Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shuttle Launch

Thought Id share....

Go here to see Dragon Crew-1 launch from 11/15/2020: https://youtu.be/ic9zXAsWghgFlying from Orlando, FL I had the rare opportunity to be able to watch Disco...
    sigpic

1986 325e

My other ride...The Titan of trucks!

amazing. Man kinds greatest achievement.

"Its preparations are concealed, not published. Its mistakes are buried not headlined. Its dissenters are silenced, not praised. No expenditure is questioned, no rumor is printed, no secret is revealed."

John F. Kennedy

Comment

That was all filmed in a studio. CGI is really progressing.
      Originally posted by Dozyproductions
      All girls fuck but not all girls fuck around with combustion engines.

Comment

I'd be more excited if it were pulling up a carbon nano-tube cable behind it.

Comment

Originally posted by Bene View Post
          I'd be more excited if it were pulling up a carbon nano-tube cable behind it.
          wut?
          Originally posted by Dozyproductions
          All girls fuck but not all girls fuck around with combustion engines.

Comment

Originally posted by mamzak View Post
            wut?
            See:Space Elevator.

Also, we should be spending more money on proper spacecraft, not dabbling so much in world affairs. From what I hear, there are no terrorists on the Moon or Mars.
            Advanded Delphin Division
            My e30s: 1987 325i/1994 318iT

Comment

agreed. look at NASA's budget, and then look at the defense budget.

as an exercise in self control, see if you can resist the urge to formulate a plan to drop a nuke on Washington.

Comment

Originally posted by Bene View Post
                agreed. look at NASA's budget, and then look at the defense budget.

as an exercise in self control, see if you can resist the urge to formulate a plan to drop a nuke on Washington.
                wut?

Comment

Thats pretty sweet. Only have seen the shuttle launch once in person. So cool

Comment

dang that was badass
                    1992 BMW 325iC <3

Comment

Originally posted by delfin View Post
                      See:Space Elevator.

Also, we should be spending more money on proper spacecraft, not dabbling so much in world affairs. From what I hear, there are no terrorists on the Moon or Mars.
                      I used to think the same until I saw how much quicker US companies are moving than NASA. Look at Space-X and then look at the NASA Orion program. I have more faith in US capitalism now than I have in NASA's ability to achieve anything in manned space flight in the near future.

The privatization of space will be the next big leap in space exploration and exploitation in my mind. Kinda like exploration in the 1400s through the 1600s. Governments were the driving force behind the initial burst, but it never really took off until companies took up the cause.
                      "We're not here for a long time, we're here for a good time"-Colin McCrae

Comment

pretty cool...

Ive seen a couple launches from Orlando, and a flyover texas during a landing in Florida....

Comment

Originally posted by tjts1 View Post
                          wut?
                          Not that hard to understand what he is saying. Try not being a douchebag.

"Its preparations are concealed, not published. Its mistakes are buried not headlined. Its dissenters are silenced, not praised. No expenditure is questioned, no rumor is printed, no secret is revealed."

John F. Kennedy

Comment

a++

Comment

Originally posted by E30Kaiser View Post
                              I used to think the same until I saw how much quicker US companies are moving than NASA. Look at Space-X and then look at the NASA Orion program. I have more faith in US capitalism now than I have in NASA's ability to achieve anything in manned space flight in the near future.

The privatization of space will be the next big leap in space exploration and exploitation in my mind. Kinda like exploration in the 1400s through the 1600s. Governments were the driving force behind the initial burst, but it never really took off until companies took up the cause.
                              Yes, but we had a decent program through the 70's, and then what? It's been 39 years since we did anything more than basic NEO activities. If we had kept up what we were doing, we could have been on Mars in the 90's, but instead, we chose to focus on Vietnam, and transitioned into an essentially worthless (in terms of space productivity progression) shuttle program that we are shutting down to replace with unmanned equipment. It's just a bad situation.
                              Advanded Delphin Division
                              My e30s: 1987 325i/1994 318iT

Comment

Working...
                              X