Current cars:
        ~ '87 325 M30B35 swap
        ~ '87 535
        ~ 01 540 Msport 6spd
        ~ '06 X5 4.8is

Comment

I get to figure that one out too. Working from home I am wondering how much of my internet/rent/etc I can charge as business expenses since I am not compensated (other than being able to work without pants).
          Im now E30less.
          sigpic

Comment

You have to claim the percentage of area that you use. For example, if you use a bedroom for your work office that is 20% of the square footage of the apartment, then you can claim 20% of rent. Same goes for utilities, cable etc. I had a home office for five years and always was able to write off enough so I didn't have to pay the $3500 or so a year that I would owe.

Comment

Just be careful to not over do it, DONT FUCK WITH THE IRS, they can and will ruin your life
              Originally posted by Fusion
              If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
              The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
              William Pitt-

Comment

Ok so that's why I am asked how big the size of my apartment is and how big the size of my office is.
                Ma che cazzo state dicendo? :|

Comment

Originally posted by mrsleeve View Post
                  Just be careful to not over do it, DONT FUCK WITH THE IRS, they can and will ruin your life
                  ^This.

I was audited 2 years ago good luck explaining to the auditor that you went with tax advise from the internet, if it's not printed in the tax code you have no legal leg to stand on.

http://www.irs.gov/newsroom/article/...108138,00.html

Comment

pshhh paying taxes is for waffleswaffleswaffleswaffleswaffless.

Current Car: 2011 BMW 135i, M-Sport, 6 speed

Originally posted by lambo
                    Sounds like you need a massage.
                    Originally posted by kpeng
                    Who the hell is Vlad?

Comment

Working...
                    X