what is this all about?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

what is this all about?

A buddy of mine stopped over yesterday with his new purchase. A really nice 1 owner schwartz 325is with like 129k on it, Its as close to showroom as youll find and once hes done with it it will be perfect. We got to talking and he told me it had a close ratio tranny in it. So I asked him if it was a dogleg and he said no. So i told him that all 6 cyl e30's came with the 260 and they wernt close ratio. Then he sends me this from Wikipedia

The 325is was an upgrade from the standard 325i, as some new features were added to the car as standard. These included the full electrics package, black roof-liner, BMW "is" body kit, BMW 14 inch BBS "Basketweave" wheels and a Close Ratio gearbox. Other features also found on the 325is were options, however over time, some have been mistaken for standard features. These options include a 25% Limited Slip Differential (LSD), M Sport suspension with Bilstein struts, M-Sport II Steering wheel, BMW sports seats, leather interior, sunroof and BMW 15 inch BBS wheels. Options differed on vehicles produced in the United States.

Now half of that is bullshit like the black headliner and IS body kit and 15 inch wheels. Is wikipedia always wrong??
    We can serve you better through Email

sales@blunttech.com
    www.blunttech.com

Like us on Facebook

Parts catalogue shows they had 2 manual transmission options, SPORTS and OVERDRIVE. Assuming the sport transmission is dogleg though.

Comment

Originally posted by boom-monkey View Post
      Parts catalogue shows they had 2 manual transmission options, SPORTS and OVERDRIVE. Assuming the sport transmission is dogleg though.
      yeah Ive never seen a close ratio that wasnt a dogleg.

sales@blunttech.com
      www.blunttech.com

Like us on Facebook

Comment

Damn I want an is body kit.

"Its preparations are concealed, not published. Its mistakes are buried not headlined. Its dissenters are silenced, not praised. No expenditure is questioned, no rumor is printed, no secret is revealed."

John F. Kennedy

Comment

isn't Wiki opinions more than facts written by regular joes?
          harry/harout

Comment

Originally posted by bmw325csi View Post
            isn't Wiki opinions more than facts written by regular joes?
            probably but ever since i read about Optimators sexuality on there I just assumed it was gospel

sales@blunttech.com
            www.blunttech.com

Like us on Facebook

Comment

Originally posted by blunttech View Post
              probably but ever since i read about Optimators sexuality on there I just assumed it was gospel
              2007 Range Rover Sport S/C

Comment

All the close ratio trannys were dogleg and optional. BMW didnt design a 260 CR gearbox for E30s but instead used the 245 CR box from the E21, i pulled one out of pull-a-part and was surprised to a 245 in an e30 chassis. Possibly the best 65 bucks i have ever spent.
                Lorin

Originally posted by slammin.e28
                The M30 is God's engine.

Comment

Originally posted by blunttech View Post
                  A buddy of mine stopped over yesterday with his new purchase. A really nice 1 owner schwartz 325is with like 129k on it, Its as close to showroom as youll find and once hes done with it it will be perfect. We got to talking and he told me it had a close ratio tranny in it. So I asked him if it was a dogleg and he said no. So i told him that all 6 cyl e30's came with the 260 and they wernt close ratio. Then he sends me this from Wikipedia

The 325is was an upgrade from the standard 325i, as some new features were added to the car as standard. These included the full electrics package, black roof-liner, BMW "is" body kit, BMW 14 inch BBS "Basketweave" wheels and a Close Ratio gearbox. Other features also found on the 325is were options, however over time, some have been mistaken for standard features. These options include a 25% Limited Slip Differential (LSD), M Sport suspension with Bilstein struts, M-Sport II Steering wheel, BMW sports seats, leather interior, sunroof and BMW 15 inch BBS wheels. Options differed on vehicles produced in the United States.

Now half of that is bullshit like the black headliner and IS body kit and 15 inch wheels. Is wikipedia always wrong??
                  Whoever put that shit on Wikipedia needs an oven door to the head, stat!!!!!

Comment

Was the black headliner ever an option or standard in some obscure european country? Most of the time I get ready to rage at Wikipedia for being wrong I realize that the info IS accurate but not in my country...
                    '89 325is S50 Track Montser
                    '04 X5 Daily/Tow Vehicle

http://www.avarestoration.com

http://www.myspace.com/brendanfiddle

Click here if you want to be my zombie slave...

http://www.youtube.com/user/Fidhle007

Comment

Ironically as a whole Wikipedia has less errors than the Encyclopedia Brittanica, but this here is just total shit. Someone needs to fix these errors asap! I don't believe BMW made a close ratio gearbox in the 80s that wasn't a dogleg.
                      stephenbrody.com

Comment

never trust wiki that shit is crap!
                        Originally posted by blunttech
                        r3v does not fuck around. First you get banned, then they shoot you

Comment

Originally posted by Killacortes View Post
                          shit is crap

>> 1988 3.1 ITB E30 /// 2002 E46 M3 6MT / 2008 335xi 6MT / 1991 S38B36 E30 (sold)

Comment

Perhaps a special racing gearbox.

Comment

Originally posted by meyere30 View Post
                              Perhaps a special racing gearbox.
                              2007 Range Rover Sport S/C

Comment

Working...
                              X