How do you...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How do you...

respond to fellow E30/BMW owners who aren't very knowledgeable about E30s/BMWs, or give false information?

CSB;

There was some older (50ish) european dude in the wine shop here, he owns a red 89 325is w/ red grills + kidneys (lol).

He was talking about how his car had a factory 2.8L engine. Apparently BMW had a bunch of surplus 325e engines and then decided they'd throw them into the iS with a higher redline etc.

Meh, I kinda laughed to myself, told him the M20b27 only came in 325e's (and super etas) and that they were very different than an M20b25..which his car has.

He kinda shrugged me off. Must have something to do with my appearance.

I would've told him something along the lines of
    "Unless your car has a Hartge, Alpina, or A/C Schnitzer build plate under the hood. You don't have a factory installed 2.8"

Leave Me Transaction Feedback

Comment

I treat it like any bullshit CL ad you see; ignore it and walk away.
      2007 Range Rover Sport S/C

Comment

I try to be nice to them unless theres a group of people then its fun to make them look like a dumb ass.
        84 318I Delphin RIP
        87 325IS delphin 24v Sold
        89 325 Alpineweiss

Comment

Originally posted by 416stroker View Post
          I try to be nice to them unless theres a group of people then its fun to make them look like a dumb ass.
          100% agree! This local kid with a 318is e36 wanted to race me in my "old shitty BMW". He then went on and said I am NOOOO match against his 3.2ltr engine xD
          ~ Puch Cafe. ~ Do business? feedback ~ Check out my leather company ~

Instagram: @BWeissLeather

Current cars:
          ~ '87 325 M30B35 swap
          ~ '87 535
          ~ 01 540 Msport 6spd
          ~ '06 X5 4.8is

Comment

Recently came across a cl ad for a 95 m3 for 2k or maybe 2.5k....got to the last line where it said 4cyl. Lol

Comment

Originally posted by Ryan... View Post
              ignore it and walk away.
              That's pretty much what I did. He can live in his own world, doesn't hurt me.

Comment

Working...
              X