Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone still 'forced' to listen to radio??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone still 'forced' to listen to radio??

I'm an inventory manager at BravuraBrass.com national distribution warehouse. My boss is an avid fan of the local alternative rock station.... X103.3. He OWNS the radio and changes the station for no one. If I hear Kings of Leon or Nirvana one more time, I swear I'm going to fucking punch myself unconscious. Anyone else forced to listen to the same ungodlyshitassedforsaken music, day-in day-out, at work? I'm on my lunch break and considering smashing his radio with of my forklift when I clock back in... It's a shitty little Philips boombox from 1999.

Originally posted by Ryan...
    It now emits a beautiful blue-ish yellow/green smoke from the exhaust?? No idea what would cause that color, but I assume its good.

Buy your own, more powerful radio and have a battle.
    sigpic

Comment

They listen to country in the shop here.

We have Itunes in my area, so we just kinda let that roll. My boss has a plethora on there, so no repeats through the day.
      1974.5 Jensen Healey : 2003 330i/5

Comment

No, I'm sitting at my desk listening to Meshuggah through my headphones.
        Need parts now? Need them cheap? steve@blunttech.com
        Chief Sales Officer, Midwest Division—Blunt Tech Industries

www.gutenparts.com
        One stop shopping for NEW, USED and EURO PARTS!

Comment

I work with hazardous materials (Lead, Thallium, Cadmium at times, etc...) so, the radio is the only real background noise. That and the radios at work are all old throw aways as once something enters the work area it pretty much has to stay there. So, not only is it pretty much just radio, it's crappy sounding radio.
          Need a part? PM me.

Get your Bass on. Luke's r3v Boxes are here: http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=198123

Comment

I don't have to listen to radio all the time but the helicopters landing on the roof next to my office window are a little unnerving. :curse:
            I found a good set of over the ear headphones and an iPod go a long way towards drowning them out though you can still feel the air pressure change as the rotors turn in your chest. :neutral:

Photo by systemdelete, on Flickr

Comment

I absolutely could not work anywhere this was the case. No exceptions whatsoever. Once did for only 3 months and knew I would not be able to take it. I just don't understand how someone can listen to the same songs over and over and over and over again. Day in and day out.

Isn't the popular definition of insanity 'doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results'? That might not fully apply but it's damn close.

This place kept it on some old classic rock station and FK ME, I can't really stand any of that music. It's just not the type of person I am.

Although, I have to admit, I got stuck on this song, LOL! (twice a day, everyday ruined it though)

Comment

I work for a cluster of radio stations out here. The rotation for popular songs is roughly 90 minutes. We have nearly every genre music station in our building. There is not a song I can't stand.

Comment

Nothing but the oldies station here in the office FML. I live for my lunch break where I can jam my own tunes...
                  Wrecking cars, closing bars.

Tie rod spacers for sale: http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=245785

Comment

Kings of Leon can go suck eggs.

You never realize how frequently they play the same music on the radio until you have to listen to the same station all day everyday

Comment

I'm listening to dub scientist pounding through my work speakers and sub. I like when people ask how I work alone.

Comment

During the summer I clean pools and we have to drive shitty old vans. Your lucky if you get one with a working radio. We work in pairs and the driver for the day usually has control over the radio. In the end I realized every station just repeats its own 40-50 songs. Now I usually just bring my ipod for the longer drives.

Comment

Use to have to listen to only the radio at work till i bought a sweet FM transmitter that plays music off an SD card. now I can listen to my psytrance all i want at work.

I drive a truck that only has an FM radio in it.

Comment

Yeah I work in shop that for some odd reason the only radio station we get is country. I fucking hate country with a passion. SO, I brought in an old receiver, couple speakers and, a sub. I plug my laptop in everyday and play pandora. It makes work way better. Theres a couple guys I work with that hate my music but, I could really care less.

Comment

well since i am unemployed right now i listed to whatever the fuck i want but my last job i was the only tech at the auto repair shop so i choose the station but my boss always tried to change the station for the one oil change a week he would do so i would just lock the power cord in my box until he was done lol

Originally posted by nwvb bmw
                              That guy is going to lock you in his basement and make you ware a little pirate costume.

Comment

Working...
                              X