Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

no more free tethering to androids for you......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

no more free tethering to androids for you......

With this billing cycle, i can no longer tether my rooted DROID X and I just get a subscription page from Verizon.

Total bullshit, I pay for unlimited data with my phone plan I should be able to use it how I want. It is not like I am using 200g of data on the laptop all day.

Google has blocked all tethering apps along with Verizon, at&T and T-Mobile. Sprint is the only hold out right now.....for how long, who knows.

Anyone run into this yet?
    seien Sie größer, als Sie erscheinen

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

im on sprint with a rooted hero. Im running CM 7.1.0 RC1, i use "wireless tether". Working without issues.

I don't understand how they can block it? Im going to have my friend with a rooted droid running CM try it on his.

Comment

^Do that, wireless tether is as good as it gets.
      tasty

Comment

I started doing some research on some DROID forums and found out about what they were doing after I installed gingerbread and liberty to replace my old rooted rom that was giving me issues.

After gingerbread and liberty, bam no tethering so I went looking for the problem.

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

confirmed working on my friends droid.

I have 2.3.4 loaded on my phone. If you havent tried cyanogenmod i highly recommend it. http://www.cyanogenmod.com/

Comment

That ia actually what I had and it kept loosing the sound on my end of the calls and would
            randomly shut down and reboot.

What kernel are you using?

It seems lime the battery life is kind crappy with gingerbread too.

Comment

CM is generally a pretty solid mod. Im running a rooted hero on Sprint with a highly modified stock kernel (decided I wanted to dig into it myself). I've been working with the Gingerbread kernel to port it the way I want for the Hero. Just keep up with info on xda-developers.com - I'm sure someone will tackle the situation rather quickly.
              stephenbrody.com

Comment

So even if u have an easy tether app u cant do it?

Comment

Psh.
                  I haven't rooted mine and I use PDAnet.
                  It's free.
                  Go to the market. Download PDAnet.PDF or whatever it is.
                  Follow directions.

Leave Me Transaction Feedback

Comment

Browsing r3v w/ easytether right now.

Comment

The pdanet with the bluetooth fix not only sends me to the Verizon screen, it brings it up on my DROID x in the browser until I reboot it.

I will give easy tether a shot now.

Comment

i use the stock CM kernel, no issues thus far. Running it OC at 691. Good battery life and everything works. Even have sprints visual voicemail working :D

I can post the apk for "wireless tether" if you need it, i had trouble finding it in the market.

Comment

I ad rooted my sprint to do the wifi, but have switched to tmobile. My g3 has the wifi tethering as park of the stock rom, no cost to run.
                          HDE30 <3

Comment

Running stock Android on Droid Incredible with 2.2 My tethering stopped working too, but I got it to work again. I'm using Easytether. Instead of setting the connection type to "charge only" on the phone, I set it to "HTC sync" and it started working again!

Comment

i have pdanet i hope its still free. they havent mentioned anything about tethering charges
                              Originally posted by blunttech
                              r3v does not fuck around. First you get banned, then they shoot you

Comment

Working...
                              X